• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'd just like to announce that I'm going to make the
greatest F/L chipset in the world! (Trying anyway)

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
Kool! When you have done it will u b putting it on the forum for people to download?

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
SWEET

I tried to make some a few days ago, but it kept telling me that there was an error with the colours, so I gave up :disappoin

anyway, I hope that you do a good job on them

Kool! When you have done it will u b putting it on the forum for people to download?
Word​

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'm going to upload a charaset with it as well. You'll need it for the events.

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
can someone please please please please please give me an alphabet chip set because i need it to make my enter hero's name screen! Non of the patches i have used work :(

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey the first version is up! You'll need the charaset later for the PC doors.
I'll upload that later.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Do you think I should improve on the last one?

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Sorry for not uploading the PC door charaset, and sorry for double-posting.
But here's the Charaset of Ash.

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
I've asked before for a alphabet chipset and you've tol me i dont need one for change hero name. I think you may think i mean the option u can choose. But i mean like wen i start my game and it ask's wots ure name and i need a chip set for the part when u click on new name. Plz sum1 giv me a alphabet chipset!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
You still don't need one. Just install the patch, in your event commands go to the second tab, hit Enter Hero Name, and hit okay. It'll do the rest for you.

Years
i have a problem... umm.. well its complicated.. i have a pokemon follow you around in my pokemon game.. and when you leave town it retreats into it's pokeball.. but i have some events for my CBS that teleport you to the battle.. anyway lets not get into that.. sometimes when you walk back into town the pokemon doesnt appear. it plays the sound but the pokemon isnt there.. i have checked whether it was one of the switches but it didnt seem to be.. the problem fixed itself when i went into the prof's lab (in town) and went back out.. he was following me again.. i have copied most of the things in the event but it still didnt work..

and one more thing.. i have used about 200 maps and i think the game just deteriates after a while... some of the switches dont seem to turn on even though i have turned them on.. (and i ended up having to do it mannually) and it doesnt change the character graphic correctly.. (fixed graphic doesnt work)but this is a long long way into the game.. i was wondering is this just rm2k or can i fix it? sorry this is such a long post.

Years
sorry for double posting but i have a reflection in my game.. it just requires so many processes running at one time that it lags.. you need a decent computer to view it properly..i have an idea to make it run a lot smoother and with pratically no processes.. but i need to know if i can make the walking graphic of the reflection walk UNDERNEATH the bridge (which the hero needs to walk on top of).. any ideas? uh maybe i should just convert the f*cking thing to rm2k3

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Post 1> I'm not sure. It's hard to tell without having played it or seen it. 200 maps? Wow! Can't wait to play your game!

Post 2> I did my reflection with a catepillar system that is turned on and off depending on if you are on the water or not. How are you doing yours now? I tried the under-the-bridge thing, but that's hypothetically impossible because the reflection is on the level below hero, and so is the bridge. The engine can't compute two flat images on the same plane, so it can't be done unless you are riding your Airship, the bridge is set to "Same Level as Hero" and the reflection is "below hero."

Years
sh*t!!! please excuse my language, i just did a big explanation on how i managed it then i tried to put in a screenshot and i dragged it into the text area and it just went to where i had the screenshot.. then when i clicked back, the text was gone. oh well.. i dont know how to attatch files and such.. ok let me start again..
DarkMage31, im sorry to prove you wrong but i figured it out. Anyone is welcome to use this but please give me credit. ok.. *takes a deep breath*
first of all, i got the chipset from your lunar game (hope you dont mind) "Masterset" i think it was.. and i copied the file (so i didnt ruin anything and could always start agin)
then i grabbed the bridge part of the chipset (both of them) and i moved them over to the upper layer editing mode you might have to shave off a few pixels, give or take.. (you will find out why soon) then i went to the empty spot and coloured it in the same colour as the shadow underneath the bridge (purely for effect, and also to seperate the reflection from the water) ok u guys still with me? ok after that i put some pink (seethrough colour, just use the one that everything else uses) tile onto the part of the bridge that showed the water (you know, the shadow bit). after this i went to my map, and placed water everywhere. then i placed the shadow tile where i wanted my bridge. the next step is obviously going into upper layer editing mode and placing down the bridge. ok, we all clear with that? now comes the tricky part ;) dont worry i will coach you through it. first i made a new event that had my character's graphic on it and put it where the start of my bridge was, (where you have just teleported to). have you done that part? good. now make the event ABOVE HERO that is very important!!ok.. phew.. What?? more to go??? *shock* now this gets a bit complicated now.. so please stay with me. create an event which it the same level as hero. now place this event all around your bridge, sort of like a barrier (except for at the place where you enter and exit you bridge, that would be just stupid). ok now we have that? now go into 1st or 2nd layer editing mode, doesnt really matter. and select the "Select Tool" it looks like an arrow pointing to a dotted-lined square. now select your whole map and move it up 1 square (dont place anything important at the top of the map graphic-wise because it will now magically disappear) and fix up the bottom of your map if necesary. sorry this isnt the way i moved the squares it but it is a lot easier to explain and less work involved. ok so now ur map should look a bit wierd, not a problem! it is very necesary! it should look like you can walk on one half of the bridge and part of the water (if your bridge is two squares wide like mine). ok thats most of the work out of the way now. *sigh* ok here we go i set my start party position to this map (for test purposes) then i made an event which changed my graphic to that of the reflection. hey whats goin on here, u may ask? well this is the only way to complete the reflection. and you know that event we did a long time ago with our character on it? you should be putting a caterpillar code on it about now.. use mine if you want, it's at the bottom. i tweaked it a bit to work with this specifically. ok, now we look like our reflection and we have a caterpillar following us.. the next step is to go into the database (if you dont know what that is, then you probly shouldnt try this) and go under the chipset tab (tileset if ur using rm2k3) select your chipset with the bridge and everything. and select the option "passing block" ("passability" if your with rm2k3) go to the bridge graphic and click it until it turns into a star, this means that it is above the hero. then go to your water and shadow graphic and click them until they turn into circles.. also click the grass one into a star and anything that you have put ontop of the grass (because if you dont, they will disappear underneath the grass) and thats about it. *yay* wow it didnt seem this long when i did it.ok what the ****, i will put up the caterpillar script. just because im feeling so good. this will be in rm2k style because i am too tired to translate it. im sure you will know what it means if you have used rm2k before rm2k3. *takes a big breath* <>CYCLE
<>variable ch:[001:HERO FOLLOW X] Set, Hero X pos
<>variable ch:[002:HERO FOLLOW Y] Set, Hero Y pos
<>variable ch:[003:EVENT FOLLOW X] Set, Event X pos
<>variable ch:[004:EVENT FOLLOW Y] Set, Event Y pos
<>variable ch:[004:EVENT FOLLOW Y] +, 1
<>FORK Optn:Varbl[002:HERO FOLLOW Y]-V[004] less than
<>Move event...: this Event, up
<>
:END Case
<>FORK Optn:Varbl[002:HERO FOLLOW Y]-V[004] more than
<>Move event...: this Event, down
<>
<>FORK Optn:Varbl[001:HERO FOLLOW X]-V[003] less than
<>Move event...: this Event, Left
<>
<>FORK Optn:Varbl[001:HERO FOLLOW X]-V[003] More than
<>Move event...: this Event, Right
<>
<>
:END Cycle
<>

Well thats it, please excuse any gaps in rm2k terminology, i have a patch that helps me understand my rm2k better.. it just changes thing like instead of having bigger and smaller and above and below and, it makes them equal to, equal to or less than, less than, etc etc. Sorry if this is too long but i hope i was of some help. and i will try to get the screen up now (i apologise if i double post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back