• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, I'm getting a bit interested in Meowth346. Could anyone tell me
    of his website? And Darkmage, I would not mind doing them again.

Years
  • He has ALL the characters from R/S. and i downloaded them about 5 or 6 months ago.
    Amazing.. I dont know his website.. i think i downloaded them from a 3rd party site,
    which had rm2k charasets and chipsets. Just look him up in google or something.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
  • Need Big Time Help

Hey everybody, I tring to make an rm2k3 game like no other: one where the hero can do pokemon attacks, but I'm not very good at this... also, my computer has blocking software on it... so i cant go to a whole bunch of sites that you guys can... I also dont know how to make a web page... yet I refuse to give up... mainly because if i cant make this game, i will never be able to work in game programing.
    So I have a few questions to ask... every one who answers will be in the credits... so here goes!
    1)I have installed RPGMaker2003 and i was looking for Pokemon chipsets and found some right? well when i opened RPGMaker2003, all it had that i could use for my map was dragonwarrior chipsets...I tried to import, but nothing... export, nothing... What do I do?
    2)I cannot do this by myself... I really do need help. I f it needs to be on a web page for you guy to help, I need to know how to create a web page,wherte to create a web page and what not.
    3)i have no clue as to how you pm somebody... i would appreciate it if some one told me
    4)I need Character sets, battle sets, sheesh, i need all the sets for a pokemon game!
    I really would apprciate anybody who helps me out, thanks!

MartynL

Game Programmer!
    Years
  • DarkMage31 i have finished the first part of the CMS and i now need to second part. Can u send it me plz.....?

MartynL

Game Programmer!
    Years
  • DarkMage 31 i hav done it but when it comes up the cursor does not move, it stays still but when i press the cancel key it like restarts it Plz Plz Plz Plz Help!!!

Latios184

Sonic/Pokemon Lover
    Years
  • To demonstrife: 1. I have absolutely no idea.
    2. Go to www.tripod.com or www.freewebs.com .They will get you started.
    3. Click on the person's name in one of their posts and click the "send a personal message" button.. Or go to the inbox and click "compose".
    4. Grab chip and char sets out of someone's game. Or look around this topic and find the one Daegon Kimeron made. If you randomly browse this forum, you will find some randomly good(:D)psets and charsets.

Hope I helped! Oh, and for meoth456... I;ve been to the site, but forgot the address. ^.^''

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • UmbreonsShadow> Yeah, everyone can use that. I'm posting the second part here as well.
    Demonstrife>
    1. If that doesn't work, try going to Start>Run>Type in directory for RPG Maker>Paste file into Chipset folder. Also, make sure the dimensions and color scheme is right. You can find that in the Rm2K3 help file.
    2. To create a website without paying or without experience, I recommend signing up with www.tripod.com or www.freewebs.com. The sites are free, easy to create and maintain, and really good. I use Tripod personally. It has more features.
    3. Go to your control pannel (https://www.pokecommunity.com/usercp.php?) and click the "Send New Private Message" tab. If you want to view your inbox, I think there's a button for that too.
    4. If you download my game (https://darkmage310.tripod.com) I have some included. You may want to check out that Meowth dude also.
    MartynL> Here's part 2:
    Crud, I lost that PM. I'll have to retype it later.
    Until next time!

Years
  • Hey Darkmage, how did you do your installer? I tried it once, no such luck.. And when i installed it on a computer without rpg maker, it didnt work... something about RPTe's. Just gave up and used the normal installer

And one more time, Does anyone have Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire pokemon charasets?? I need walking sprites of them... Anyone who helps will be included in the credits. I dont need all of them.. just treecko and the other 2 starters.. and (of course) their evolutions. Any others would be much appriciated

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • www.clickteam.com has a program called Install creator. It helps you make custom install processes. And to make the game run without RTP currently installed you must include all the game files, open the file RPG_RT.ini or something like that and add the following line of code:FullPackageFlag=1
    And then insert the file Harmony.dll into your game folder. Done.

MartynL

Game Programmer!
    Years
  • I'm making a game called Pokemon Sunshine and i would like to know if anyone could create a title screen for me? They don't have to it's just i don't know how to do it and i would like to know how the running shoes work..... a tutorial would be nice....

Thanks alot happy gaming!!! ;)

Years
  • I could maybe help.. I dont know, it is a lot of work and effort.
    DarkMage, I tried to make an installer.. I left out a file I think.. I didnt even use it in my game... Anyway I just included a download for the RTP as well..

MysticSwampert

Lord of little people!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    Can I have the following pokemon charactersets please: Treeko (and evolutions), Squirtle (and evolutions) and Cindiquil (and evolutions). Help would be great and you will be included in the credits for my game!!!!
    Also, if you have them, Zigzagoon, Poochyena and wurmple characters would be great but not in as great demand.

THANKS!

Years
  • DarkMage> Thanks!! XD
    I was hoping to make a pokemon game called Pokemon Faerie ^.^
    You help a Celebi and it takes you to different times where you can catch the different pokemon. (Idea from Pokemon 4ever ^^)
    Though, I'm still making my chipsets (Morning, Daytime, Evening) so I don't have anything made in the game yet ^^;

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • More titlescreens, eh? I'm pretty backed up right now with titlescreens but when (if) I have time later on, I'd be happy to help.

For custom installs, you may want to use an RTP Dependency scanner. One of these comes packaged in an awesome little Rm2k utility package. It was made by Anomy and Rast or something like that. If you can't find it I may be able to post a link.

Try the Pokemon Resources thread, or try the resources on www.gamingw.net. They have a whole Pokemon section! Get to it here: https://gamingw.net/resource/5/?l=62
    www.gaminggroundzero.com also has lots of pokemon charsets.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, if I want to get the RM2K sprites by Meowth346, then what do I do after,
    I go to his site?

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
    Years
  • Maybe you already discussed this but when will a decent version of the new RPG Maker come out cause I downloaded one but it kind of sucked.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • They are supposedly coming out with an RPG Maker XP that features the optional addition of coding.

Anyway, if you want to download now and not wait years and years, you can get the 2000 version which is good, or the upgraded 2003 which is better. Some translations are better than others, so you probably ended up with just a crappy translation. If you want 2000, get the one by Don Miguel. For 2003 make sure it's translated by RPG Advocate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back