• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I don't know much about Martial Arts myself, and the universe of History's Strongest Disciple is quite fantastical in and of itself. Said reasons are why I was thinking someone could just start with the basics of the martial art of their choice (And since it would start from just the basics they could merely do a small amount of research or even more if they get excited.) And their character would develop their own style from the basis over time.

Examples of the basics: Tae Kwan Doe's emphasis on kicks, Jujitsu's extensive use of throws and grapples, Muay Thai's use of knees and elbows, use of a specific weapon or classes of weapon etc.

Sephear

Years
Yeah, I'm great at making something sound interesting in principle and then making a final product that people are usually disappointed in >.< But if I go through with it I'll definitely do my best to make it easy for regular people to understand. After all I myself am no expert on Martial Arts, besides a lot of techniques and what we did would come from our own imaginations, just with roots in the real world and loose ties to physics and whatnot

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
@Seph, sounds great but I don't know much about the worlds strongest disciple since I try to stay away from ecchi manga with some exceptions like if fan service isnt the main reason I am reading it. Is the killing fist a group of people who kill or just baddies?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hey there, I just have a quick inquiry that has been playing on my mind lately. There are some people throughout the Roleplay Corner who have asked how to make the 'pretty backgrounds' for SU sheets and plot/GM thread posts. Though I am more than willing to help people learn the CSS form here on PC (or direct them to RHCP's great little guide) I am wondering if people would prefer templates to use instead? Learning CSS can be a tedious process, especially in the beginning stages where many things can go wrong with no knowledge of how to fix it.

If I started a CSS template shop of sorts where you can take different SU/Thread layouts and I give instructions on how to modify to your liking would anyone be interested?

I appreciate you guys letting me know. Thank you ~ :3

I kind of thougth about that too and added a few basic templates for the people in my RP to use in our OOC post and even offered to make them custom versions xD Hasn't worked too great tho xD a certain (now) DemonicWolf deemed them "too girly" for his taste even tho they were just templates xD And most people would rather settle for copying one they like, changing the colours and that's that xD

But well, good luck and all ^-^

Sephear

Years
@Chuckles Honestly to me the fan service feels like such a small part of it, I really like the story and themes, and Kenichi as a character. But to answer your question "The Killing Fist" Satsujinken is not a specific group of people, it's a philosophy. Those who follow the way of the killing fist train themselves not for self defense or to protect others, but to kill, their only goal is to prove they are the strongest, they believe killing is the superior path to power. Whereas "Katsujinken" The Saving Fist believes the greatest power comes from fighting to protect something, and using Martial Arts as a means to said protection, and to value life above all else yadda yadda.

Also just gonna add this in for everyone as a whole, if you look at my AKA thing or whatever you call it, when you're shortening call me Sephy :D It's mah Nickname in real life. Don't know why I felt the need to bring it up, it doesn't matter, but I did...BECAUSE RAISINS!

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
@Sephy, cool thanks for explaining that to me and also about the fanservice I might pick it up in a few weeks. I will see if I can join.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hey there, I just have a quick inquiry that has been playing on my mind lately. There are some people throughout the Roleplay Corner who have asked how to make the 'pretty backgrounds' for SU sheets and plot/GM thread posts. Though I am more than willing to help people learn the CSS form here on PC (or direct them to RHCP's great little guide) I am wondering if people would prefer templates to use instead? Learning CSS can be a tedious process, especially in the beginning stages where many things can go wrong with no knowledge of how to fix it.

If I started a CSS template shop of sorts where you can take different SU/Thread layouts and I give instructions on how to modify to your liking would anyone be interested?

I appreciate you guys letting me know. Thank you ~ :3
That sounds like an interesting service, actually. You could have CSS loons all over submit their own templates for use!

Actually, as long as I'm credited on the templates, I wouldn't mind giving them out, mainly since I'm working on a new one at this moment.

Heya guys! If it wasn't obvious, this is DuskLunacy/WolfOfEve/Akio/Wolfy! Not only did I get my name shortened, but I got all of my profiles combined together into one. Now, all of my progress throughout PC is together (And I'm getting close to two years here on PC, yeah!!) so I mainly said this to clear up any possible confusion.

Why go from DuskLunacy to Dusk, though? Well, normally DL is my universal username for everything, but shortening it to Dusk just seems... Friendlier to me. And that's one of the things I love so much about this site. You guys are awesome! New or old, we have a constant flow of activity now (much better than the great drought of 2012 brought us) and more people to bring us crazy new perspectives and angles to RP and character alike!

That's why this username change comes with more of a personal change as well. If I ever had any problems with anyone, they're dissolved now. As far as I'm concerned, you're all amazing people in your own ways. If I was ever seemingly unfriendly before, that's going to change. I want it to be well-known, just how awesome this place is, and I'm going to reflect it in my personality too. A realist's display of positivity, if you would.

I love you guys, even in the darker times in my life this place is and always will be a sort of sanctuary and home for me.

You guys rock!!

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
@Kenneth, thank you very much for the interest and reply!

@Lord Sephear, your support is worth as much as anyone else, and I will take it into consideration as such. Thank you for the reply! :3

@ChiliDawgs, well I would be glad to help out. That is, if Elite doesn't mind me poaching their people lol. <3

@gimmepie, I know what you mean, I prefer my posts organized as well. I feel like the templates will definitely help some people who don't have the time to learn CSS, or just want a quick layout to utilize while focusing on their content.

@Ziposaki, thank you very much for the reply. I am in the process of getting a college degree for Web Development so I too am still learning all the tricks and trade of CSS. It is really fun to learn and manipulate. I would recommend it to anyone, but it takes some dedication to keep up with. The CSS form here on PC is pretty simplified, however it still has a lot of features available to you.

@Dusk, I could definitely integrate the idea of others submitting their own standard templates for public use, and credit will always be given where it was due. This will also help with the confusion of people quoting from your posts and reworking a custom CSS structure you built specifically for your own use. It would centralize all available templates that they can rework instead.

Years
I think Sovereigns idea would actually be pretty good or spreading some CSS literacy about. When I first learned CSS it was through tinkering with templates on a rp site where using CSS tables for posts was extremely commonplace. Tinker with templates enough and you eventually learn enough bits and pieces to write your own stuff.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes! I love to tweak the css of others to learn how to do new things. But most often I keep it basic haha. With only limited knowledge, you can do enough :3

There is a CSS resource thread over in T&I section... Just so you guys know. But templates would be really cool, Sovereign.

Years
A quick public service announcement. The Gijinka Project has been expanded to ten slots open, leaving three slots open for newcomers! With six awesome characters accepted already it won't be long until we get started. If epic sized conflicts, government conspiracies and pokemon/human hybrids sounds like your kind of thing, or if you were thinking of joining but weren't sure, then now's the time to come over to the OOC thread and join the cool kids!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hey guys ~Genevieve~ here after getting a name change. My Rp Journey to the Unknown Lands still has a ton of open spots.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
So, I've finished making the dark pokemon RP i.e. Unova: Dark Days. So here i bring you the trailer of the RP in words.

Spoiler:

Don't tell anybody! Prof Oak was a bad student too.

So yeah, Prof. Oak's twelfth standard poem is the prologue.

Anyway I'm looking for two more Gm's to help me. This will be a huge RP so we need at least three people to keep it organised.

@Sovereign: I would really love that idea. I suck at CSS. For some reason anybody whose CSS I steal goes inactive for a long time also. So this would be great.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Kanea. I am absolutely intrigued for what your RP will bring in matters of plot, and will be expecting it popping around here soon with excitement o3o
I could help, if you want me to :3

*loading: advertising.txt*Just letting y'all know that 5 spots are open in RéBURST RéBOOT and some other stuffs, so come join if you love Hoenn/Journey RPs and whatnot!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have a really good username for RPing, methinks :D

A lot of RPC regulars don't visit other parts of PC, right? I used to only go here.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I post a lot in a couple different forums :3 mostly the General Entertainment and Chit Chat and Polls but, I'm starting to post more in Vidya Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back