• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've got that Gijinka roleplay I posted a summary to further up the page waiting for acceptance at the moment, gonna be running it with 8 slots when it goes through.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
[CSS-DIV="background-color: #C6DAEA; border-color: #0A2F67; padding: 55px; color: #000000; border-style:solid; width: 860px; line-height: 1.3em;"]
In a forgotten age where the gift of the Gods, sorcery, was free to roam the world, a terrible war between the nations raged for centuries. Millions were lost, the earth was painted with more of their blood every day, all due to the immense power unlocked to simple, mortal men by sorcery. In sight of the tragedies that befell the human kind daily, a brave and bold man named Anemos decided to find the source of magic and destroy it once and for all, so that no one could abuse it further; watching his enchanted compass, he traveled through sea and mountain and sky, determined to do the impossible. Indeed, as he begun to realize, it was impossible to destroy magic, for it was not man-made. He would have it moved instead, removing it from the facilities of humanity. His efforts caused his world to rip in two... two worlds, each of which continued to grow naturally, unscathed, separated from each other - but one with, and one without magic. In halving a singular world into two, not only did he lose his compass, but he committed the ultimate hybris. A felony against the Gods, who had gifted mankind with sorcery so that it may prosper further. Angered, they laid a heavy curse on Anemos and banished him in the second world, to dwell on the realm of magic that he hated so. Ever since then, the two worlds grew separately... but Anemos's work was not left as complete as he would like to think. Millennia further on in time, up until the present, it was said that a connection between the two worlds existed - thus making traversing through the two worlds possible. Men begun speaking of the Breach, a typhoon of unearthly, unholy winds that carried any who wandered within it to the realm of magic... where the cursed winged spirit of Anemos soars the skies, in search for his lost compass.
[/CSS-DIV]

Years
Seems some advertising is the thing to do here right now >_>

The Gijinka Project is now up and ready to accept characters! If you're interested in playing a human given supernatural pokemon powers and being an unwittingly important piece in a world about to break out in conflict then come have a look! The plan for the roleplay is to be a mix of open world and story driven; there will be a defined story happening and you will choose your place in it and how you influence things.

If any of the above sounds interesting to you then click that link above and have a look! :D

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I have a brilliant idea that struck me when thinking about the spirits from avatar.... It's kinda like gijinka, however more futuristic, and contained within an area.

Spoiler:

I'd appreciate it if you would have a quick look to see if you would be interested in it or any improvements I could make... Also if someone was to help me and co-gm it with me I'd appreciate that too :)

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Hey there, I just have a quick inquiry that has been playing on my mind lately. There are some people throughout the Roleplay Corner who have asked how to make the 'pretty backgrounds' for SU sheets and plot/GM thread posts. Though I am more than willing to help people learn the CSS form here on PC (or direct them to RHCP's great little guide) I am wondering if people would prefer templates to use instead? Learning CSS can be a tedious process, especially in the beginning stages where many things can go wrong with no knowledge of how to fix it.

If I started a CSS template shop of sorts where you can take different SU/Thread layouts and I give instructions on how to modify to your liking would anyone be interested?

I appreciate you guys letting me know. Thank you ~ :3

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Sovereign if you did that I would love you and hug you and then let you see satan without him murdering you, which is quite the honor, then bring you back to earth and then ask for your autograph coz you'll be famous in my eyes. Am I over-exaggerating?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Sovereign. Like how Trade Shops have templates to copy and use? I think it could be done if people would like to. Either for SUs or RPs, I can see it working just great.

Although it's more about the contents of the CSS rather than the template itself so it's not really that necessary for making great plots/characters x3 Although it indeed is a nice extra if we could have "standard" templates of sorts available for grabs at any time :3

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Oh I agree one hundred percent. The content is way more important than anything fancy you do on the exterior. It would just be for people who wanted to add a little extra. Like the topping on a cake or whatever. I just wanted to see if people were interested in standard templates.

Lol Crimson, I will note down that you are on board. Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Yeah I have to say that sounds like a wonderful idea indeed Sovereign, you've got my support although it's not worth much.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Ehrmegerd Soverign i love you pleasee XD i suck at CSS and all the CSS stuff i use i have to ask for from Elite (thanks bebe ;D) lol those templates would be sooo soo useful

Years
Soverign, yes please.

I like the opening posts of my RPs to be well organised and appealing to look at but my CSS is mediocre at best so I really love the idea. Plus now I won't have to pester Resolution or Adventure all the time

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Soooo my first RP hasn't even started yet but I'm super lame and think about how everything I get really into might be a Roleplay so I'm gonna share my nonsense anyways, and my new av/sig combo sort of gives it away.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking "what if there was a roleplay about various young martial artists fighting for their respective beliefs like in 'History's strongest Disciple"? Characters would start with a base martial art and work up to develop their own style, and eventually people would be divided into Katsujinken and Satsujinken (The Saving Fist and The Killing Fist respectively) and shenanigans would ensue all throughout. It would be a very interesting story.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Sovereign, that would be really cool. Although I do think I should learn CSS at some point, a template would be a really nice basis point to build from/have until I stop being lazy and actually learn CSS.

Years
@Seph - the idea is rather intriguing but those of us who know little of martial arts could be quite limited in what we could write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back