• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rumors: Pokemon cheaters banned from online play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I wont sit here and act like i dont use the thing because i do. I have been ripped off in SOOOO many trades that it lead me to getting one. I had a completely legit celebi and someone stole it because i asked him to clone it. He went and traded it away to someone else. So i said forget it and im getting an action replay to get the pokemon that i want.

wow you just reminded me of some thing now i want ar more i have been planinig on buying one tomoro but they don't sell it on my contry soo i well buy it from the enternet
    but i don't think this is true but it might i battle trade for hacked pokes and this never happend i don't think it well ever happen and i hope soo but only for pokemon that have higher states than normorl and impossple moves

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Pokemon with hacked stats/Modded movesets are a problem in my book. However I do neither of those. I just catch the pokemon that i want so that i dont have to trade with dishonest people. I mean unlike most people who use AR at least im being honest about my usage of the device

Years
  • If I am not mistaken, it is just hacked pokemon arent allowed on the wifi connection (of course they are working on this). By the way my friend talked (she works for Nintendo) that hacked pokemon can be sorted through the legit pokemon. The way they know is of 2 simple factors. Legit Pokemons encoding string of data is automatical generated by the game itself. A hacked pokemons encoding string of data is generated via the AR/Shark. They also have bad coding strings. If some individuals are not carefull they can generate a hacked pokemon with such bad uncoding data, that that one little pokemon can corrupt or destroy other data strings (pokemon in your party, day care, or box can turn up missing) and if that pokemon gets traded to another cartridge the same thing will happen on that game. Which 75% of the time ends up in total game corruption!

Releasing and trading the hacked pokemon away does not get rid of its encoding string. The game still retains the old data string (remembers it was released or traded away.)
    Nintendo wants to stop stuff like this from happening. Otherwise people all over the world will be whining about thier game being messed up and not realize that it was prolly the Shiny Drifloon that they got in the GTS. Not all hacked pkmn are harmfull but they are still detectable as hack (nintendo disqislifies people in tourneys they have if a game cartridge has one hacked pkmn on it, whether you were using it or not. Nintendo discourages cheating.

Everly

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Honestly, I personally WILL not enter any Nintendo tournys so i dont really care =P

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I think banning people who use hacked Pokemon is dumb unless that Pokemon was made to have insane stats or Wonder Guard or moves not otherwise learnable.

If you hack for a Pokemon and it's no different than a legit one, what's the problem?

furix

:3?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    There is also the bad egg, product of badly hacked pokemon, or not knowing how to use a cheatind device.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • I think stupid pokemon should just be labelled 'UNABLE' like when you try to use rayquaza at the battle frontier on emerald. That would make more sense than banning people.

Anyway i'm pretty sure they couldn't detect stuff like EXP. Gain cheats. They're useful for training up the lvl. 17 Bibarel that knows surf, rock climb cut and rock smash that you havent used at all and now your at the elite four with a load of lvl. 50's and 60's and one lvl. 17.

I didn't think of this until AFTER i beat the elite four, so on my HALL OF FAME there really is a level 17 bibarel... Yey. All hail glorious Bibarel!... anyway...

They shouldn't ban FIREBLAST MAGIKARPS either, they're cool. As long as thier stats aren't hacked... which they almost always are... they should ban EVIL fireblast magikarps. but not the coolly useless ones.

Anyway back to the point now, i don't think that AR users who speed up the training process are really cheating, as long as your Pokemon are within the limits of the game, that's fine by me.

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    I think banning people who use hacked Pokemon is dumb unless that Pokemon was made to have insane stats or Wonder Guard or moves not otherwise learnable.

If you hack for a Pokemon and it's no different than a legit one, what's the problem?

Exactly. There IS nothing wrong. People just want something to complain about really...

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I can see it bad when you cheat online but if you don't plan to battle people over wi-fi I think it's totally alright no harm is done to anyone else but yourself.
    Like me I'll never battle people with hacked pokemon seems unfair.

I also agree with what Richard Steel said.

side note: Speedboost Cruselax FTW

Monty Kensicle

"Wowsers!"
    Years
  • I still have my AR for GBA, so i use that from time to time :)
    All my pokemon from there are legit, just, kinda caught in masterballs :)

We were considering doing that as well, but we had no means of procuring that many Master Balls. (We don't own an Action Replay)

So instead we breed a Mawile so it knew False Swipe, and trained it to level 100, then migrated it to Pearl.

We now save lots of money by just buying normal Poke Balls and using my Mawile to help catch the Pokemon we're after.

With all due respect,

~Monty Kensicle

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    In Pearl, I have a Sneasel with false swipe. In Sapphire, I do not :)
    It's how i catch all my ditto.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • I catch a ditto and breed itwith my pokemon in all my other games to get Baby Starters. Then tranfer them over.

I never hacked and don't intent to do so now. The only thing i really use is Quick leveling up on my weaker pokemon that i use with my AR and the occasional Run thru anything, if something is blocking my way towards something I want.

I ran to the "Secret Islands" with the run thru cheat. To catch Darkrai and Shaymin. Because I truelly hate the events that pokemon throw, they are never around my area when they do them. Usually in far off cities!

Years
  • They are not banning people from being able to get online just the hacked pokemon, they can still use thier legit pokemon that the game itself generated.

Everly

(But of course if you use a cheating device to alter its moves or anything where the cheating device would alter it in anyway, it messes up that pokemons original coding and will become a hack, including leveling them up)

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    So you think it's cute, trying to cheat on being a pokey-man collecta', huh? I hear you're getting your hits using these Action Replay codes with
    • National-Dex
    • Catching All 493 Pokemon
    • All Shiny
    Well, I got news for you, buddy. Word on the street is that Nintendo is banning players who are caught using the aforementioned codes from online play. No trades, no barters, just cold isolation with yourself. My Pokeymans, let me show you them ... I can't? Oh, nuts!

..And who told you this?

A little birdie?

Years
  • I wont use a cheating device....(i dont even own one anyways) so I have no worries, when they get that situated to make hacks un-usable. I hope its soon Im tired of being whomped by a Caterpie that knows Explosion or Aero Blast....so lame.

Everly

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
  • Lol, that last statement made me laugh...

I'm sure if it gets out of hand (Like Mario Kart and snaking...) something will be done about it.

I'm all for using shortcuts to raise Pokemon, but as long as everything is completely legit in the end. I don't have an AR, but I'm considering picking one up...'cause I really don't feel like raising a Blissey again, and I probably won't have the time required to raise it to max potential.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I'm sure if it gets out of hand (Like Mario Kart and snaking...) something will be done about it.

I'm all for using shortcuts to raise Pokemon, but as long as everything is completely legit in the end.

I am 100% with you on both points. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2007
    even if they did ban people from wireless play all you would have to do is swich internet compies with a smaller internet severace provider and if they tryied to bann you they could not because they are only banning people from the huge internet servace providers and if they did your internet servace provider could sue nintendo and win everthing they have

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back