• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sabrina Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Hm, might be, but in my eyes, a gym that is potentially dangerous and uber hard to beat is something the league might not like to see. Plus, a more or less obviously mentally affected gym leader...

Somehow I'd like to think the league would step in if they heard that opposing trainers were being turned into dolls.

Sorry I don't seem to post much here, it's just that over the past 3 years I've probably said every single thing possible there is to say about Sabrina... I can't think of much else to say.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • XD It depends on if the leageu is *able* to hear about the trainers...maybe every Jenny that they send there (do they even send their officers to gyms or wasn't it the local Joy that had to do that job?) disappeared mysteriously...yet, even then, it would become a bit obvious that something *is* wrong. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Her emotions are alive, indeed, but only in the doll, as you said yourself. The 'real' Sabrina, once again I repeat myself, had no feelings.
    You couldn't separate the two of them. They belong together, being two parts of the same person.

Hm, might be, but in my eyes, a gym that is potentially dangerous and uber hard to beat is something the league might not like to see. Plus, a more or less obviously mentally affected gym leader...
    All in all, her gym might be hard, but not unbeatable. A hard-to-beat-gym couldn't be closed out of nothing - at least the gym challenge should be... well, challenging.
    Was it so obvious that Sabrina was mentally affected? Not many seemed to care about then, at least nobody was shown in the episodes.

Geez, thanks. >> You have no photo of me yet! XD
    You're welcome.

I didn't see any surprise there, and her voice was close to even imo. She sounded surprised when Ash 'quit' the gym match, but not when her father appeared (then, I'm talking about the English version, haven't listened to the German one in ages.)
    I don't know the English version, so I spoke about the German one. Plus, my DVD (or maybe all available DVDs) have a problem when Ash "quit" that match, so I don't even know what she's saying that moment or with which intonation, only know *that* she say something. Would you please help me out?

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • You couldn't separate the two of them. They belong together, being two parts of the same person.
    ...you say it yourself. *Two parts*. Of course of the same person, but still two different parts. One has feelings, the other has not. It's that simple. =3
    All in all, her gym might be hard, but not unbeatable.
    Okay, I agree with this (though my fangirl heart bleeds...><)
    A hard-to-beat-gym couldn't be closed out of nothing - at least the gym challenge should be... well, challenging.
    I'm talking about the, well, more *dumb* kind of trainers (not the Ash kind of dumb, though) which get irritated over the hardness of her gym. I may again be biased, but I think once these kids get their lawyers and say that the gym should be easier...after all, *theoretically*, Sabrina's gym could be taken as the fourth one (as Ash kindly showed us), so it should be beatable at that stadium of trainerhood. =3 At least some dumb kid might think so.
    Another thing is....remember the dozens of trainers at the Indigo Torunament or whatever it was called in the anime? I doubt everyone of them has the Marsh Badge. And yet, the Marsh Badge seems to be one of the more or less official ones. And if a official badge is harder to get that one of the less-known ones...maybe the league doesn't like to see that? I'm not sure, I managed to confuse myself here. o,o
    Was it so obvious that Sabrina was mentally affected? Not many seemed to care about then, at least nobody was shown in the episodes.
    ....she has psychic powers, that alone might make her 'crazy' for some people. >> And then, the doll, the voice, the attitude...maybe not 'mentally affected', but at least some kind of 'crazy'.
    I don't know the English version, so I spoke about the German one. Plus, my DVD (or maybe all available DVDs) have a problem when Ash "quit" that match, so I don't even know what she's saying that moment or with which intonation, only know *that* she say something. Would you please help me out?
    XD No, no, you *heard* right. She doesn't say anything there in the German version. I guess they couldn't find a suiting translation for "quit" or "nani"...XD!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    ...you say it yourself. *Two parts*. Of course of the same person, but still two different parts. One has feelings, the other has not. It's that simple. =3
    If you say so...

I'm talking about the, well, more *dumb* kind of trainers (not the Ash kind of dumb, though) which get irritated over the hardness of her gym. I may again be biased, but I think once these kids get their lawyers and say that the gym should be easier...after all, *theoretically*, Sabrina's gym could be taken as the fourth one (as Ash kindly showed us), so it should be beatable at that stadium of trainerhood. =3 At least some dumb kid might think so.
    Well. I think of the Pokemon World in amore realistic way, first: Lawyers are expensive as hell, and trainer-kids usually wouldn't think of such a way. Second: To take a gym leader to court for loosing against him/her is in my eyes as effective as, say, bringing the SPD to court for loosing in the European Election even after giving your vote for them. ^^

Third, and most important: The level of the gym leader's Pokemon should be addicted to the challenger's. just like the Poke-Marts in Sinnoh: You are able to buy every item everywhere - if you have the right badges for it. So as a child or teenager from Vermilion City you should be able to start your gym leader's challenge with Lt.Surge as well, who would have Pokemon up to Lv.14 then instead of the harder Pokemon he would use against a more experienced trainer. So if a trainer enters a gym, some guy on the entrance should ask him/her how many badges he/she has, and that decided about the level of the gym leader's Pokemon. So you don't have to travel from Pallet Town to Pewter City to Cerulean City to Vermilion City etc. - which would be of course stupid if you are from Saffron, Lavender, Cinnabar or Fuchsia, but are able to take on the gyms as you wish to. After all, I don't see a use in such a prescribed route. A proof to that: the Kanto gym leaders in GSC are all on the same level when you challenge them. You have already 8 badges then, so they all go to their fullest.

Another thing is....remember the dozens of trainers at the Indigo Torunament or whatever it was called in the anime? I doubt everyone of them has the Marsh Badge. And yet, the Marsh Badge seems to be one of the more or less official ones. And if a official badge is harder to get that one of the less-known ones...maybe the league doesn't like to see that? I'm not sure, I managed to confuse myself here. o,o
    What? I would carefully make sure that the official badges *are* harder to get if I'm the Pokemon League's head. After all, the *official* ones are the more important ones, and they shouldn't become earned easy.

....she has psychic powers, that alone might make her 'crazy' for some people. >> And then, the doll, the voice, the attitude...maybe not 'mentally affected', but at least some kind of 'crazy'.
    Maybe, but her voice...? Don't see anything strange in it. After all, she definitely know how to act in public, and I also don't believe she would do something funny if League's clerks are around.

XD No, no, you *heard* right. She doesn't say anything there in the German version. I guess they couldn't find a suiting translation for "quit" or "nani"...XD!!!!!
    that's incredible stupid! After all, we see her lips moving, but she doesn't say a word! I hate the producers of the German Volume. -.- ("Vorbei!" would be fitting.)

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • If you say so...
    Yes, I *do* say so. XD!
    Well. I think of the Pokemon World in amore realistic way, first: Lawyers are expensive as hell, and trainer-kids usually wouldn't think of such a way. Second: To take a gym leader to court for loosing against him/her is in my eyes as effective as, say, bringing the SPD to court for loosing in the European Election even after giving your vote for them. ^^
    XD "Get your lazy thing up, Mr. Steinmeier, I wanna sue you!" Just kidding. Well, you're right, I have to admit. I mostly don't see teh Pokemon world as advanced as ours, or, well, at least *different* from ours, in the old "money wins all" way. Reasons why I make the gym leaders (and the elites!) filthy rich in a few, not all, of my stories.

Third, and most important: The level of the gym leader's Pokemon should be addicted to the challenger's. just like the Poke-Marts in Sinnoh: You are able to buy every item everywhere - if you have the right badges for it. So as a child or teenager from Vermilion City you should be able to start your gym leader's challenge with Lt.Surge as well, who would have Pokemon up to Lv.14 then instead of the harder Pokemon he would use against a more experienced trainer. So if a trainer enters a gym, some guy on the entrance should ask him/her how many badges he/she has, and that decided about the level of the gym leader's Pokemon. So you don't have to travel from Pallet Town to Pewter City to Cerulean City to Vermilion City etc. - which would be of course stupid if you are from Saffron, Lavender, Cinnabar or Fuchsia, but are able to take on the gyms as you wish to. After all, I don't see a use in such a prescribed route. A proof to that: the Kanto gym leaders in GSC are all on the same level when you challenge them. You have already 8 badges then, so they all go to their fullest.
    ....somehow, I get a new idea from this...what would happen if a gym leader doesn't figh a kid with the *proper* level? For example, if a new startign trainer with his Lv. 9 Charmander has to fight a Lv. 40 Starmie, or something? Wouldn't the gym leader get in trouble then? =3 Maybe that's what Sabrina did to Ash...Nevermind that she still had an Abra back then...
    What? I would carefully make sure that the official badges *are* harder to get if I'm the Pokemon League's head. After all, the *official* ones are the more important ones, and they shouldn't become earned easy.
    I think it depends on how the League works and what it wants. You have to imagine, somehow, the league has to finance itself. The badges don't come from nothing. So, if everything works *game-wise*, the league gets the money of the trainers when they loose, right? And this would mean that strong gyms= good, because they get a lot of money, right? Well, while I think this is right, it is also possible that this would drive weaker trainers to the unofficial gyms (which, for this example, I define as being easier than the normal gyms) and the trainers would win their badges there, and STILL get to the league tournament. See:
    Trainer goes to first (strong) official gym, loses, trainer loses money, league gets money--> he goes to unofficial gyms, wins, doesn't lose money, league gets no money, but the trainer still competes in tournament, which, I assume, costs money.--> league doesn't get money from the trainer, but still has to pay for his league fights

Of course, this theory is debatable. If the official gyms are harder, some trainers might get the courage to battle then more than once, and so, the league gets a lot of money from them, but there are also the trainers who just want to *get through* a league and compete in a tournament, and these would, of course, choose the weaker gyms right away.
    Maybe, but her voice...? Don't see anything strange in it. After all, she definitely know how to act in public, and I also don't believe she would do something funny if League's clerks are around.
    In the English version it's complete emotionsless and stoic. I love it. =3 Not the German one so much. >>
    Hm, you might be right. But then, Sabrina did seem to be pretty cruel and uncaring... (see the guy she [or rather, the doll] tortured...)
    that's incredible stupid! After all, we see her lips moving, but she doesn't say a word! I hate the producers of the German Volume. -.- ("Vorbei!" would be fitting.)
    XD!!! I was also *very* confused the first time I saw her move her lips without saying anything, but by now, I know the dubbers well enough. (And 'vorbei'? I don't get it, why should it be fitting? Oo)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Oh Jeez, I haven't posted here in ages. And due to my inherent laziness, I may not be reading everything that I missed. xD

CPF said:
    Somehow I'd like to think the league would step in if they heard that opposing trainers were being turned into dolls.
    I suppose they would. But then again, what if Lance likes to play with dolls? X3

CPF said:
    Sorry I don't seem to post much here, it's just that over the past 3 years I've probably said every single thing possible there is to say about Sabrina... I can't think of much else to say.
    XD Ditto. We mostly just talk about fics though anyway, heh. And speaking of which, my inherent laziness is keeping me from quite a few of those. Including my own. >_<

And congrats on your 1000th post! :D

Wyyrlokk said:
    That is exactly how I see it as well. Twas how I always imagined Sabrina's journey to be like, back when I traced her 'would-be' steps in my Silver Version. xD

Psychic*Shipper said:
    ....somehow, I get a new idea from this...what would happen if a gym leader doesn't figh a kid with the *proper* level? For example, if a new startign trainer with his Lv. 9 Charmander has to fight a Lv. 40 Starmie, or something? Wouldn't the gym leader get in trouble then? =3 Maybe that's what Sabrina did to Ash...Nevermind that she still had an Abra back then...
    Hmm, interesting idea. And I could see Sabrina doing that. :P

Psychic*Shipper said:
    In the English version it's complete emotionsless and stoic. I love it. =3 Not the German one so much. >>
    Never seen the German one, but I'll have to agree with you about the English.

And in other news...Chapter Twenty-Two of Multiverse Chronicles is up! And while there isn't any SHIRONA!!! or references to BlackVelvet-Shipping, there is some PsychicShippy stuff jumping around. lol

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • I suppose they would. But then again, what if Lance likes to play with dolls? X3
    ...you just gave me an amazing idea for Spring's Revenge. XD! (It will fit *so* well into it, with Lance's fingernails already being coloured...;-) )
    And congrats on your 1000th post! :D
    *nods* Congrats from me, too! (And Zammy, please stop posting, I wanna beat you again. >>)
    Hmm, interesting idea. And I could see Sabrina doing that. :P
    Not to Will hopefully. >.<...wasn't it her doll that demanded fairness in the anime?
    And in other news...Chapter Twenty-Two of Multiverse Chronicles is up! And while there isn't any SHIRONA!!! or references to BlackVelvet-Shipping, there is some PsychicShippy stuff jumping around. lol
    I noticed. I noticed....=3 And again, it proved my (and your) point: You can write things perfectly as long as you don't support them! XD!!!
    Review will come later, as soon as I finished the first part of CPF's review and I printed out the 8193810 scripts for Monday. >.<

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • ...you just gave me an amazing idea for Spring's Revenge. XD! (It will fit *so* well into it, with Lance's fingernails already being coloured...;-) )
    Hmm, now I'm intrigued. *wonders what you're going to do*

*nods* Congrats from me, too! (And Zammy, please stop posting, I wanna beat you again. >>)
    *shakes head* No, I shall not! :P

Not to Will hopefully. >.<...wasn't it her doll that demanded fairness in the anime?
    Hmm, I actually don't know. ;_;

I noticed. I noticed....=3 And again, it proved my (and your) point: You can write things perfectly as long as you don't support them! XD!!!
    Ummm...no comment. lol

Review will come later, as soon as I finished the first part of CPF's review and I printed out the 8193810 scripts for Monday. >.<
    Okay. Good luck with all the printing! xD

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
  • I want to be able to bend a spoon like her.. I sat in my room for an hour once staring at a spoon, but nothing happened :(

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Heheh, welcome, Noel! Nice to see that we get some new members from time to time. ^^ And heheh, I *was* able to bend a spoon once...during a show with Uri Geller...but I might just have been fooling myself and it was just physical power or something...>>
    Hmm, now I'm intrigued. *wonders what you're going to do*
    Not telling. XD Cuz I didn't write it yet, so it's subject to change. XD! And beta-read faster, please. =3
    *shakes head* No, I shall not! :P
    *gets out the ductype (sp?) she had used for Wyyrlokk* Hm, he's still speechless, so it seems to work...
    Hmm, I actually don't know. ;_;
    Then rewatch the episodes, plzthnx. =3
    Ummm...no comment. lol
    Oh, when you're done with beta-reading, write your psychicshipping fic, now, will you? ^.~

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Heheh, welcome, Noel! Nice to see that we get some new members from time to time. ^^ And heheh, I *was* able to bend a spoon once...during a show with Uri Geller...but I might just have been fooling myself and it was just physical power or something...>>
    Wow, you've both tried bending spoons, and yet I never have. I just kind of assumed it wouldn't work....xD

Not telling. XD Cuz I didn't write it yet, so it's subject to change. XD! And beta-read faster, please. =3
    Yes, ma'am. =P

*gets out the ductype (sp?) she had used for Wyyrlokk* Hm, he's still speechless, so it seems to work...
    I believe you mean duct tape, P*A. But it won't work on me anyway. >=D

Then rewatch the episodes, plzthnx. =3
    Fabulous idea! :D

Oh, when you're done with beta-reading, write your psychicshipping fic, now, will you? ^.~
    I'll more than likely be reading CPF's fic and/or writing mine though. *hides*

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Another potential reader to my story? Wow, this is amazing. You and Wyyrlokk could almost double my current readership (which I'm pretty sure is 3). Then again, you may not be too happy with the way Sabrina is portrayed, as I've emphasized her weaknesses much more than in the past.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Wow, you've both tried bending spoons, and yet I never have. I just kind of assumed it wouldn't work....xD
    ...you're an Alakazam and you assume it would not work? WTF? You freaking carry spoons with you, and these are not for eating ice cream!XD
    Yes, ma'am. =P
    XD Hurry up!
    I believe you mean duct tape, P*A. But it won't work on me anyway. >=D
    ....why, may I ask? >>

@CPF: He may even like it even less, 'cause, you know, it's Psychicshipping. ^.~

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Hm, he's still speechless, so it seems to work...
    If I want to, I would use my telepatic ability to speak to you anyway. *g*

...you're an Alakazam and you assume it would not work? WTF? You freaking carry spoons with you, and these are not for eating ice cream!XD
    Is it for soup then?

@CPF: He may even like it even less, 'cause, you know, it's Psychicshipping. ^.~
    Doesn't Will cheat on her many times in that fiction? That's a thing I like. xD (No, not to be unfaithful in common, but anything that could lead to a breakup between *them* is good (for me).)

@ our discussion:
    Yes, she is cruel, but not stupid. If a higher authority is nearby, I don't believe she would do something like turning somebody into a doll in front of his eyes. She's far too intelligent and rational for that.

Meh, I couldn't see why the League would get more money if the official gyms are weaker. Then the trainers beat them with the first try, and there's no money too. Besides, don't forget the trophy money for the winner and the fee for the leader himself. But I see the League as the highest authority of the region, able to rule the whole country. So I don't think they could run out of money anyway... but of course the easiest way would be to disallow entering the League without the official badges. All problems solved. xD

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • If I want to, I would use my telepatic ability to speak to you anyway. *g*
    You should again, you know...*nods to MSN*
    Is it for soup then?
    No, it's for playing the drums! XD!!!
    Doesn't Will cheat on her many times in that fiction? That's a thing I like. xD (No, not to be unfaithful in common, but anything that could lead to a breakup between *them* is good (for me).)
    ...yes, he does. >> Is no fiction of mine and thus, not idea of mine either. >> (Offtopic: Found the first Will-centered fic on ff.net today. And it's like "Spring's Revenge" and "Mirrors" mixed together, minus the psychicshipping [;_______;] factor)
    Yes, she is cruel, but not stupid. If a higher authority is nearby, I don't believe she would do something like turning somebody into a doll in front of his eyes. She's far too intelligent and rational for that.
    Agreed on this (though I would argue if she really cared about the authorities- could turn them into dolls, too).
    But I see the League as the highest authority of the region, able to rule the whole country. So I don't think they could run out of money anyway...
    Agreed, again. XD *points to fanfics and Lance's attitude*
    but of course the easiest way would be to disallow entering the League without the official badges. All problems solved. xD
    But then, you may have the problem of only a few trainers entering the league (because not all could win the badges) and/or overflowing gyms because everyone wants to battle the gym leader (possible multiple times).

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    You should again, you know...*nods to MSN*
    I'm online on MSN every evening. oO

...yes, he does. >> Is no fiction of mine and thus, not idea of mine either. >> (Offtopic: Found the first Will-centered fic on ff.net today. And it's like "Spring's Revenge" and "Mirrors" mixed together, minus the psychicshipping [;_______;] factor)
    See? PsychicShipping is *not* natural. Even Will himself doesn't really care about it. xD
    By the way, what's "mirrors"?

Agreed on this (though I would argue if she really cared about the authorities- could turn them into dolls, too).
    Come on. She could turn the whole world into a dollhouse, remaining as the last human on earth. @@" If she attacks a member of the League that way, she would be really in trouble, and she knows that for sure.

But then, you may have the problem of only a few trainers entering the league (because not all could win the badges) and/or overflowing gyms because everyone wants to battle the gym leader (possible multiple times).
    1. Battles of high-skilled trainers, even if there are only a few of them, would attract more people as visitors than a huge tournament of bug-catchers.
    2. Overflowing gyms wouldn't be that bad, would they? Look at the PokeSpecs - in the end of the Silver Arc just that situation was created by the League. And they would win much money for sure, because many would fail to win on the first run.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • I'm online on MSN every evening. oO
    ...you appear offline to me. o,o
    See? PsychicShipping is *not* natural. Even Will himself doesn't really care about it. xD
    ...sorry if I don't get it, but in what kind of way is that proof for its non-existing unnaturalness?
    By the way, what's "mirrors"?
    A fic of mine and I'm fairly sure I either told you about it or even send it to you.
    Come on. She could turn the whole world into a dollhouse, remaining as the last human on earth. @@"
    ...you just gave me a fic idea. =3
    If she attacks a member of the League that way, she would be really in trouble, and she knows that for sure.
    That depends on if the league notices it and if Sabrina really cares about it (though the latter is obvious, I suppose she didn't defeat the fighting dojo for their gym title for nothing).
    1. Battles of high-skilled trainers, even if there are only a few of them, would attract more people as visitors than a huge tournament of bug-catchers.
    Come on, no bug-catcher will make it to the later rounds. So at first, it may be less interesting, but no matter what, the later battles and the finals are going to be more interesting depending on how many people enter. Finding the best when you only have ten trainers is not as interesting as finding the best out of 1,000. =3
    2. Overflowing gyms wouldn't be that bad, would they? Look at the PokeSpecs - in the end of the Silver Arc just that situation was created by the League.
    Sorry, didn't know about that, because I don't have the manga. Want to elaborate? =3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back