• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddam possibly captured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • latiosspud said:
    I find it wrong that they forced shaved his beard. Even though he's a bad man he still should have the right to keep his beard.
    I don't think he wanted to keep his beard? o.o; If I remember correctly, he didn't have one before he went into hiding. Just a moustache, which they apparently let him keep according to the news report on the radio.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    This is truly a historical day for all the world.The dictator has been captured.Now ending terrorism isn't so far away

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    YAY! ^_^ I'm so glad that they finally got him! *does a victory dance* And they have confirmed that it was him, BTW.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    YAY! ^_^ I'm so glad that they finally got him! *does a victory dance* And they have confirmed that it was him, BTW.

Victory Dance? This ain't no time for a victory dance, when the soldiers come home alive, that?s when a victory dance should be done.

The Mozz

Chiisakimono
    Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    latiosspud said:
    I find it wrong that they forced shaved his beard. Even though he's a bad man he still should have the right to keep his beard.

They shaved his beard because the world needed to recognize him underneath the facial hair that has grown. It's the same reason why Uday and Qusay were shaved before they were shown to the world.

Interesting how someone can have "mixed feelings" for a mass murderer.

As for mewthree, just letting you know how many people we're saving.. Let's see... in the 9 months after the invasion (I think), at 10k/month.. that's 90,000 Iraqis we've saved from Saddam. Yeah, it's worth it. Also, that whole "Bring democracy and a good economy to Iraq" thing.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • latiosspud said:
    I have mixed feelings for Saddam so I'm not happy or sad.
    Certainly the capture of Saddam Hussein(sp) is certainly a monumental day in the demise of terrorism...but we must consider all of Saddam's followers that are still running around Iraq with bombs strapped to their bodies...Terrorism is when people have the belief that by killing themselves as well as several of opposing soldiers, they will be a hero in heaven. Saddam's followers will not stop fighting until they are all dead, just chasing the dream to die a hero and get a free ticket into Heaven. Theoretically, there is no way to completely stop terrorism unless we nuke all of Iraq, and thus all of the suicide bombers, but that will kill more innocent civilians than we can afford at this point, so you can see how conflicted the U.S. military officers must be at this point. We want to stop the Terrorist regime with as few American/British/whoever else casualities as possible, but that will be incredibly hard with th opponents we are facing now...

...see? I'm capable of making serious poitical posts...

Years
  • The Mozz said:
    They shaved his beard because the world needed to recognize him underneath the facial hair that has grown. It's the same reason why Uday and Qusay were shaved before they were shown to the world.

Interesting how someone can have "mixed feelings" for a mass murderer.

As for mewthree, just letting you know how many people we're saving.. Let's see... in the 9 months after the invasion (I think), at 10k/month.. that's 90,000 Iraqis we've saved from Saddam. Yeah, it's worth it. Also, that whole "Bring democracy and a good economy to Iraq" thing.
    As long as he doesn't kill me I don't care. I have mix feelings for most of what people call "evil" leaders.

The Mozz

Chiisakimono
    Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    latiosspud said:
    As long as he doesn't kill me I don't care. I have mix feelings for most of what people call "evil" leaders.

o_O;;; Interesting viewpoint, at best. Must be a democrat.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Nah, he?s latiosspud. An interesting mix of views and ideas that can make him pretty unique and borderline frustrating. =/

I did see this, only because it's on every TV but mine. I don't watch news or keep up with any of this. He did look awful though.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Possibly? He is caught and is in our custody. Well, actually the US military's custody. They wanted to send him to the expert investigators right away to find out where the WoMD are. He is probably being investigated right now. ^_^

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • Our PM announced that US troops captured him, but only the media seem to speculate whether its him or not. Can't say much until its confirmed though, a bit weird that the PM is so certain.

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • They have taken DNA test to prove that it was him and it came out possitive. I for one am glad they caught him, one less evil to worry about in this post 9/11 world.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Yes, I said "possibly" because of those decoys he had. Terrorism will never end. Some people seem to have forgotten that terrorism can happen anywhere, we even had/have American terrorists...

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • The Mozz said:

Hmmm...All I'm gunna say is a disagree with part of that, and because of my lack of knowledge of the rules of this forum I?m not going to attempt to argue this at this point, I?ve already been in one very rough conversation about Saddam and the War today and I don?t want to inadvertently start another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back