• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Anime You Watched...:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ... If I didn't have the memory of a Magikarp, I'd probably have a whole list of <BLEEP> to put here. Like, 2 or 3. But they're not all sad through every episode, except 1 of 'em.

BTW, does manga without an anime/with a crappy anime count too? Or just anime? Cuz I know a sad manga that's 12 volumes long SO FAR and STILL GOING.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Tales of the Abyss was a really good anime. Ion's death was very sad, but Asch's death really made me cry!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Clannad ~After Story~ the second half. That was so sad and got me crying many times.
    Kanon (2006) - I cried through most of episodes 9 & 10, then scene in hospital between Sayuri and her little brother and of course the Ayu accident.
    Pokemon - Pikachu's Goodbey, when Charizard left, Misty's goodbye (that song moves me to tears almost every time I listen to it), when James left Chimecho, Jessie's past before Dustox leaves.

Zet

Years
  • WHAT THE HECK. NO ONE MENTIONED ANO HANA!?

It's depressing and the ending will make you bawl your eyes out unless you're a robot.

Though, I don't get the concept of 'saddest' anime/episode. Does it make you sad and depressed or sad like make your tearful and cry?

If it's depressing, it's 5 centimeter per second (that anime just depressed me... especially the ending) and Waiting for the day after tomorrow (I forgot the japanese name but it's quite depressing).

Ano Hana has already been mentioned :P

AIR made me cry manly tears, as did a few other shows including Angel Beats.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    This is torn between Clannad (both seasons, but more AS than the first), and Ef - A tale of memories.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I only see two people saying Grave of the Fireflies. The rest of you need to watch Grave of the Fireflies. It is, as my math teacher two years ago put it, the saddest movie ever.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • One Piece. Luffy's past, or at least, most Strawhat pasts made me bawl. And
    Spoiler:
    makes my cry every time I see it. It's so depressing.

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • Wolf's Rain- Amazing, beautiful anime but so depressing the last few episodes were amazing but brutally sad.

Grave Of The Fireflies - Incredibly sad, but oh so good.

Naruto- The recent episodes in particular have been brutal for poor Naruto, oh so sad but so well portrayed, also the bit with Gaara early shippuden and recently in the manga. Poor Gaara :)

Bleach- Wasn't sad but the manga that came out this week was so poignant

Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I only see two people saying Grave of the Fireflies. The rest of you need to watch Grave of the Fireflies. It is, as my math teacher two years ago put it, the saddest movie ever.

Honestly? I cry at just about everything and that movie just didn't do it for me. I sat down to watch it with a box of tissues and didnt use a one of them. It was sad, yes, but iirc the main character could have made so many better choices to fix his problems and he didn't. I mean, I can't blame him a lot for it but... I just didn't find it heart-wrenching.

Not gonna answer the actual thread because honestly, everything makes me cry. 5 cm/s hits pretty close to home though, so it's always the first thing I think of when this question comes up.

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
  • I thought that Toradora! was pretty sad. The two main characters were supposed to get married, but they didn't in the end. D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    I thought that Toradora! was pretty sad.
    Spoiler:
    D:

SPOILER ALERT LIKE HELL.

I found the first 15-20 of Graveyard of the Fireflies to be the saddest in the movie... I cried during it because of the decisions he made. It was heart-wrenching to watch him slowly destroy himself and his sister.... I don't know when I cried more...
    Spoiler:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I thought Toradora ended on a more happy note...

A lot of people mentioned this, but Clannad After Story was just tragic.

And Grave of the Fireflies... I will always finish all of my food because of that movie.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I know it is inappropriate to give my opinion on this one BUT HONESTLY...
    the only anime in the whole world that made me cry hard (literally) and had one of the most dramatic plot for me was the Ecchi/Yuri anime Strawberry Panic. Sounds kinda ridiculous huh? I gotta say it was awesome, I couldn't stand it ending so fast with such open ending....

Sorry if that was too...inappropriate but I couldn't hold my feeling toward this one :P

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Outlaw star (Twice) when Helga and Harry die. As far as deaths go, Helga had a much better death. (Depending on what version of the anime you watch, she either falls into a sun or activates a bomb and blows herself up before she falls into a sun)

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • Movies count right? Because as some people said, Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest thing ever. I cry every time I watch it.

And somehow they wrote Totoro at the same time.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I agree with everyone that say Clannad ~After Story~! It's one of the only animes I've cried at, another being an early episode in Bleach which was about Ichigo's Mother's real death >.>

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Ohh Naruto had some dramatic/emotional scenes in the beginning (Haku's death, Hinata vs Neji backstory, Sakura's flashbacks in the Forest of Death and versus Ino, and more I forgot). I teared up in some of those scenes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back