• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

Years
    Woot. I actually went to gamestop and got raikou. You have to go to gamestop and tell them about the event that you're on and they have to put some kind of card in the ds and operate it. I saw the girl over the counter did it.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Great i gotta tell them about the event and all -_- ima be embarressed if any other customers are there.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Once I find my SoulSilver I'm heading over to Gamestop today or the next few days. Hopefully I'll find it so that I can get it. My friends and I are hopping to go after school today.

Years
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was like "YAY FINALLY! oh wait that means I have to actually go into the store at 21 with a pokemon game..." lol

Years
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was like "YAY FINALLY! oh wait that means I have to actually go into the store at 21 with a pokemon game..." lol

Ah. I went to the game stop today. I got the pokemon after waiting for a while. I was the only one there. I was there at 10:30 a.m. eastern time. Where no one was around? Its only a few people though. The hot chick that works at game stop stinks. She smell like she doesn't brush her teeth or shower. She smell. lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Looks like I'll be getting them off here then no way I am going into the store to ask. I mean there is like 50 people at my highschool that I know still play pokemon but it is still embarrasing.

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Oh gosh you guys. Just pop inside the store, grab the mons and go. The employees dgaf and other customers probably won't care either, since you're just another stranger. :P
    I plan on going this week, but if it's true that employees have to connect something to your DS, it's kind of bleh. It takes longer and I don't know why they couldn't have stuck to WiFi.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    I didn't feel like reading through the whole thread but I noticed that some people were confused about this event.

Raikou: January 3 - 9
    Entei: January 17 - 23
    Suicune: January 31 - February 6
    Celebi: February 27 - March 7 (Rumored)

To obtain your Pokemon, you must go INSIDE the GAMESTOP and an employee will transfer your Legendary to your DPt or HGSS game via "Wireless" an option under "Mystery Gift."
    The Mystery Gift option is initially on the main menu of your HGSS game. If you are using DPt, you must enter a password in game to receive this option. (https://www.serebii.net/platinum/mysterygift.shtml)

This is open to North Americans, meaning Canada gets it too. I suggest someone ask a Gamestop employee about the Celebi, as I already got my Raikou and won't be going back till Entei :D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm taking my sister with me today. XD She looks older than me, so I figure it shouldn't be too bad.

Also, Mystery Gift is already an option, right? I don't have to put in some kind of thing in-game that's like "Link together all" or whatever the advanced gen games did, right? And is this just for HGSS or can Platinum get it too?

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    It's DPt & HGSS

and as for the Mystery Gift, it's on the main menu of the HGSS games. If you're using DPt then you have to enter a password in game to receive this option:
    https://www.serebii.net/platinum/mysterygift.shtml

I'll update my previous post too with this info.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, which part of Canada are you from Haowakeorden?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I went to GameStop today and they didn't have it available for download yet. When it's available they won't have to plug anything into my DS to make it work, I can just stand by the download center and select Mystery Gift. My DS battery only lasts about 10 minutes fully charged now, so I might not be able to download anything on it. During the summer it would last for 20-30 minutes. I have to have it plugged into the wall every time I want to use it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    The GameStop employees actually have to do something with your DS in order to make it work? Not as simple as the Pokémon website said...
    No you go there, go to Mystery Gift and download via Wireless. I think only events like VGC are done via Slot 2. Most events are wireless or wifi. And I don't see what the big deal is with everyone freaking about about being seen in a Gamestop with pokemon, I know for a fact the employees don't care, and who cares what the customers think you will be in there no less then 5 minutes. It should only take a couple seconds tbh.

Years
    Its also at EBGames, at least the one in the Oshawa center in Canada. I went their today but it was down, but the workers told me if I come back later in the week then it should be up.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    Good, I will have to visit my GameStop later this week, I need to re-buy SoulSilver or buy HeartGold since I lost my DSi with my game, good thing I kept my DS Lite.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    I went in today and got it! I'm 22, and I didn't give a crap about what people thought. There are a lot of people our age who play Pokemon. Nobody even noticed us anyway. I got one for Pt., and Soul Silver. I would have gotten one on Diamond too, but I let my little sister start a game on it. -_-

The one on Soul Silver has pretty great IVs, I think. I kept SRing my game until I got ones I was satisfied with them. Yup.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My sister and I got ours today! I also picked up a copy of Tales of the Abyss. For all you older guys that are worried, you don't even have to talk to the people there. You just go in (or you can be outside, but the one I was in was the one in the mall), click mystery gift, and then receive via wireless and there! All done. :) No one even has to know~ XD

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    My sister and I got ours today! I also picked up a copy of Tales of the Abyss. For all you older guys that are worried, you don't even have to talk to the people there. You just go in (or you can be outside, but the one I was in was the one in the mall), click mystery gift, and then receive via wireless and there! All done. :) No one even has to know~ XD

How far do you think the range of the distribution is? Would I still be in range if I parked close to the store and tried to use mystery gift? (I don't want to have to bring in all 3 of my games inside :P)

Oh, and Tales of the Abyss is an awesome game!

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
    I got mine. Decent IVs except for a 1 in HP (But everything else is in the 20s or more, so I'm fairly satisfied, nor do I feel like Soft Resetting anymore)

Probably going to keep it UT though, although I dunno how well Raikou and Weather Ball work on weather teams anyways.

Back