• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Oh the eye well the picture behind the sprites was a different pixel size compared to the sprites so my computer adjust for it. I forgot to fill in the rest of the eye.

mvtm

Years
    I stopped playing pokemon years ago , but anyways just checked my catridge.

Non-Gamesharked:Cleffa,Elekid,Magby,Smoochum,Igglybuff,Gyrados,Surfing Raichu.
    Gamesharked:Articuno,Ditto,Sandshrew,Mew,Celebi.

I also got some pokemons that i value then ,than some shiny that are my Baton Passer Farfetch,Earquaking Gligar,Amnesia Psyduck which are gained through stadium 1 & 2.

I dont play anymore, i got them on my 80 hours crystal version,which was my last version.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    My cousins told me how to get a shiny pokemon, but, they normally don't know what their talking about, but, they told me, that if you keep breeding pokemon, one egg may be a shiny?
    I want to confirm if this is fake or not, with the people that actually know what thier doing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    To clear up some questions for D-Monkey boi, Mainly To get a higher chance in even getting one shiny feebas in route 119, Ur reputation of ur pokemon team, other trainers, and ur pokemon contest appeals gives u higher rating thatz all there is to it...but remember feebas can also be treated like a magikarp so u need to keep switching rods per each time u encounter a pokemon...

P.S.>>>I experimented with Starchild's cuzn's theories and most likely i got 2 shiny evees from breeding it with a shiny evee and shiny ditto my friend gave for experiment... and used a normal evee and a normal ditto...we restarted game 10 times to see if it was true and here is the outcome:::

1st try: Shiny evee + shiny ditto = Normal Evee
    2nd try: Normal evee + normal ditto = Normal "
    3rd try: Shiny evee + shiny ditto = Shiny "
    Went to pokemon contests and won 2 times and reputation went up
    4th try: Normal evee + normal ditto = Normal "
    5th try: Shiny evee + shiny ditto = Shiny "
    6th try: Normal evee + Normal ditto = Shiny "
    All pokemon are trust worthy enough and really trusts you
    7th try: Shiny evee + shiny ditto= Shiny "
    8th try: Normal evee + Normal ditto = Shiny "
    9th try: Shiny evee + shiny ditto = Normal "
    10th try: Normal evee + normal ditto = Normal "

So mainly my rate increases like i said in my signature: RATE = REPUTATION IN POKEMON CONTEST + UR POKEMON'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS U GIVES U A HIGHER RATING

PsychoSpyro

Starter Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    The other day I couldn't get an egg to hatch so I left my game for a bit and when I came back to it my cat was sitting on it. Then when I started playing it I took a couple steps and my egg hatched. It was a shiny Torchic! It was really cute but now it's a Blaziken. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    I guess u hav to thank ur cat then heehee but probably a shiny torchic is kinda rare since itz a starter pokemon, i attempted to get one but the best i could get for starter was a shiny treeko but forgot to save...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    I saw a shiny Ratatta today, but I knocked it out :(! It's funny though, because I've had Ruby since it was released and never found one, but I just got Leaf Green today and spotted the Ratatta 2 hours into the game

Wally4eva

Intermediate Webmaster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2017
    Ive seen 3 shiny ariados and my bor seen 1 or 2 i also caught a shiny gyarados (obvioulsy)

Twiin

Wandering Nomad
    Years
    My only shiny was a Krabby (which I evolved into Kingler) on Silver. Man, I don't know how some of you can be so patient with shiny hunting!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I caught a shiny Sableye while I was on holiday. I caught it in the Cave of Origin, it completly surprised me because I wasn't looking for any pokemon there, I'd just forgotten to use repel.

MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
    Guess what guys? People have discovered how to clone pokemon in Emerald version! But that means the value of shinies are ruined.

Brilliant! I just searched for it and people said it works. I'm going to clone some Master balls, TMs, PP Max, Leftovers...*is too lazy to buy Leftovers at the Battle Frontier* no need to fear of wasting my TMs now.

It tells you how to here: https://pokewiids.wordpress.com/2006/08/03/emerald-cloning-glitch/

Last edited:

Sweet-Sapphire

Me as Sweet as Candy
    Years
    I have a shiny Tentacool lv.35 in Emerald. The shiny balls on the sides of its head are green while normally they're red. My shiny Tentacool is color baby blue rather than dark sky blue, which is the pokemon's normal color.

Really? There is a way to multiply items in Emerald like in the first games? This I gotta see if its true!

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    i caught an adamant whismur some time ago.

but i'm not gonna evolve it because you can't even tell the difference between a normal exploud and a shiny one, which sucks because i could've used it to show off. :P

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I think I might clone some Master Balls, but if I clone any TMs, it'll probably be the ones that are somewhat hard to get. But they have discovered a glitch in the process that can cause u to lose the item and the pokemon you are trying to clone.

Okay, well, in a few minutes, I'll stop my SRing on FR and begin playing thru Emerald. I'm at the route where you can find Ralts, and I won't stop looking for one until I find a Calm one, or a shiny one :) I'll also be SRing for Latios a little bit... i want a shiny one sooo bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back