• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile =] =[

I love ditto it rocks!
Years
  • I've encounted 5 shiny pokemon, on my crystal I encounted a silver tentacool and I caught it.On my Gold and Crystal I encounted red gyrados [who hasn't on gold and crystal?] and caught it.On fr/lg I encounted all those pokemon in the battle tower.
    IT MADE ME JEALOUS.Gamefreak just want to make us jealous.

Hey did ANYONE see anything different about the Umbreon I didn't but it had stars saying that it was a shiny!?
    WEIRD!

Last edited:

shinycollector

I'm back!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    yeah me too i found a shiny rayquaza after restarting many tries!LOL hehe i just found a delibird on fire red and a latios on my ruby on southern island

shinycollector

I'm back!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    yeah me too i found a shiny latios on southern island and a shiny delibird on my fire red

Team on fire red:ho-oh charizard latios (shiny...happy hehehe)LOL

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • I've only seen the Shinies in Battle Tower on LG. x.x

As for Silver, that's where I have all the Shinies:

Gyarados (In day-care in attempt to get a Golden Magikarp) Lv. 100
    Bellsprout (Which I cloned, and only evolved one) Lv. 3
    Weepinbell (Cloned and evolved one) Lv. 25
    Victreebel, Lv. 100
    Umbreon (My second fave next to Houndour) Lv. 30
    Mew (With max stats from using the PC Glitch) Lv. 100
    Arcanine, Lv. 100
    Gligar, Lv. 40
    Ditto (Traded from Red, using Gyarados-Mimic trick), Lv. 100

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • BG pokemon freak said:
    I read your post abut the shiny pokemon you have. Besides the thing that they're are a LOT, I noticed the two Zigzagoons you mentioned! What do you mean you got them from the berry update? Could you explain it to me in further details?

Now I answered this in a PM but then I realized that it's odd how many people don't know about and have never heard of the Berry Update. So I will explane for every one.

As for the pair of Berry Update Zigzagoons, there was a problem with the Ruby and Sapphire games passing of time for the berrys you grow. It was like this if you started a game file and didn't restart a new game and save it over the other game for a about a year the games would stop letting you grow berrys.

Nintindo/Game Freak made a fix for this 'Berry Glitch' that would let your game work the way it shoud have. They sent Game Cube disks to stores like Game Stop and if you wanted to fix the games glitch you had to go there and hook your game to the stores Game Cube and choose 'Berry Update' and it would fix it.

The Shiny Zigzagoon was an added bonus for people who did this. If you had an empty space on your team when you did the 'Berry Update' a Shiny Zigzagoon would appear there holding a Leichi Berry.

They fixed the problem before they put out Emerald and also added the 'Berry Update' to Colosseum but people who use that don't get anything but their games glitch fixed.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • BG pokemon freak said:
    I read your post abut the shiny pokemon you have. Besides the thing that they're are a LOT, I noticed the two Zigzagoons you mentioned! What do you mean you got them from the berry update? Could you explain it to me in further details?

Now I answered this in a PM but then I realized that it's odd how many people don't know about and have never heard of the Berry Update. So I will explane for every one.

As for the pair of Berry Update Zigzagoons, there was a problem with the Ruby and Sapphire games passing of time for the berrys you grow. It was like this if you started a game file and didn't restart a new game and save it over the other game for a about a year the games would stop letting you grow berrys.

Nintindo/Game Freak made a fix for this 'Berry Glitch' that would let your game work the way it shoud have. They sent Game Cube disks to stores like Game Stop and if you wanted to fix the games glitch you had to go there and hook your game to the stores Game Cube and choose 'Berry Update' and it would fix it.

The Shiny Zigzagoon was an added bonus for people who did this. If you had an empty space on your team when you did the 'Berry Update' a Shiny Zigzagoon would appear there holding a Leichi Berry.

They fixed the problem before they put out Emerald and also added the 'Berry Update' to Colosseum but people who use that don't get anything but their games glitch fixed.

MetalMario said:
    Hey, you never mentioned in the SHC that you, too, found a roaring shiny lairon. We should start a militia to hunt 'em down! (or steal Shuko's, XD) I also lost a shiny Teddiursa in Gold, since it ran.

I also like your notation for owned shinies. We should make it standard in the SHC to help out SkinnyGreenMan with the Dex.

I own:
    #1. Linoone
    #2. Hoppip / Skiploom / Jumpluff
    #3. Whismur / Loudred / Exploud
    #4. Porygon / Porygon2
    #5. Hoppip
    #6. Dratini / Dragonair / Dragonite
    #7. Lotad / Lombre / Ludicolo

That's it. I'm not an eliteist aristocrat like LDD, who has access to nintendo's free shiny machines.

Edit: Hey, hey! My shiny dex, if you can think of it in those terms, is 15, while LDD's is only 13. Take that!

Yes, I do believe I have said that in a post or two at SHC. It's just that because I missed catching them that I don't want to keep repeating it over and over. As for my 13 to your 15... I could always ask Ranma (the boy who wants the Gastly) if I could evolve it. Then I'd have 15, too! LOL

Keep up the Shiny hunt, everyone! Good luck!

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
  • Aside from the Red Gyarados in Gold, no shiny. I only own Colosseum, and I had no shinies. I hope I get one in XD. By the way, do shinies keep being shiny after they evolve?

MOON~DANCER

All I've got is insane.
    Years
  • my shinies are in emerald and they are groudon kyogre hooh lugia and soon hopefully latias cause thats who i chose....and like 20-40 other shinies INCLUDING ABSOL!!!!

Years
  • Hooray! I have found a new shiny: It's a Spinarak! All I need to do now is figure out a usable moveset for this guy.

#8. Spinarak / (Ariados)

Parenthetical notation for a shiny you're going to evolve but haven't done so yet. This puts my shiny dex to 17, so nya!

Sky_Ace

A life dedicated to animals.
    Years
  • My hole team is shiny now.My Rayquaza, Tyranitar, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, and Kingdra :)!(I may have used codes but they look so cool ;)!!!!!)

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    All I'ave had was a shiny Gyarados, spearow, Swinub, and Tentacool.

azn_trainer

"sigh"
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2006
    I've only got a shiney tentacruel, but i know a guy who's got alot of shineys and even doubles.

castform-10k

The Pokemon Professor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2006
    I plan to raise the ultimate team of pokemon IN SHINY FORM
    i want a shiny:
    typhlosion
    feraligater
    meganium
    tyranitar
    castform
    spinda i have one of these:)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    (Hooray to me - my first post as a 15-year-old)

Anyway...

I caught the only two shinies I ever saw on my games. I caught a Green-gelled Tentacool (with green gel instead of red) on Ruby. I was just fishing after getting my old rod and just ran into it. I haven't evolved it yet.

And then, the first day (FIRST DAY) I got Emerald I caught a shiny, bright-orange Zigzagoon! My little cousin called Zigzagoon "ragoon" 'cause he couldn't read too good, so I named it Ragoon for him. When it evolved, I renamed it S. Ragoon, or Super Ragoon. Corny, I know, but if shinies are so rare, might as well enjoy 'em.

Last but not least, my sister caught a Gold Magikarp the same place and same week I caught my Tentacool. I think I let her use my Fire-Red's Articuno to beat the elite four (she was already farther than me on her Sapphire) and she traded me the Gold Magikarp, now a Red Gyarados! I think we used a Wurmple to exchange the two between my Fire-Red, her Sapphire, and my Emerald. She released it immediately after I got my precious Articuno back.

On another note, my sister caught a Spinda that was not shiny, but had marks on either side of it's face. She named it Sloppyface, and it's like the Grandfather (or grandmother, I can't remember) of all our Spinda and our experiments with their spots.

So I got three shinies (two are my own) and I'm happy. I'm gonna experiment with shiny breeding to see what happens. I don't care what other people say, I'll find out about it myself. So don't tell me anything- I already learned enough. I just wanna make sure, if it works or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back