• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
  • Caught a shiny Porygon about 45 minutes ago. Great IVs. Okay nature. I nicknamed it Cubix. I'm gonna EV train it, and then train it until lvl 60 instead of 50. Too bad I can't evolve it yet, I haven't beaten the e4 :( My next target is Latias on Ruby.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    I have three shiny Pokemon. I got a shiny Illumnise on Rt.117 in my Sapphire, a Makuhita at the cave in Dewford, and a Wurmple at Petalburg forest in Emerald. The Wurmple turned out to be a Dustox.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    On Emerald I caught a shiny Spoink now a Grumpig and a shiny Skitty,Sapphire a shiny Zigzagoon now a Linoone,FR a shiny Seel,LG a shiny Pidgey. But,of coarse Grumpig,Linoone and Seel are on FR and LG has Pidgey and Skitty on it right now.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    If we are only allowed to talk about R/S/E shinies then I can't bring up Seel or Pidgey

Anyway,the way I found my shinys were like this...
    Grumpig(Deepti);I was looking for a Spoink,but I couldn't find one. So,I was just about to give up...then a few minutes later I found her.

Linoone(Angel);I was training my Cyndaquil,and then I found a shiny female Zigzagoon.

Skitty(DanialBoon);I was looking for a Skitty and I was about to quit in 5 minutes...then by some kind of miracle, he appeared.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • :D i have a shiny Machamp, oh and recently found a shiny poochy when training my trapinch.. it was night time adna lmost killed it.. then realized something felt odd... adn i dont do anything until i find out what it is... then i looked carefully.. adn noticed it was orange... for the next cuple of days (After i caught him) i was like: "Is it really a shiny??" but it is XD

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • I think I just got the biggest stroke of luck ever. I saw a shiny Psyduck in Safari zone-and I actually caught it! This happened in my Sapphire after I had just reached the 500 play hours mark. It was my 2nd shiny in Sapphire, after Tentacool. (Two shinies and 500 hours? WTF?)

Too bad that all shinies seem to have bad natures, Tentacool, now a Tentacruel, is Jolly, and Psyduck is Relaxed.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • You guys do know we are only to discuss shinies from FR/LG, right?

Anyways, I will hopefully get a shiny Latias from Ruby soon. When I do, I'll soft reset for a shiny Moltres. After Moltres, my next target will either be Mewtwo on FR, Latios on Sapphire AND Emerald, or Beldum on Ruby. I'm leaning towards Latios...heck, I may even try for it as soon as I get a shiny Latias!

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Best thing you can do for a beginning is to stop being stupid and posting everywhere senselessly.

Secondly, it's all up to chance - 1 in 8000 or so, so really we can't help you, therefore rendering your entire postfest useless. Hope that explains it all.

animangel535

I love Eevee and Latias!
    Years
  • Unlucky

I'm unlucky.
    The only shiny I ever caught was a zubat but I started a new game so noone believed me......
    Grrrr..
    I've been trying really hard to get one but they won't come.:'(

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    has anyone got a shiny starter???

i caught a shiny mudkip on Ruby, and it is now a Swampert. it took me only 12 SRs to get it, and im very proud of it. but now im SRing for shiny Squirtle on firered.....i've been doing it for a week now, but still havent found it. im not giving up tho, because i want it realllllllly bad :bandit:

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    I found a shiny Graveler in the Magma Hideout in Emerald. It's such a shame they're not any different than the normal ones. How cool would is be to beat some kid speechless with a team of all shinies while linking? :]

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2007
    i got a shiny poochyena.it was gold,now it's a mightyena.
    that's the only shiny i ever got in the pokemon games.
    is the only way to get a shiny starter or legendary is to keep resetting?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    I got lucky on my sapphire, 'cos I found a golden sableye at level 55 in sky tower . (Off topic) Im also lucky cos I found feebas in half an hour, seriously lmao! My friend found a shiny seel on his ruby aswell

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back