• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Harley/Solidad is Festivalshipping.

I can really only ship Brock with his Croagunk right now. Iono why, maybe cause Croagunk is awesome?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2009
    I like the the shipping of Hikari x Shinji because it's the least likely to happen because they are both opposites besides the fanarts are wicked cute and the shipping of Haruka and Shuu because I think it's obvious that Shuu likes Haruka because of the red roses he gives her

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It doesn't matter how old he is. It's just that... you people have become so sickly obsessed you're now talking about the series romance? Not only are you incredibly lame, but you've also dropped the bar to an all new low. Oh well. I'll just wait for my de-rep now.

XD this is obsessed talking? This is nothing like real shipping debates. From what I've seen, Pokemon has never really had any real shipping debates. This just seems like your normal PokeCommunity discussion. In other fandoms, there were shipping wars...absolutly hilarious. One comment could cause an explosion...hilarious.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I like the the shipping of Hikari x Shinji because it's the least likely to happen because they are both opposites besides the fanarts are wicked cute and the shipping of Haruka and Shuu because I think it's obvious that Shuu likes Haruka because of the red roses he gives her

But does Haruka like him back? Ohhh, million dollar question :\.

I feel some people need to think shippings throughly before supporting it. One-sided shippings are usually the least likely, to Pokeshippers disappointment, mostly.

I used to hate Contestshipping, but I'm like "Whatever, idc"....

I seem to find the lack of Pearlshipping disturbing, may the fail be with us.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Gary.

>_>

Nah, I kid. maybe.

But if i had to pick one of the main girls to be with him, I would go with Misty.
    She's the only one that really seems to work with him, in that way.

Not to mention the fact that I prefer May with Drew, and Hikari with Shinji. nn;

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Nobody.

Even if he did fall in love with someone at this point, they would probably reject him right off the bat or, in Misty's possible case, say yes and regret it.

Plus, his Childish Innocence Skillz froze his age in place. He is still around ten or eleven, you see... Although, granted, some idiot kids do wish they were special and grown-up and pretend.

And, he's just not worthy for any of the people on that list. Even May.

Years
    That's just too much. You'd be just as "sickly obsessed" being here discussing against the thread. I'd say you hit yourself back with that one.
    Or maybe I felt like voicing myself and annoying the likes of you. Is that better?

To see romance or anything similar or connected with it in the anime, check out Brock and how he reacts to women
    Brocks reaction to women is a humouros running gag and he never has any serious relationships:/
    , and check out how all the male characters blush when they see that girl in the School of Hard Knocks episode.
    But they never actually go and start dating, do they? That was just emphasis on the girls beauty.
    If you watch the undubbed version, you'll see some romantic references between Ash and Misty as well.
    Only nerds watch undubbed versions. I do not fall into that category.
    It exists and thus can be discussed without making the discussers lame.
    No it does not. Brocks constant and spontaneus infatuation is nothing that exists as a real relationship. I'd say you're lame enough to even answer to the thread since you're contributing to it. That's also a point that hit yourself back when you fired it against the posters of this thread. lol

It's not that strange to discuss something that actually is there from time to time. And you actually don't need to be overly obsessed to be a part of this discussion. That is, if you don't consider yourself to be overly obsessed, but that would be telling everyone that you were wrong telling them that they are, since you too, as everyone here, is discussing this subject.
    I'm not discussing anything. I'm just nagging at you people to wake up to yourselves and what you're actually posting.
    All comments entered in bold.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It would be cool if Nando replaced Brock huh?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No, but I am waiting for it on the Tube. Why?

Edit: Never mind, I found it, but it has no audio for some reason.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Ehmm...I think PokemonxHuman shippings are kinda scary...just like grass shipping...it's creepy (I don't mind it though, I just couldn't support it)
    I think the shippings with the biggest possibility to be true are Rocketshipping and Eldershippng (I like rocketshipping XD)
    Just because they're older than ten and they're often (and in Team Rockets case always) together...
    Although I like Diamondshipping better because it would be more interesting, it would be a nice twist.
    Since I heard of it, I think Krazyshipping is kinda interesting. It's not very likely but I would be definitely funny XD.

I feel some people need to think shippings throughly before supporting it. One-sided shippings are usually the least likely, to Pokeshippers disappointment, mostly.
    Since I don't think there will ever be a pairing in the show, it's okay to support even the least likely shippings. Normally I'd say one should only see the facts, which means the things that are shown in the series...but Pokemon is an exception in my opinion because it's not very serious or locical...fun is most important (it's funny to collect all the hints isn't it).
    I had the impression, when I first looked for it, there are serious thoughts for every pairing when you search for it.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    --AdvancedK9-- said:
    No, but I am waiting for it on the Tube. Why?

Edit: Never mind, I found it, but it has no audio for some reason.

You were asking about Pearlshipping, so...

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei

Darkness...
    Years
    I think Ash should stay with Dawn. I mean, seriously, they are both basically the cutest couple I have even seen in my life... They'll be happy together... Dawn can cook, clean, and do other house-wive work, while Ash just works on the bills, child support (one son and one daughter), and Poke School Fees. Then, Ash will purchase some apple cider for a celebrating of being one big happy family after the kids graduate Poke School. I think I proven my case.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Soooo, if we're all just saying what ships we like...

I'm still a fan of Rocketshipping most. Ash's girls come and go (though Misty is my favorite), but Team Rocket never does, much to the chagrin of some but to the pleasure of me! They're cute when they're working together. They have to have some personality shifts before anything can really happen, but personality shifts aren't new to them, so it's likely.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ok, I saw the movie yesterday.

Spoiler:

It was very Pearlshippy, I find the lack of pearls an Epic Failure...

foxkrystal

The Music is Movin' :D
    Years
    Ok, I saw the movie yesterday.

Spoiler:

It was very Pearlshippy, I find the lack of pearls an Epic Failure...
    Well, I don't know what Satoshi said to make Hikari kick him on the cruise. Everyone's still wondering about that and probably we'll find out when it comes out to USA in February. lol the DVD of movie 11 USA comes out on my B-Day XD.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've seen comments that said Satoshi said "Well at least he won't bother me anymore", but most aren't really solid.

But if I had to bet my wallet on something, that scene would be WAY different in the dub.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Misty, because akin to Ash's rivalry with Gary, whether Ash or Misty openly admit to it or not they have subtle admiration for one another and they both are ardent, passionate, and compassionate enough that their nature compliments one to the other's rather aptly. But like with all rivals, hostility what's supposed to come basely of such a relationship. I don't think May or Dawn would quite befit Ash, because they just seem to be pulling in very differing directions (though I think May is too much of a byproduct of Max, but that's another matter of discussion to discuss upon). That, and that with no offense, most and the public at large seem to compare something in such matters if they're abounded in equal stature, without any pertinence otherwise.

And on the point of Ash's interest not being garnered by romantic matters - I don't contest that the fleeting interest of Giselle in Episode 9 was just that by the caprice and gander of the photo. And while it might have been for comedic flair, just because Ash hasn't shown hide nor hair of such interest since then doesn't mean that he isn't interested in a romantic relationship. I think that's a stymying loophole of sorts. He's simply focused wholly on his Pokémon and his Pokémon journey of now and has been for quite some time. Nothing's that adverse to the notion of him finding someone relatively soon and settling down in my eyes, the writers simply haven't pulled for that direction, probably because it would change the tone and direction of the show too drastically.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back