• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    1-Dawn is too "Girly" for Ash, Because:

Dawn is the girly "How does my hair look" type. She cares about her looks almost more than she cares for her Pokemon. She's not really the battling type and (I Think) She's a little too girly to be a coordinator.
    In this point I must agree with you. Dawn had to learn much more about everything before she can handel a guy like Ash.
    2-Misty is too "Mean"[and Freaked out by bugs] for Ash, Because:

Misty is freaked out at the sight of bugs... Seriously, WIMP! She also get Pissed at Ash... ALOT! She fights with him constantly, including the whole bike thing, And she smacked Ash in the face in the 1st episode.
    That makes Misty human. Everyone has something he/she is freaked out about. I for example HATE spiders.
    Sure she get pissed at Ash. He does lots of stupid things...^^
    Sometimes I think Misty must hate herself for having a crush on Ash. But when your heart make a choice you can't do anything against it. And Ash has grown a lot since the first episode. Not only he, also Misty has chanced. When you watch Pokemon Chronicles with her you can see that she did a good job with her gym. She can even handel a gyarados now. So for me there is enougth hope to see Ash and Misty together one day.^^
    3-May is kind of like Ash, Because:

May has a upbeat "I can do this" Attitude(Like Ash), Cares about her Pokemon alot, and She's more of a battler than a coordinator. She doesn't fight with Ash often, and gets along with him pretty well. She listens to Ash's advice and learns from it.
    Yes and she love to eat just like Ash. :D
    Last, She battles and trains with a battling style based off of Ash's.
    And that is exactly the reason why she leaves him. May would never leave Ash if she would really love him. But she wants to find her own style. That's why she makes her choice and follow Drew.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    & In my opinion, Ash is waaay to into his Pokemon and battling to care about being with any of the girls he's traveled with. I'm not just saying this because I'm a Contestshipper, and I'm not too fond of him being paired with May, either. I'm saying this in regard to all of the Ash x Main Female-based shippings.

I don't 'hate' any of them, and I'll admit I think they can all be cute in their own way, but I just can't see any of them happening.

It's also never been proven that any of the girls have had feelings for him either.
    & Misty's hinted feelings were all dub edits.. >__>;

However.. I will also say this, I don't really think May has any feelings for Drew either. She blushed once, yes.. still, that doesn't really have to mean anything.

Reason being: It's Pokemon. It's meant to focus arooound the Pokemon, and not zoom-in 10-year-olds possibly having crushes on eachother. Thus why none of the main character shippings really seem too in-character at all.

Now that that's off my chest.. I'll leave you all totally bash everything I just said. xp

<3

Just felt like gettin' that out there.

-Goes back to being her normal Contestshippy self again..-

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Misty's a wimp and May isn't? What? We're talking about the same May, right? The one that always ends sentances with 'kamo', equivalent to saying 'well at least I think so I'm not really sure'. All the time. It's like she doesn't feel strongly about anything. Every time she needs help, instead of solving it herself, she goes straight to Ash. That may or may not be a hint, but it sure as hell means she's a wimp. She thought Cacturne was scary. Cacturne. And Misty trains a Gyarados? Her bug fear was put in for comedic effect. Everyone has something they're afraid of. I hate deep water and close, hot (really hot) spaces, even though I can swim just fine and knew I was just hallucinating on that ride in Disneyland with the tunnels and flashing red lights, it wasn't really hot there. Bugs and fangs are instincual fears for humans.

And if I spent all that time with Ash, I'd start to hate him too. He's really annoying in large doses. May just doesn't have anything resembling a backbone. She's honestly almost nothing like Ash, save for their love of Pokemon. Dawn is more similar, despite her girly ways. She's outgoing and has that can-do attitude that May often lacks.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    & In my opinion, Ash is waaay to into his Pokemon and battling to care about being with any of the girls he's traveled with. I'm not just saying this because I'm a Contestshipper, and I'm not too fond of him being paired with May, either. I'm saying this in regard to all of the Ash x Main Female-based shippings.

I don't 'hate' any of them, and I'll admit I think they can all be cute in their own way, but I just can't see any of them happening.

It's also never been proven that any of the girls have had feelings for him either.
    & Misty's hinted feelings were all dub edits.. >__>;

However.. I will also say this, I don't really think May has any feelings for Drew either. She blushed once, yes.. still, that doesn't really have to mean anything.

Reason being: It's Pokemon. It's meant to focus arooound the Pokemon, and not zoom-in 10-year-olds possibly having crushes on eachother. Thus why none of the main character shippings really seem too in-character at all.

Now that that's off my chest.. I'll leave you all totally bash everything I just said. xp

<3

Just felt like gettin' that out there.

-Goes back to being her normal Contestshippy self again..-

That is ENTIRELY true. Like i've said before, Ash is too in love with little bits of engraved metal (his badges) to give a hoot about anyone else. He hasn't really showed feelings for any of his female companions. ANY.

And yes, you're right, a lot of Misty hints are the result of 4kids' evil ways. But I'll smite them later, this isn't the place.

As for May liking Drew, I actually have to disagree on some points. Considering as she went off to follow him instead of Ash, one must give Contest some credit. among a few other things. Still mostly on your side in this. Contest > Advance, at least in my opinion.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    May had no choice though!
    She had to go to Jotho to win contest before she went to the Sinnoh contests.
    She went with Drew because she wanted go to Jotho with a Friend, Plus... Drew isn't with her in Sinnoh! I have DP076 Raw so I know.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I agree with both of you on some points.

May did leave Ash to go Johto with Drew.

But she didn't go to Johto FOR Drew.. It just worked out that they were traveling there at the same time. There's no proof that they traveled together, at least not the entire time. If they did travel together at times, it makes sense. They're friends.

Then again, the Contestshipper in me would really like to believe that they did travel together the entire time.. xD because they have feelings for eachother. However, sticking to the whole 'In-Character' thing, that probably wasn't the case. >_>;

Commander_Latios

Years
    I agree with both of you on some points.

May did leave Ash to go Johto with Drew.

But she didn't go to Johto FOR Drew.. It just worked out that they were traveling there at the same time. There's no proof that they traveled together, at least not the entire time. If they did travel together at times, it makes sense. They're friends.

Then again, the Contestshipper in me would really like to believe that they did travel together the entire time.. xD because they have feelings for eachother. However, sticking to the whole 'In-Character' thing, that probably wasn't the case. >_>;

That could be true. on the other hand, she did get the bright idea to go once he said he was going. Again, this makes me feel like she gives more of a hoot about him than she does Ash. But that's probably just me.

Also, I've been asked (not here, but elsewhere) if I like any ships with Dawn. My answer: See my sig. That's all the answer you need.

If you don't get it, I despise Dawn, and would like to avoid any ships with her if I can.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm back, I may regret this but... give cpudude a break, were YOU any different his age?

I'm just here to notify there may be a small conflict in vineshipping.

Spoiler:

shedinjask

Years
    So he has a right to be an idiot because it's expected of him?

Haha I heard about that my first thought was 'poor Bulbasaur'.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I'm back, I may regret this but... give cpudude a break, were YOU any different his age?

I'm just here to notify there may be a small conflict in vineshipping.

Spoiler:
    Yes actually, I was different. But you know, I guess you just assume someone younger than you to be dumb.

This may be bad... but I'm sure Ash's Bulbasaur will move on and date others. =3

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Ohh~ I was just watching a clip on YouTube from the second movie where Lugia fires off an Aeroblast attack (love that scene x3) and remembered Melody! I always did like her but I forgot what her shipment with Ash was called, if there ever was one. *?

Commander_Latios

Years
    Ohh~ I was just watching a clip on YouTube from the second movie where Lugia fires off an Aeroblast attack (love that scene x3) and remembered Melody! I always did like her but I forgot what her shipment with Ash was called, if there ever was one. *?

you would be looking at kissshipping, another one of my not-so-strong suits... OK, one of my "gack! keep it away!" suits, really, but I shant go into that.

Aeroblast scene FTW (and I don't give a hoot if someone else thinks it's hyper beam, it's epic either way. but it's not shipping, so I have no more comment on that.)

on another note.... nope, got nothing i can talk about without violating some rule. suffice to say, some fans, even of altoshipping, make me sick. (PLEASE don't ask.)

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    Kissshipping makes me sick. Bläh... I never liked Melody. But I like lugia. He was one of the first pokemon that really impressed me with his strength. And the cry lugia has in this movie is sooooo cool. I love the sound.

Commander_Latios

Years
    Kissshipping makes me sick. Bläh... I never liked Melody. But I like lugia. He was one of the first pokemon that really impressed me with his strength. And the cry lugia has in this movie is sooooo cool. I love the sound.

same here. I can't stand kissshipping. Heck, I can't stand melody in general. I hated her in the movie.

yes, I adore lugia as well. as if you didn't already know that.

but, again, some fans of just about any shipping really make me sick. bunch of perverted "artists" they are... nasty. Do I really need to see Ash and misty doing... things together? no! they're not even old enough!

but let's get off that topic, before i get sick, or banend.

let's see.... hoennshipping, anyone?

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    yes, I adore lugia as well. as if you didn't already know that.
    Yes, I remember you are a 'lugia-boy' isen't it.^^
    Do I really need to see Ash and misty doing... things together? no! they're not even old enough!
    Thanx for this dirty mental-image. I'm going to be happy with it tonight. :D
    let's see.... hoennshipping, anyone?
    Let's see... this is Ruby and Sapphire from Pokespe, right? Ähmm, can't say much about it. I'm reading Vol. 9 at the moment. ( G/S-arc )
    And I am in a little fight with myself. Mangapokeshipping vs. Specialshipping. This is hard... :(

Commander_Latios

Years
    Let's see... this is Ruby and Sapphire from Pokespe, right? Ähmm, can't say much about it. I'm reading Vol. 9 at the moment. ( G/S-arc )
    And I am in a little fight with myself. Mangapokeshipping vs. Specialshipping. This is hard... :(

well, actually it's MayxBrendan (most likely from the games,s eeing as they've never really intro'd brendan in the show). But Franticshipping (Which is the manga equivalent) is just as good. Canon, too, if you can believe it.

shedinjask

Years
    Eh, Hoennshipping is okay. Frantic too.

Though tbh almost every main character canon couple in the manga is boring for me. I prefer side characters, ships that aren't so obvious but just subtexty enough to send me looking for fanstuffs ^___________^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back