• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Tis a bit harsh Umbreon, although not exactly unwarranted. xP

And I was still 17 when I supported AdvanceShipping, so not all AdvanceShippers here are young...well they might be now since I don't support it anymore. >>;

Admittedly, a lot of ships have little to no basis or hints that could support themselves, which is what I normally can't stand about certain ships as well. The only decent ships I can think of that are somewhat indisputable are Poke, Kiss and Alto.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    If something has good chemistry, canon or not, I'm fine with it. It's why I have so much of a problem with Ash/May. It just doesn't work.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    If something has good chemistry, canon or not, I'm fine with it. It's why I have so much of a problem with Ash/May. It just doesn't work.

I hope you know that something that "doesn't work" can work, just like anything is possible. (But sometimes not likely)

Anything can work, even if it isn't likely. (Like Ash+Gary) and personally... out of all the chars Ash and May have the BEST chemistry, their like each other in many ways, they have similar training styles, smiler battle styles, and have some of the same pokemon, and they barely argue (compared to Misty)

(Oh and, my earlier post, was not posted by me, I left my laptop at my friends house and, he likes to make me look crazy in front of people, everyone knows that a shipping is never a way of life.)

@
    ValentineUmbreon - I know someone who is 29 and is a AdvanceShipper...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Here's something with fantastic chemistry: Max x Ghost of Maiden's Peak.

How's that for crack, never met, and biggest age gap ever?

How could someone truly 'hate' a ship? I prefer 'extreme dislike'. I like many ships, and I extremely dislike very few. The only ones I find myself disliking are: Poke, Advance, and Pearl. See? Few. Just three. -shot-

Admittedly, a lot of ships have little to no basis or hints that could support themselves, which is what I normally can't stand about certain ships as well. The only decent ships I can think of that are somewhat indisputable are Poke, Kiss and Alto.

Alto. Yes. That's the only Ash ship that makes sense...aside from Pallet, which I try not to get into. Personal disputes on that one. -shot yet again-

That and I'm too in love with CavalierShipping.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    How could someone truly 'hate' a ship? I perfer 'extreme dislike'. I like many ships, and I extremely dislike very few. The only ones I find myself disliking are: Poke, Advance, and Pearl. See? Few. Just three. -shot-

you are a rare one xD

I find myself loving Pokeshipping & Altoshipping (though I find Alto almost dead ;-; but there is hope! Just like any ship really.)

Sometimes--meaning rarely, I'll have a love for Pearl and Palletshipping.But that's only in the spark of the moment. I find myself getting angry at dawn alot...makes me less of a pearlshipper I could be.

KissShipping is okay...though Melody's personality was kinda mean. But if you mention KissShipping, it always runs into hints of Pokeshipping...ex; Misty's very noticable jealously.

And to all the advanceshippers...what evidence is there? I find it hard to see evidence when drew is out tossing roses, maybe even being charming and having an actual capability of romance unlike the main hero ash who stands there, staring blankly waiting for some badges and pokemon...

he's native.

._.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    KissShipping is okay...though Melody's personality was kinda mean. But if you mention KissShipping, it always runs into hints of Pokeshipping...ex; Misty's very noticable jealously.

I'm fine with that, since PokeShipping is at least semi-canon. And my main reasons for supporting KissShipping is because Melody's personality. I adore her and how she riles Misty up. xP

And to all the advanceshippers...what evidence is there? I find it hard to see evidence when drew is out tossing roses, maybe even being charming and having an actual capability of romance unlike the main hero ash who stands there, staring blankly waiting for some badges and pokemon...

he's native.

._.

The only reason I supported AdvanceShipping was because I don't really like Drew, and since Advance is somewhat parallel to Contest, I backed it. xD;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Amen! -huggles ContestShipping-

you are a rare one xD

How?

The only reason I supported AdvanceShipping was because I don't really like Drew, and since Advance is somewhat parallel to Contest, I backed it. xD;

That's what my boyfriend says. Oddly enough, his name is Drew, so he considers anime Drew to be an emabarassment to the name...with his green hair and whatnot.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years

he's native.

._.

Ok, There IS evidence... as with every ship... but I'm going to point out a biggish one...

bulbapedia said:
    Considered to be the first episode where AdvanceShipping was made completely blatant to the audience, Ash and May are confronted by Oscar and Andi, a young couple who are obsessed with the idea of love and romance. When Oscar and Andi call Ash and May a "happy couple," the two of them quickly deny it and turn their backs to one another, crossing their arms. Ash says sarcastically, "That's a laugh!" and May adds, "Hardy har har!" Oscar and Andi do not stop there, and continue to call them a couple. Ash and May scream, "We're not a couple!" in unison, with the same body language, followed by, "And we're not happy either!" in the same tone. As the episode pours on, Ash and May continue to argue and bicker back and forth, presumably to get their minds off the idea of being called a couple by Oscar and Andi. After a team up battle against Jessie and James at the end, Ash and May sincerely forgive each other for their argument, and deeply apologize as they stare at each other while the sunset closes behind them.
    As soon as I get a chance I'll screencap this... and I know what you pokéshippers are thinking "What does this prove?" It proves that Ash and May are the same in many ways... and actually would get along better. Also, pokeshippers, if you think Ash only cares about his Badges/Pokemon then why do you think he should be with Misty?

As for you contestshippers, just think, Sunset vs. Rose (That was meant for May's pokemon) I think Drew should be paired with May's pokemon.

I like this hint because it comes from bolth Ash and May, while usually the hints are from May.

And a newer hint:
    bulbapedia said:
    Before May leaves to return to Johto, she and the rest of the group share goodbyes. She and Ash speak last, each telling the other to do their best in their respective paths. It is only when May is speaking with Ash (despite the fact she was exchanging farewells with everyone) that she holds her heart.
    It's a good hint from May, and I have a feeling that we havn't seen the last of her yet...

and, for you contestshippers, the whole time May was in sinnoh, she only Mentoned Drew onece, and we only saw him onece, watching TV!

~cpuDuDe08~

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    May I ask this question, that is Altoshipping rising in popularity and belief because Ash is actually reacting to Latias? You know, I personally think this is a Pokemon ship, and not a female one, which is why Ash was oddly attracted to "her". Her awkward behavior made Ash give chase. This is all I see. What other "hints" am I missing?

For Ash and May, just that one episode, well, I can't really see where that leads to any ship, or the Sinnoh episode either. The "holding hand to her heart" may have been because they've been traveling buddies for so long, and know each other very well. And for that AG episode, it really started with those two lovebirds obsessed with love, so of all places they see May and Ash together yelling, and assume that they're a couple. It was a spur of the moment. Had there been no "couple" facing them to battle, I wonder, what would happen to those two, during all those fights? And we don't see these fights anymore. Brock never split up the two during quabbles quite as often as he did between Misty and Ash, where he was the mediator.

We haven't seen anything between Dawn and Ash yet, just admiration between the two. We see little snappish behavior between Dawn and Kenny, childhood friends that may have a deeper meaning. But we haven't seen quite an episode like the AG one yet.

FYI, I used to be a Pokeshipper long ago, but once AG started I knew it would deteriorate. Now we got Alto and Advance and Pearl into the mix...man, why do I always think that Poke and/or Advance is related to HP shippings...it's so familiar...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    May I ask this question, that is Altoshipping rising in popularity and belief because Ash is actually reacting to Latias? You know, I personally think this is a Pokemon ship, and not a female one, which is why Ash was oddly attracted to "her". Her awkward behavior made Ash give chase. This is all I see. What other "hints" am I missing?

Latias is a girl. Is you've ever played Sapphire or picked 'red' after deafeting the Elite Four on Emerald, you should know that Latias in exclusively female. Nothing more. Female.

As for hints, I suggest checking bulbapedia. Just type in AltoShipping. There's loads of hints.

And AltoShipping is also referred to AshxBianca.

FYI, I used to be a Pokeshipper long ago, but once AG started I knew it would deteriorate. Now we got Alto and Advance and Pearl into the mix...man, why do I always think that Poke and/or Advance is related to HP shippings...it's so familiar...

Bear in mind that Ash has been paired with every Pokemon character that's appeared.

My friend even found a picture of Ash and Morrison...-cough- and it wasn't pretty, if you catch my drift.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    SilverSmeargleSplatter said:
    Latias is a girl. Is you've ever played Sapphire or picked 'red' after deafeting the Elite Four on Emerald, you should know that Latias in exclusively female. Nothing more. Female.

I know that, but what does that mean? She can be any girl, and Ash would still give chase to her, right, because she's a female Pokemon!

So am I confusing two ships? That girl Bianca is not Latias. Latias took her form, and confused the heck out of Ash, usually.

Bear in mind that Ash has been paired with every Pokemon character that's appeared

But the one with Latias is more interesting and is held in high regard than the others, right?

My friend even found a picture of Ash and Morrison...-cough- and it wasn't pretty, if you catch my drift.

Yeah, but these are just fantasies. It didn't even happen in the anime, all I saw was typical rivalry, like Gary, and if you wanna go extreme, go right ahead, I'm not stopping you. They're boys.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So am I confusing two ships? That girl Bianca is not Latias. Latias took her form, and confused the heck out of Ash, usually.

You might be. AltoShipping refers to both AshxLatias and AshxBianca.

But the one with Latias is more interesting and is held in high regard than the others, right?

Uhh, no. Some people may hold AdvanceShipping as a higher regard, some PalletShipping, some PikaShipping. It all comes down to what someone's opinion is. So, if you want to take AltoShipping as a higher, more interesting Ash ship, that's your own opinion, not everyone else's.

Yeah, but these are just fantasies. It didn't even happen in the anime, all I saw was typical rivalry, like Gary, and if you wanna go extreme, go right ahead, I'm not stopping you. They're boys.

Hey, I'm sure there's a name for it. And it was more than likely fan art.

And I know they're boys. Now, if you want to go on a debate about homosexual ships, I'm standing right here. But of course, you don't know what side I'd take. I never did say I liked AshxMorrison.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Ash and Misty have been accused of being a couple many many more times than Ash and May.

And really, just because they're alike doesn't mean they work well together. Brock and Delia are alike. Ash and Ritchie are alike, moreso than Ash and May. May's way too shy and lacks confidence and self-esteem. Ash goes better with someone like Misty.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
    What would ash and drew answer if a society wants to share may for both of them?
    Drew- I'm holdin' my own! Where's the next Altaria flight to Goldenrod?

Ash- Don't you realize that phrase is cursed? Besides, a Latias in a CH-47 is flying me over to Altomare. As a "training" mission. (hint, hint)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've never seen so many altoshippers... O___o I'm one too...but still, wow!

At least you see some.

I'll never find anymore AmberShippers. -hum-

And I'll never find anymore Max x Ghost of Maiden's Peak Shippers, either...I'm so naming that. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back