• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Definately.

But, I don't even see AdvanceShipping as one-sided at all. Neither of them show anything, in my opinion. There are moments, but even still, May's too busy with her roses from Drew and Ash is busy worshipping his badges.

My reasoning exactly. Ash is busy worshipping his badges and fawning over his pikachu, he doesn't have time for anyone else.

I say Drew and May have had just as many moments as Ash and May, if not more. the luvdisc scene was a jab at the advanceshippers' minds by the writers, nothing more. But then, i call it as AdvancedChushipping (like i said, I love taking apart some hints and turning them into hints for my own favorites whenever possible.) so it doesn't matter anyway.

Lol, i just got a funny mental image of Drew fighting with Pikachu for May's love...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Actually, I just got done watching the Manaphy movie. The AdvanceShippy scenes were annoying, but I see them being good friends-- nothing more.

But...other things came to mind. Drew might have to fight Manaphy for May's love. O_O Or Jackie...there was one part where he was like "Ash, I need you to keep May and Manaphy seperated..." and then I filled his pause with "Because I love her! >:D"

I know that has a name...-goes to look up JackiexMay-

But ContestShipping for the win. <333 I just like a lot of ships. xD

-likes Cavalier and Ikari-

Years
    I'm always reading this thread and I hardly post in it, but here's my opinion:

Pokeshipping- I never really did like Misty and many of the hints were added by 4kids.

Advancedshipping- I liked this one a lot and was a bit sad to see May leave.

Pearlshipping- This definately has a lot of potential. Ash and Dawn are both very confident and are alike in quite a few ways, but there really havent been too many hints...yet.

Altoshipping- Too creepy for my tastes.

Badgeshipping/Hatshipping- The most canonical of all shippings

Pikashipping- Same as Altoshipping

What'll be next? Ash x his Charizard? It'd be called Disobedientshipping

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    However, my fave shipping is AdvancedCobaltShipping: MayXCobalt36!!!

Well, that's fantastic, hun. But this thread is for actualy ships, not May and you ships.

Ha. JackiexMay.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    May and Jackie is Zionshipping, Kinda wierd.

Now, I'm not supporting Contestshipping now like the dang moody-man I am. I'm just saying that May may be in this pendulum between Drew and Ash. I've been in those kinds of pendulums and I know how it feels. So it's probably that, a supportive thory to why Advanceshippers keep the flare up against Contestshippers. A most probable explaination for all the contradicting hints in Contest and Advance, but I'm not getting much into that. Thank you, good night. BTW, now u owe 100 bucks CPUDude :badsmile:

Now, I understand most people think Ash should just have his hat or badges, right? Avehay ardstay eensay ethay animeway atlylay?I haven't seen Ash have strong contact with his badges since I could remember in Hoenn. But about the hat, I say that's just plain insane, irrelevant, and stupid to even be discussed here. Today's episode relly annoyed me to heck.I'm Glad Subcharacters never re-appear

Also, I'd support Godisdeadshipping if only missingno was an official Pokemon : (

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    My reasoning exactly. Ash is busy worshipping his badges and fawning over his pikachu, he doesn't have time for anyone else.
    I feel as if you're the only one that understands...

May should just go for Drew, Plain and Simple! I mean why do people think May shouldn't? It's obvious that in the long-run Drew would win against Ash, as if Ash would even care...he's probably in the next city doing his thing.

I'm starting to wonder if Pokemon (anime wise)will ever end. I mean 11 years... o__o
    NOT THAT I WANT IT TO END. I'm just wondering about how much more pokemon they can create and any more plot ideas.
    haha.

just a random thought. ignore it if you please :)

Cobalt36

Ivy and Harley, quite a pair..
    Years
    Ash should throw Drew off a cliff. ADVANCESHIPPING SLAYS CONTESTSHIPPING!!!

HELLS yes!!! Now let's see, we've got Grand Canyon, The Alps, ooo and Everest!!! Him, now let's put some angry Houndooms at the bottom and...*trails off with plan to kill Drew*

But seriously. I would so much rather see MayXAsh than MayXDrew. Hey, anyone remember May singing Jirachi to sleep in Wishmaker? Ash looked like he was liking her singing, wasn't he...?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    May and Jackie is Zionshipping, Kinda wierd.

Zion? That's my friend's name! xD

Ash should throw Drew off a cliff. ADVANCESHIPPING SLAYS CONTESTSHIPPING!!!

This is a shipping debate thread, not a shipping 'throw [insert name] off a cliff' thread.

But...I guess if you think that...I can take Drew...;D

Edit:

I'd rather see ManaphyxMay before I ever consider AshxMay. D: No offense, AdvanceShippers.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Either nobody payed me attention or Drew was already killed by my rabid Chihuahua and I didn't see.

Now I see some people haven't heard the news. Vineshipping is probably at its end since May's Bulbasaur became a Venusaur. There goes the Advanceshipping back up. You all better be happy I reposted this. Next time read at least the last 10 pages.

lol. Godisdeadshipping

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Now I see some people haven't heard the news. Vineshipping is probably at its end since May's Bulbasaur became a Venusaur. There goes the Advanceshipping back up. You all better be happy I reposted this. Next time read at least the last 10 pages.

VineShipping is dead now. -.- So true. It's a sign!

We don't have to read the last ten pages. Some are too lazy, others don't care. Ten pages ago isn't really relevant to right now, anyway.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    SilverSmeargleSplatter said:
    But, I don't even see AdvanceShipping as one-sided at all. Neither of them show anything, in my opinion. There are moments, but even still, May's too busy with her roses from Drew and Ash is busy worshipping his badges.

This is true. But I was talking in an Advancedshipper's point of view.

Commander_Latios said:
    the luvdisc scene was a jab at the advanceshippers' minds by the writers, nothing more.

Is this the same as what the writers were doing to Pokeshipping in the second movie?

Master Trainer Empoleon said:
    Pearlshipping- This definately has a lot of potential. Ash and Dawn are both very confident and are alike in quite a few ways, but there really havent been too many hints...yet.

I gotta agree with you here. I really like those two, but we got Kenny, so I dunno if it'll go any further from admiration at this point.

Altoshipping- Too creepy for my tastes.

Badgeshipping/Hatshipping- The most canonical of all shippings

Pikashipping- Same as Altoshipping

Ash is Ash. Really. Pair him up with any Pokemon, specifically Pikachu, and you got yourselves a ship. Why does he keep saying he and Pikachu are "good friends". Shouldn't it be more than that by now?

kasumi_chan_x said:
    It's obvious that in the long-run Drew would win against Ash, as if Ash would even care...he's probably in the next city doing his thing.

Drew would completely pwn Ash here. It's a win-win situation between the two.

I'm just wondering about how much more pokemon they can create and any more plot ideas. haha. [/quote said:
    I'm just wondering if they'll ever make them grow up. You can't keep time still for 11 years. Wouldn't we have more fun with Pokemon in their teenage years?

Cobalt_36 said:
    But seriously. I would so much rather see MayXAsh than MayXDrew. Hey, anyone remember May singing Jirachi to sleep in Wishmaker? Ash looked like he was liking her singing, wasn't he...?

Or as clueless as usual.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    Is this the same as what the writers were doing to Pokeshipping in the second movie?

The writers always put some slight shippy momment in that includes the main girl of that season and ash. Or so it seems...

I gotta agree with you here. I really like those two, but we got Kenny, so I dunno if it'll go any further from admiration at this point.

The hints of pearlshipping are pretty low. I mean, by 70 episodes in of the first season of pokemon (which I am beginning to believe anyone under the age of 12 HAS NOT SEEN) had already a lot of pokeshipping hints (EVEN counting the NON-dubbed in ones.)

too be honest and despite Dawn being cute, I just think Dawn is too native and seems too inexperienced for ash. This ship isn't impossible, and I even slightly support this ship...I don't know...I honestly think that the most these two will become is great friends.

I mean, it was obviously that Misty had a thing for Ash, but even that resulted to nothing but great friends... >__< this is so confusing. Stupid Ash...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    kasumi_chan_x said:
    The writers always put some slight shippy momment in that includes the main girl of that season and ash. Or so it seems...

So they'll do the same thing with Dawn too...:(

Oh well...you can't go anywhere with a boy who doesn't know anything about...anything....all the more reason to grow up...

too be honest and despite Dawn being cute, I just think Dawn is too native and seems too inexperienced for ash. This ship isn't impossible, and I even slightly support this ship...I don't know...I honestly think that the most these two will become is great friends.

Well, can't we say the same thing when we started with May? I don't get it. He'll become best friends with every new person who joins him. Friends and nothing more! Bah! I wish the writers brought that "Giselle" look back on his face again. Ash needs some Brock in him. Actually no, not just Brock, brains that are like every one else's, and not just one who's wild about...just Pokemon...and battling...and Pokemon...

I wonder what the writers will do for future directions. Go add new girls, or include boys as traveling partners?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Bah, Vineshipping isn't dead. Theirs could be a non sexual relationship. Problem solved.

Thank you for solving that problem. Now all we need is to solve the Sizal, emotional, economic, humanitial, Democratic, Pokecratic, Bullitional, Pokemarital, lawful, AdvancedK9sealofapprovalacalifristicexpialidociousonal and Familital Problems.

Yep, I think it's dead now :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

She's too native? O.O

You mean naive? Yes, quite so. Which is why...we'll stick her with...Gary. Or Paul. >:D Cavalierrrrr!!! ...Or Ikari.

Bah, Vineshipping isn't dead. Theirs could be a non sexual relationship. Problem solved.

Without that, then what's the point?

Maybe Ash's Bulbasaur will man up and evolve or something. >.>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back