• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StewieLloyd

Trainer
    Years
    Orangeshipping is getting a lot of Pokeshippers worried
    Well regarding that i think it may just be because of Misty and Tracy are together in alot of episodes...like the luvdisc episode...or the newer episodes from japan where Tracy and Misty are standing next to eachother most of the episode...personaly i prefer pokeshipping...so i dont agree with orangeshipping....but it dosent help that i cant stand Tracy....hes a dweeby character only there to promote the new pokemon Marril and introduce a Pokemon "watcher".

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    *sigh* It didn't help that we know almost nothing about him...

Anyway.. I guess I found out what happened in the preview... I never thought it had anything shippy in it... turns out I was right... heh.. Since I'm not an Orangeshipper, I'm not really disappointed...

The reason why Misty was blushing (apparently) was due to her being shy when Team Rocket came with the Cameras and stuff..

StewieLloyd

Trainer
    Years
    Y'know i think apart from Ash and Pikachu...Team Rocket have never really changed...sure James's voice went higher since we first met him and there pokemon changed but it seems that there the most consistant non main characters. Unless your counting Prof. Oak etc. Oh and am i the only one who thinks that there is only one nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.....and that at the end of the episode they get on Jennys bike and get to the next town for the next episode?????? Just a theory?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Umm, StewieLloyd, Just a bit of freindly advice : Use the edit button if you have something to add...I don't think the moderaters like it when people double post...

Anyways.. back on topic..

uh.. do we have anything new to discuss concerning shipping?

Years
    This is interesting.

In the new episode, Ash hung out with May for most of the episode, and he didn't hang out with Misty all that much. Who did Misty hang out with? Tracey and Max.

Then in the next episode, the group gets seperated, and Misty goes off with Max.

Sounds like the writers are pushing away from Pokeshipping to me. =/

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    StewieLloyd said:
    I appolagise...they were an hour apart and two different subjects...tis all

lol, there's no need to apologise :)

hehe.. so Ash didn't spend alot of time with Misty? that is very interesting...

Out of all the people, the writers chose Max, I wonder why? lol.... dosen't matter to me... I doubt anything shippy is going to happen between them. but I bet that's not going to stop people from wondering ^_^

StewieLloyd

Trainer
    Years
    Strange though....i mean from what ive seen personally...theres alot more pokeshipping around than the other shippings so i dont get why the writers would lean away from it...if the majority of fans want Ash and Misty together then why lean away from it?

StewieLloyd

Trainer
    Years
    Yeah i suppose it would explain it....but i think none of the shippings will actualy come about...i mean if they do pair people up it will go against other shipping groups who arent a part of that pairing....and possibly lose some fans...leaving options open creates a larger fan base over the minor and major characters....ooh...that made sense!! "YAY"! ^_^
    "does a happy dance"...."hugs random person who walks into house"...........................hey...who are you????

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Interesting points you guys make...

Umm. I have a question, though..

Do any of you guys know whether Tai/Sora or Matt/Sora was popular, or had the more fans?

I actually didn't support either, so It's interesting to see....since a shipping actually became official...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    I think Tai/Sora was pretty popular.. I've never seen Matt/Sora. But that's probably because I never really looked up Digimon fan pages. I think Tai/Sora would've been more popular, anyway. It's like Pok?shippy, only with Digimon. XD Though I do see how Matt/Sora came to be. I'm not sure, but she said something to Matt one time in Season 2. Don't remember.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Hey Hikarii! Been a long time since you posted here ^_^

Anyway.. I never actually noticed the Tai/Sora when I was watching it.. then again.. I never used the internet back then.. but it dosen't surprise me that it was popular, funny how it turned out in the end..

Goes to show ya - assume nothing, expect anything

well.. If I have anything more to add to my post, then I'lll add it when I can... so far, nothing shippy in the POkemon world has occured I think...

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    hehe.. Interesting, no?

particularly when you compare her reaction to a previous accusation...

Shipping Debates

Shipping Debates

See what I mean? I wonder why they're so different?

Years
    You are right Stewie Lloyd i cant see why the animators/writers have placed pokeshipping on the shelf to gather dust when it should be still kept in action even though Misty isnt in the current season

There are lots of ways for the animators to keep pokeshipping alive despite Misty's temporary absence from the show... below is a few ideas i have thought up that would keep the most popular shipping still alive

1. Ash & Misty writing letters to each other
    2. Keeping in contact by phone (Since Misty has a pokegear phone)
    3. Keeping in touch via e-mail
    Last but not least
    4. Misty returning to the show as a permanent character

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back