• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucious_dia

Diamond in the Rough
    Years
    Believe it or not, I liked Misty, but now is just like, I can't stand her sometimes but I don't fully hate her either, like I just want to break the TV when seeing her face hate her, since she was the first female character I ever saw in the group. Still, I was never a pokeshipper fan at all, didn't mind what the show put back then about it either. I was a kid, and didn't think of it much. But now, I just like cursing the exaggeration that the shippy scenes get. And the way people interpret things between Ash/Misty, makes me even hate it more. I never saw them as right. And it still remains the same now. Geesh, half of the contestshippers came to like that couple just to get May away from Ash, until they started liking the pairing itself truthfully. Me, I certainly don't think what is cute between May and Drew, a green haired guy who sometimes creeps me out, and a sweet girl brown haired girl. I respect it though, but I don't like it. Hoennshipping isn't bad, except that Brendan never appeared. Part of the franticshipping (pokemon special manga) in me. This, I could stand. Thus, ends my opinion on my hating the pairings. And trust me that I'm not bashing either.

Now, some of the things that you mentioned STJ, were discussed. We still don't know what age Ash is, if he had grown older or remained the same. The debate is still going on. We aren't sure unless someone makes it official, preferably Japan or the company (not 4kids). And if he was older, the age gap isnt' that big. I always think is right for the boy to be older, albeit love gets in the way, then it's alright with me.

As for the part where Ash and May didn't blush when Andy and Oscar accused them of being in love, well, first, they were quite angry at each other and I think they didn't need that blame right now, second, Ash and Misty didn't blush either when they were first accused, and third, May still needs more time in the show, but it shows that Ash already trust and cares for her.

Don't mind me. I'm only putting what we all discussed or what I heard.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Bleh, I never really liked Misty, but I was able to tolerate her, and.. You know how it goes. I just didn't see anything really special between Ash and Misty. (Dude, that's been mentioned like twice up there already. XD) I'd assume Ash is around 15 or so by now; and there's not much of an age gap between Ash and May. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer it if the guy were older. xx;

Oh, regarding the episode, Ash and May were fighting, so Andrew and Oscar mentioning that they liked each other was more like an insult to them. When was the last time anyone accused Ash and Misty of being a couple? Way back when. He did blush though, I think. During that one episode where they left Brock with Professor Ivy, Team Rocket mentioned them being a couple. But he was younger then, right? Quick to deny. XD

.. I have horrible reasoning. o-o

Years
    As Adam on a Discovery Channel show "MythBusters" said:
    "I reject your reality and substiture my own!"

I actually came to like Pok?shipping (I still like using AAML) at the end. In other words, when Misty left the group when Ash was heading for Hoenn. That episode made me realize something, and from there, I've been going crazy, trying to get even the slightest amount of the hints in the older episodes. Unfortunately, I can only use the episodes that TV reruns. (I got dial-up...) Even then, I can find hints in nearly every episode.

Man, so much hate. Sure, I'm a strong AAML fan (anyone use this term anymore?!), but I really don't see why I should annihilate all traces of other shippings out there. I actually support some of them.

Hikarii said:
    I'd assume Ash is around 15 or so by now; and there's not much of an age gap between Ash and May.
    Are you sure? When Advanced started, May was 10 as the episode stated. Do you think that May is anywhere near 15 in about half the trip around the Hoenn Region?

And of course Ash is older. Well, in experience anyways. To me, there's no way Ash is that old. In fact, I sorta believe that he's still 10. When growing at 10, I'd think his height change would be noticable. Comparing that to Pikachu, I'd say he hasn't grown at all.

Oh, and lucious_dia, from the looks of things, you don't seem to support any of the major shippings out there. Just outta curiosity, which shippings do you support?
    member.php?u=10420
    Whatever. This thread has been somewhat chaotic within the week it's been revived in. I'd like to mention that none of these shippings are official until Japan decides to respond to all of our comments.

But that doesn't mean that we have to lose hope, now do we?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Heh. I'm not saying Ash is 15, I'm just assuming. ^^ Either way, didn't they mention, when Ash was on his way to the Indigo League, that "It's almost been a year since Ash went out on his Pok?mon Journey.." (I don't think I quoted it word by word, but meh..)?

When I said there's not much of an age gap, I meant that I didn't think the age gap between Ash and May were very far apart. o-o; 1 year, 2 years, 3 years.. 5 years.. Doesn't seem that big to me. o-o;

For some reason, if you've noticed, at times it did seem Ash was taller, then another scene he'd be short again. XD I think I recall in "Johto Photo Finish", (Was it? Never saw that episode. Somebody pointed this out.) there was a part where Ash was way taller than Gary, and in another, Gary was the taller one again. Because I've never seen it, I'm going to assume it was the angle kind of thing. (Like Grovyle and the Gligar. XD)

I don't expect any of these shippings to become official; I actually think that's the joy of Pok?mon. Most of the characters are neutral, so you can just about pair them up with anyone. (Anything goes! XD) So, even if a shipping does go official, I'm definately sure there will be tons of people who still support a shipping with the same character with another. You see that a lot. ^^

I don't want to be rude and answer for Dia for her, but I couldn't help scrolling up and noticing she mentioned that she got a little obsessed with Advancedshipping. ^^;

lucious_dia said:
    Actually, being an advanceshipper, I am happy. Very happy indeed. Still, the irony of it all still surprises me. And I used to be an "Anything goes" type too, until I started being obsessed with advanceshipping, that's when my view changed. XD In fact, I think when I was little I remember liking Misty alot, and actually thinking that Ash and her liked each other and not make excuses, but I didn't want to see them together either. So I was a semi.

Course, that's not really the point....
    I'm sorry for the hating, but I just don't really like Misty. I can tolerate her, yes, but I don't like her. Buuuuut, I actually find it kinda fun to spot out all the shippy hints. "AAML", Contestshipping.. It's just that I find Advancedshipping stuff my favorite. XD (Other than Altoshipping.. >>; )

Years
    Man, so much hate. Sure, I'm a strong AAML fan (anyone use this term anymore?!), but I really don't see why I should annihilate all traces of other shippings out there. I actually support some of them.
    I don't hate every shipping that doesn't have to do with Advanceshipping. Pokeshipping is just special. XD

But really, compared to other shippings in other things, my hatred of Pokeshipping is pretty tame, because at least I can tolerate it. Stuff like Hiei x Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho is what ticks me off... -_-
    Oh, regarding the episode, Ash and May were fighting, so Andrew and Oscar mentioning that they liked each other was more like an insult to them. When was the last time anyone accused Ash and Misty of being a couple? Way back when. He did blush though, I think. During that one episode where they left Brock with Professor Ivy, Team Rocket mentioned them being a couple. But he was younger then, right? Quick to deny. XD
    Honestly, I only remember Ash blushing once, and that was when Team Rocket accused them. I recall Misty doing it another time, but I seriously don't remember when Ash did anything. Probably because all this happened in the Orange Islands, and I didn't pay much attention. Besides, it was such a long time ago...

As for the Ash and May didn't react heavily thing. Sadly, I missed that part. -_-

Remember, Ash has matured in Hoenn though, so him not reacting as heavily seems sort of logical. And May hasn't been accused of liking a guy yet, so we don't know she would react (Caroline didn't accuse May of liking Drew by the way), so we don't really know how she would react. Just because someone doesn't blush, doesn't mean they don't like each other. It's helpful though. XD

I like Advanceshipping, Imiteshipping, Orangeshipping, Gymshipping, Neglectshipping, (that makes no sense), Contestshipping, and... I think that's it. I know nobody asked me, I just felt like saying that. ^_^

I really wouldn't be surprised if pokemon ended without much being solved. Kind of like Inuyasha. But hopefully not, because the Inuyasha ending sucked. But that's because there was so much Inuyasha x Kagome crud in it. Gah, Kagome gets on my nerves. -_-
    By the way, we can debate about other shippings from other shows if you want.

lucious_dia

Diamond in the Rough
    Years
    dqle said:
    Oh, and lucious_dia, from the looks of things, you don't seem to support any of the major shippings out there. Just outta curiosity, which shippings do you support?

Actually, I only support Advanceshipping, due that it is easier for me to like one ship, for a reason. I kind of like Hoennshipping, and as said before...somewhere...if Brendan appears, I'll fully support it. The other shippings I respect and tolerate, since people are also entitled to their opinions, but sometimes, I admit, I do say other stuff about the ships, I don't hate them though. Some can very well be. And that's it. The other ones are from the manga.

And *smiles* I'm glad we can talk about othe ships. Does it have to be anime related only?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    lucious_dia said:

Actually, I only support Advanceshipping, due that it is easier for me to like one ship, for a reason. I kind of like Hoennshipping, and as said before...somewhere...if Brendan appears, I'll fully support it. The other shippings I respect and tolerate, since people are also entitled to their opinions, but sometimes, I admit, I do say other stuff about the ships, I don't hate them though. Some can very well be. And that's it. The other ones are from the manga.

And *smiles* I'm glad we can talk about othe ships. Does it have to be anime related only?

I guess not...

Anybody got a topic to discuss?

Well, since everybody else is doing it.. I might as well go through my take on shipping..

Yeah.. I like Gymshipping.. I think I'll spare you all the details as to why I like it..

Want to know something ironic? I actually first came across gymshipping from a *gasp* pokeshipper's site! hehe.. The owner had made a list of alternatives to pokeshipping, and basically trying to say how none of the others would work.. Obviously didn't work, did it? hehe

Collosseuemshipping is nice too.. some of the fan comics I've seen are really funny :P

A short list, no? Hehe.. anyway.. most of the other shippings I'm really not too concerned about... to each his own, right?

And before you ask.. yeah, there are some ships that I don't support and/or like.. but trust me when I say that you do not want me to go there.. It's for your own safety people! lol

wow... this thread has been pretty quiet as of late... I guess there's not much to discuss?

Last edited:

StewieLloyd

Trainer
    Years
    Hey..bout the whole Ashs age thing....i think i remember in the third movie...the mini "pikachus Adventure" movie at the start of the film that at the end of the mini Pikachu movie that Ash throws a one year anniversary party for Pikachu and him. So the third movie would have been a year....if that helps at all.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Hmmm... I guess that might help out, If it's in the original....

Have any of the new episodes have anything to debate about, shipping wise?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Orangeshipping? that's interesting....

Why is a hot topic, because Tracey gave Misty the Azurill, or is there more?

On a sort of related topic concerning Orangeshipping, has anybody else seen the preview clip where Misty sorta blushes, anybody know why?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Hehe.. I have to tell you, considering that shipppings are constantly made, the list is going to be verrrryyyy long..

I can post up the more common shippings I suppose,,,

ok

Rocketshipping - Jessie and James
    Pokeshipping - Ash and Misty
    Gymshipping - Brock and Misty
    Orangeshipping - Tracey and Misty
    Advaceshipping - Ash and May
    Contestshipping - Drew and May
    Hoenshipping - Brendan and May
    Neoshipping - Butch and Cassidy

There more of the common ones, I know that there;s a list somewhere, but as I said before, the list is very long I imagine...

StewieLloyd

Trainer
    Years
    Cool!! (but spooky at the same time) I was just reading a Fanfic on www.Fanfiction.net and listening to the random pokemon songs i have on my computer. And Mistys song came on while i was reading the fanfic(Ash and Misty fanfic) and twas near the end of the song....well i was at the end of the fic and the last line was Misty saying to Ash "I Love you"...and just as i was about to read that line Misty on the song said "I Love You" ( the one at the end of the song when Ash wakes up.for those of you that have heard it).......tis all really....almost 1 in the morning and i found that pretty cool and had to tell people.......... 1 in the morning listening to Pokemon songs while reading fanfics.....does that seem sad to anyone here?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Hehe.. I'm not a pokeshipper, so I really don't know what to say about that :P

Anyway.. I've seen that they're been alot of talk about Orangeshipping lately... Can somebody please tell me what exactly is going on? It almost seems as though they're a couple or something like that.... as I mentioned earlier in my previous post, is it because of the Azuril, or is there more to it?

As for the ship, I don't mind Orangeshipping, I guess...I'm still hoping that Gymshipping will happen though.. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    Misty's Song doesn't count because it's not a Japanese creation. -_-

Orangeshipping is getting a lot of Pokeshippers worried. I don't understand why though, because there was a picture with Misty blushing and Tracey having this weird look on his face.

It was probably someone saying Misty was pretty, and Tracey was sweatdropping. But everyone seems to think otherwise...

Years
    Did you hear?! May got a new pokemon!! A

*SPOILER*

Squirtle! What were the writers on?! Another Ash pokemon? Go ahead and give her a Pichu, oh, and a Krabby as well!

*SPOILER*

But yeah, the episode airing today. We can see what it's about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back