• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No, it is made VERY obvious when Drew insulted May and May was embaraessed through being insulted. Her face would go squished up and she'd take a huge breath of air...you know. Or just sound angry. May isn't that passive. The scene where they first met and she blushed she that was definatly because she was insulted. But there were lots of little hints May liked Drew, I can't really remember because I haven't watched it in ages. Like when Drew left after saying something on the beach and May blushed...I can't remember the episode. It was in the one where the other girl liked Drew with the Drew fanservice. As he was leaving, it zoomed in on May staring at him, blushing.

I'm gonna end up sounding like one of those militant shippers in a minute, I'm not, I'm just saying they had little hints which were more hints than most other ships.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, Kenny is a BIG blockade in Pearlshipping, still, my blushing explanations apply further to this, as Kenny and Dawn are just 10, probably 11. Which makes maturity level enhance the fact that most of the Penguinshipping hints really weren't that valid.

Well today's JP episode must've been pretty Pearlshippy, we'll just have to wait for pics on Serebii.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, let's see what this episode has for Pearl.

But remember, Dawn is a 10- 11 year old girl and Ash is Ash, who has only acknowledged one girl in the whole series.

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I don't usually use shipping terms.
    Though, here are my favourite couples:

Ash x Gary
    Ash x Dawn
    Ash x Paul
    Ash x Richie
    Dawn x Paul
    Dawn x Zoey
    Dawn x May
    Brock x Ivy
    Brock x Misty
    Brock x Nurse Joy
    Brock x OfficerJenny
    Prof. Oak x Delia Ketchum
    Misty x Tracey
    Misty x May
    Misty x Dawn
    Misty x Gary
    Jessie x James
    Jessie x Cassidy
    Jessie x Butch
    Jessie x Jezabelle
    Jezabelle x James

I could add some more but the list would be longer than my arms... ^_^;;;

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    He didn't really trust him, Brock pushed him into trading/gave him wrong advice.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    He didn't really trust him, Brock pushed him into trading/gave him wrong advice.

He trusted him enough to trade it to him. Plus he trusted Brock after like 5- 10 episodes for a trade?!

Pearlshipping won't happen just like Pokéshipping and Advancedshipping.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm always serious unless it's obvious I'm not serious. Like this

Anyways, the chances of Pearlshipping have gottan pretty high recently, I'd review the Pics of the recent Japanese Episode but I have Algebra do to.

Edit: Lordbahamut, that is a HELLLOAD of couples. Can you please make up your mind down to a few?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    XD I base all my shipping knowledge on Harry Potter, but *no-one* ships Mr/Mrs Weasley XD

I do the same too. I'm glad I have that under my belt to understand relationships properly. :) Oh, of course not. Not the sane, logical ones.

Oh I used to go to COSForums, not too much now, though. I used to go on Mugglenet comments and any mention of something about friendship and Harry, Ron, Hermione someone would pick at it and...KABLAM. I remember once one of the comments ended up with fake ships like Dobby/Squid Filch/Whomping Willow, too funny XD

CoS Forums? Is that a website? Yes that definitely caused a trigger. But I don't see this anywhere with Pokemon. Misty? No. Each character is their own entity. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were the Trio, since Book 1. Misty left before AG, so any sort of trio was broken, which didn't exist at all because of constant buchering in the previous seasons.

Yeah, I never steered into those, ignored them all, but were funny all the same.

It's called being one-sided canon. 'Canon' doesn't refer only to relationships; rather, anything in the series.

Constestshipping as one-sided? Hardly. The others circling Ash are definitely one-sided. Contestshipping you can actually make out happening. Look at what Drew does recently in the second half of the AG series. Or unless the dub is fooling with us with all this.

I don't want to talk about Pearlshipping either. We're halfway done (I think so) and I don't think it'll go anywhere.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The dub is more "faithful" to the original, have a little more faith.

But I wouldn't call Contest canon at all. Unless I missed their confession episode.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Ho, I can have more faith in it, if they were being faithful with us in Movie 2.

Don't expect anything on confessions. Would you expect anything like that at 10-11 years old, manga aside?

This brings the question, what does it mean to have a ship? Can they also act like predictions of what can happen in the future? When I say "Contestshipping" will happen, I don't expect it right that very minute. It's a possibility of happening in the future.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The people who did movie 2 don't dub it anymore.

I guess a shipping can be a prediction or maybe some strange hobby. But I see that Contestshipping might happen in the future.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Well whoever's dubbing it now, it's not being faithful with that perspective now, is it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back