• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I agree, DelibirdxSmoochum is cuter than DelibirdxJynx haha. Jynx is scary...

It costs less money to make your own music than to buy the rights to songs.

But then you have to employ the 2 composers that make the new music, have the equipment avaliable, then the people who do the editing and then the people who decide what music to keep each episode. Or maybe they don't bother with the last lot and keep in random pieces. Makes you wonder how much the music costs then if it truly is cheaper o.O

It accounts for a large amount of time that PUSA has had it though. Maybe before IIRC.

If it were that they're low on money, then other animes (and just other imported programmes) would stop using the original music. Surely Pokemon music is not the most expensive music in the world and/or PUSA have the lowest budget out of all dubbers.

It doesn't tell us why they have kept all the music for the Riolu special part 1 and 2. 4Kids kept no music from the whole of the Chronicles, they could've done exactly the same and said they were just doing what was done before. Even with PUSAs own special before that - the Deoxys one - they did not keep all the music. They keep remixes of songs (millions of remixes of Kimi no Soba de, Pokettari Monsutarri, Advance Adventure etc) and from movies in the TV show, which would surely cost more than the random Japanese TV music. It does not explain why they keep more BGM now than when they first started dubbing, nor why the BGM that is kept fluctuates so much - from 2 pieces to 17. Nor why they keep all the music for the movies. (most probably because they don't want to make new music every movie).

With 4Kids - they actually used Japanese Pokemon BGM in other programmes they dubbed :/

Most animes do keep all the music. I know the Pokemon TV anime probably never will keep the music, and it is probably not due to PUSA being the single victim of the economic crises throughout all dubbing companies...If I keep going on, I'm going to sound like one of those elitists...so, um. I'll stop talking about music in the shipping thread o.O (which I didn't start...just noting that)

Huh? I don't get what you mean.

The music as always been edited, and most probably not due to whatever economic state the world is in. Sorry, I kind of messed up what I was saying by talking about the Pokemon Company specifically at the start.

I'm stopping talking....now.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I agree, DelibirdxSmoochum is cuter than DelibirdxJynx haha. Jynx is scary...
    Yes, victory for me.

But then you have to employ the 2 composers that make the new music, have the equipment avaliable, then the people who do the editing and then the people who decide what music to keep each episode. Or maybe they don't bother with the last lot and keep in random pieces. Makes you wonder how much the music costs then if it truly is cheaper o.O
    I thought that they already had pieces from 4Kids.

If it were that they're low on money, then other animes (and just other imported programmes) would stop using the original music. Surely Pokemon music is not the most expensive music in the world and/or PUSA have the lowest budget out of all dubbers.

It doesn't tell us why they have kept all the music for the Riolu special part 1 and 2. 4Kids kept no music from the whole of the Chronicles, they could've done exactly the same and said they were just doing what was done before. Even with PUSAs own special before that - the Deoxys one - they did not keep all the music. They keep remixes of songs (millions of remixes of Kimi no Soba de, Pokettari Monsutarri, Advance Adventure etc) and from movies in the TV show, which would surely cost more than the random Japanese TV music. It does not explain why they keep more BGM now than when they first started dubbing, nor why the BGM that is kept fluctuates so much - from 2 pieces to 17. Nor why they keep all the music for the movies. (most probably because they don't want to make new music every movie).

With 4Kids - they actually used Japanese Pokemon BGM in other programmes they dubbed :/

Most animes do keep all the music. I know the Pokemon TV anime probably never will keep the music, and it is probably not due to PUSA being the single victim of the economic crises throughout all dubbing companies...If I keep going on, I'm going to sound like one of those elitists...so, um. I'll stop talking about music in the shipping thread o.O (which I didn't start...just noting that)
    For the bolded section, I expect a bigger budget.

The underlined part, it's ironic. Very ironic.

For the rest of it, I'm sure that they don't use all of their resources for just the show. They most likely put more money into the games than an advertisement.

The music as always been edited, and most probably not due to whatever economic state the world is in. Sorry, I kind of messed up what I was saying by talking about the Pokemon Company specifically at the start.

I'm stopping talking....now.
    Don't worry. We all have those moments every once in a while. :P

Anyway, Jorah will you go against the PearlShipping army with me? Or are you with those scalywags? Did I spell that right? Scalywags?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I see no reason for you to attempt AT Pearlshipping. It is too dominant right now. You can try again if Dawn leaves, but right now you'll probably fail against MY army!

_____________________________________________________-|-________________________________________________________​

Erm... or just me....

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
  • I see no reason for you to attempt AT Pearlshipping. It is too dominant right now. You can try again if Dawn leaves, but right now you'll probably fail against MY army!

_____________________________________________________-|-________________________________________________________​

Erm... or just me....

So you got me and ......

Years
  • I don't see Poke or Advanceshipping hapening anytime soon. I see Pearlshipping getting stronger and stronger every few episodes. :cool: Heh,soon enough this site will be dominated by the Pearlshippers.

Dawn is more small than Ash whereas Misty was older AND taller than Ash so Ash and Dawn they loooooooove eachother

*Facepalms*

Last edited:

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • This whole thing was way too tense, so I suggested DelibirdxJynx. And Jynx is strange but Smoochum looks like an infant...is it even legal to ship Smoochum with anything?

The way I see it, Pearlshipping is the new shiny toy that will eventually go the way of Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping when Dawn leaves, should that happen. No AshxAnyone is going to happen now. Maybe in a movie if you're lucky, but the closest would probably be similar to Power of One stuff. Truthfully, even as a Pokeshipper, nothing is currently more likely than anything else. Hence, I prefer non-Ash shippings... like Rocketshipping haha....

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I thought that they already had pieces from 4Kids.

Haha, ignore what I said there, you're right, it probably is cheaper all the way through. The dub composers probably get a one off payment and the people who edit the music probably don't work very long and don't get paid much.

Oh, PUSA have their own music. They made a batch of their own and bought 4Kids music as well (including some of their movie music). From Battle Frontier-Diamond and Pearl they alternated every episode between PUSA and 4Kids music, but stopped and only have PUSA music now, except from the Pokedex Theme which is 4Kids. PUSA have also made new batches of music, a lot of people noticed an improvement in their BGM from the first Wallace episode, but there has also been random new ones they have made, such as in the Magikarp and Feebas episode.

Anyway, Jorah will you go against the PearlShipping army with me? Or are you with those scalywags? Did I spell that right? Scalywags?

*gets out pitchfork* XD

I ship no one with Ash, except maybe Angie, even, as always, it's only one way

"scallywag" has 2 "l"'s XD. You've just said scay-lee XD

This whole thing was way too tense, so I suggested DelibirdxJynx. And Jynx is strange but Smoochum looks like an infant...is it even legal to ship Smoochum with anything?

I never thought of that XD Although, I suppose you could have an old Smootchum who's never evolved

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • The music as always been edited, and most probably not due to whatever economic state the world is in. Sorry, I kind of messed up what I was saying by talking about the Pokemon Company specifically at the start.

Oh, I wasn't even talking about the music.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Pokeshippers unite! *Starts to celebrate and realizes that nobody else is responding* ...Oh. Right. But we're not dead yet!

Also, ContestShipping, not too shabby. Definitely some evidence there.

I have absolutely no evidence for this (that I can think of O.o'), but Tracy and Melody would be kinda cute together. XP Is there a name for that ship? It should be called ShamutiShipping. (lol)

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Pokeshippers unite! *Starts to celebrate and realizes that nobody else is responding* ...Oh. Right. But we're not dead yet!

Also, ContestShipping, not too shabby. Definitely some evidence there.

I have absolutely no evidence for this (that I can think of O.o'), but Tracy and Melody would be kinda cute together. XP Is there a name for that ship? It should be called ShamutiShipping. (lol)

Oh my! It seems that I can take out one group of people while the other group still haven't had their girl leave yet.

Years
  • is it bad to be stuck between 2 ships? I can't decide between Pokeshipping (which I absolutely love) & Pearlshipping (which is starting to grow on me) Whats a confused shipper to do?! @_@;;

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    is it bad to be stuck between 2 ships? I can't decide between Pokeshipping (which I absolutely love) & Pearlshipping (which is starting to grow on me) Whats a confused shipper to do?! @_@;;

https://unmotivationalposters.com/m...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3321&g2_serialNumber=2*ermcoughcougherm*https://unmotivationalposters.com/m...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3321&g2_serialNumber=2https://unmotivationalposters.com/m...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3321&g2_serialNumber=2https://unmotivationalposters.com/m...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3321&g2_serialNumber=2

When I was between Advance and Pearl, I went with the most likely, which at that point was officially Pearlshipping. As many have said, you could nearly consider Pokeshipping dead.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • When I was stuck between Sacred and Susu (damn you Oos!) I simply watched For Ho-oh the Bells Toll! again and my faith was restored.

Watch something like the second movie, you should love Pokeshipping again in no time.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • Well, if you all are, I'd say that Pokeshipping is really one of the only shippings where the hints are pronounciated and actually "there."
    That's not true...o.o;
    I can't honestly say that I've never "searched" for hints (and believe me, I can find a hint for any shipping imaginable), but Pokemon is definitely far from the only anime or whatever that has actual hints, of the non-wishful-thinking variety.

PikaShipper
    Or you can read Pika "Seme" Chu (a comic) and see some Pikashipping done the right way...XP

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • Not Pokemon, Pokeshipping.

Which while not being the only ship with hints is sadly one of the few.

OH! For some reason, I assumed that Pokeshipping was shipping within the Pokemon fandom.
    So, is Pokeshipping between two Pokemon, or between a Pokemon and a human...xDD?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    OH! For some reason, I assumed that Pokeshipping was shipping within the Pokemon fandom.
    So, is Pokeshipping between two Pokemon, or between a Pokemon and a human...xDD?

Pokeshipping - Ash and Misty
    Advanceshipping - Ash and May
    Pearlshipping - Ash and Dawn

Those are the basic ones to know, I suppose

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back