• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
  • Pokeshipping - Ash and Misty
    Advanceshipping - Ash and May
    Pearlshipping - Ash and Dawn

Those are the basic ones to know, I suppose

Who on Earth came up with that?
    The last two I can at least kind of see the logic, but the first one doesn't make any sense to me at all.

As I demonstrated above, unless someone had heard the term before, that isn't the first thing that'd come to mind...>.o;

Thanks for clearing that up for me, though...xD

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Who on Earth came up with that?
    The last two I can at least kind of see the logic, but the first one doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    It was the first shipping you can naturally ship on the show and the show was called pokémon so... yeah. It has other names like TwerpShipping and GekiShipping IIRC.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I think Rocketshipping was first, but because they were antagonists, and they had a strange addiction to "Team Rocket"ness...Nobody could have really seen "Pokeshipping" fit in to them.

"Hey, did you hear about Pokeshipping? A Pokemon relationship?"

"Let me guess... YOU SUPPORT ASH AND MISTY TOO!?"

"No, Jesse and James you idiot! >:(. *kills*"

Seriously...

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • As many have said, you could nearly consider Pokeshipping dead.

Nothing is dead until one person of that ship becomes canon in another ship.

You know? Why do they call it shipping? It sounds like their shipping some product over seas...

Comes from relationSHIP. (If you were serious...though it does sound funny haha.)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Meh, it takes some getting used to. I know they sounded like shipping methods at first to me.

Purchasing a Pack of Cards. Would you like Advanceshipping or Pokeshipping delivery?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I always wondered why people made up names for the shipping and just didn't say the people's names like some other fandoms do...hmm, I think we had this conversation a few months ago XD

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I always wondered why people made up names for the shipping and just didn't say the people's names like some other fandoms do...hmm, I think we had this conversation a few months ago XD

well have it again because i'd like to know that to.

so wats ash and misty called?

is it pokeshipping or something else?

advanceshipping is ash and may or brendan and may?

scarfshipping is the three DP chars.

so wat is dawn and ash?

o lordy its all so confusing...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Haha, I posted some of them on the last page. Although, there are some I haven't heard of before until people mention them here

Pokeshipping - Ash and Misty
    Advanceshipping - Ash and May
    Pearlshipping - Ash and Dawn

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I was really surprised when I heard about all those shipping names...
    Only Pokemon fandom has a special name for all the pairings. Somehow I would really like to know who on earth started this...Some have stange names...if I didn't know which charas it means I wouldn't know which pairing it means.... (Handymanshipping for example...Wtf? o.O)
    I'll go with Pikashipping by the way...Pikachu's the only one who's always with Satoshi and the only one he really adores...and...the doshinji Pika (seme) Chu is really funny!

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • That's another reason why I like Rocketshipping so much: even the name is fun. It's a pun, one that doesn't make you cringe...haha Rocketship...

I think Team Galactic pairings should be Spaceshipping. It's kinda the same--like how they're an evil organization too--but different.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I think there is already a pairing named spaceshipping...I've forgotten which one though...but I'll find it out.
    Rocketshipping is my favourite, and yeah, the name is kinda funny.^^

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    I always wondered why people made up names for the shipping and just didn't say the people's names like some other fandoms do...hmm, I think we had this conversation a few months ago XD

lol I think we did! First thing I entered the Pokemon fandom and I'm like, what's with these names. Sometimes I still refer to ships as "boy/girl". That way you don't confuse anyone.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    I'm curious...not that I support this (I'm a Pokeshipper, see on previous page), but is there a shipping for Ash and Melody?

(Personally, I think Tracy and Melody would be cuter, but whatever.)

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I'm curious...not that I support this (I'm a Pokeshipper, see on previous page), but is there a shipping for Ash and Melody?

(Personally, I think Tracy and Melody would be cuter, but whatever.)

Melody? From 2000? Dude I think she was a just a random whore they put in there to get Misty angry lol.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    That was inappropriate. *eye roll* As for Melody's part, she played an important role in the film. How long ago did you watch the movie? Maybe you'd better watch it again. She was actually supportive of Ash/Misty after Ash falls into the ocean with Lugia, and her song brings pacification to the three legendary birds.

And my question was still not answered.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back