• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I just noticed my post sounds more sincere that sarcastic o.O I'm sure I actually typed something else XD I hated the entire CD, it's horrible.

Pokemon Christmas Bash

Misty: Just give me one dance with Ash

XDD

Under the Mistletoe

I keep my home in my heart (because emo Brock is funny XD)

Hahaha! Stupid Mexican Computer with no sound and bad speed >:|

Today I am glad 4Kids quit the dubbing. Of course it came at the price of the voice actors but those unnessecary shipping hints disappeared into thin air :D.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I've figured it out! I know why Ash doesnt get interested in girls! And its not just because he likes only pokemon. I learned in psychology the other day that when parents are together, you secretly hate your father as a child for getting with your mother (when you're a boy). So, Ash's dad didnt seem to be around when he was a kid (off becoming a pokemon master or something) which has led Ash to not have that normal attraction to girls...

course thats way over thinking it but it makes sense.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hehehe you've been learning about Freud? I've done him in psychology, too. You should bare in mind that he was taking drugs while coming up with his psychological theories XD And that nothing he came up with can be proved or disproved, so a lot of psychologisits won't take his theories seriously. Although, he did come up with the whole idea of the conscious and unconscious (from what I remember)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Wow, that's one weird theory you got there. Though it doesn't make sense in the slightest.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, that's one weird theory you got there. Though it doesn't make sense in the slightest.

That's because it doesn't, Freud is crazy. I'll get out my psychology notes (and they don't come out often XDD)

Basically Freud says our personality is based on what happened in our childhood and nothing else. (Personally, I would buy into the theory that what happens in our childhood affects our personality, but not solely on that). He says there are 5 stages of psycholosexual development, the third is when you're 3-6 where you start to notice sexual differences (This is the stage Ebon Blade was talking about, I think). Freud says each boy, unconsciously, goes through a sequence of sub-stages:
    a. developing a strong desire for the mother
    b. noticing a strong bond between the parents (sleeping together)
    c. becoming jealous of the father and hating him
    d. being afraid of his father, who might discover his true feelings (ie the boy's desire, jealousy and hatred)
    e. fearing the ultimate punishment for a boy, castration
    At this point the boy is in despair and desperate to resolve it. Resolution of the Oedipus complex occurs through the boy identifying with his father, so that
    a. the father will like him, and therefore won't punish him
    b. the mother will also like him
    Identification causes the boy to take on his father's attitudes, morals and gender.

Yeah, this is an actual theory. He doesn't explain much about girls or what would happen if there were no father. You can't prove or disprove it because Freud says it all happens subconsciously.

There are lots of different psychological views on why we are the way we are, such as we have learnt it from others, it's in our genes or our thinking processes to name just a few, and they would defiantly not all believe that Freud's psychosexual theory is the right one. It's one of the more crazier theories, I think.

Although, I'm not sure how not having a father would mean you do not become attracted to girls by this theory.

Last edited:

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • There are lots of different psychological views on why we are the way we are, such as we have learnt it from others, it's in our genes or our thinking processes to name just a few, and they would defiantly not all believe that Freud's psychosexual theory is the right one. It's one of the more crazier theories, I think.

Yup! That's the one. It is crazy, isn't it? Well, anyway, it does make sense to me. Although, I'm like you Jorah, I'm not sure I totally believe its true either, but its a funny theory. I certainly didn't learn this full theory. (then again I'm just in high school)

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ash + Misty
    Drew + May
    Dawn +.....um.... BROCK!
    Besides coming in with more randomnes than a /b/ blurt-out in a conversation about pizza, Dawn+Brock gives images worse than Skitty+Wailord. Poor Brock will have his best chances with my pet rock anyways.

Years
  • Although, I'm not sure how not having a father would mean you do not become attracted to girls by this theory.

I think he's trying to say that boys have an attraction to girls by liking the mother first.
    (Don't take that as fact, taking psychology next year.)

Years
  • I'm a girl...so I dunno what to say about our psychology lesson. (Sorry if this came out offensive)
    This is a very random thread. xD
    Well, I can tell Ash probably gets along very well with his parents, so he should still feel attraction to at least some girls.

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    *bringing up random pairings again*

Ash/Morrison
    May/Tyson
    Casey/Georgio

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Takeshi/Hikari is obviously the most win. Short skirt girl + Older, horny guy = Laughs for the family.

Seriously though, a nice random pairing would be the Cerulean Sisters/Yuri.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Brock/Dawn would be creepy XD I think that out of all the girls companions, Brock has talked to Dawn the least. I'm sure he talked to Misty and May much more

Yup! That's the one. It is crazy, isn't it? Well, anyway, it does make sense to me. Although, I'm like you Jorah, I'm not sure I totally believe its true either, but its a funny theory. I certainly didn't learn this full theory. (then again I'm just in high school)

Yeah XD Well, it's probably the different courses. You probably learn something else in more detail than I do for your exam

I think he's trying to say that boys have an attraction to girls by liking the mother first.
    (Don't take that as fact, taking psychology next year.)

Hmm but that would mean it's easier for him because there's no father to "compete" with. Ah, Freud is crazy

This is a very random thread. xD

That's why I love it XD I like to come in and see what the conversation will be about next XD

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    That's why I love it XD I like to come in and see what the conversation will be about next XD

For all we know, it could be about Ash and Barack Obama :D...

Ah crap, that got old. Never mind. :\

Porygon and High Speed Internet, anyone?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Warped Reflection said:
    Takeshi/Hikari is obviously the most win. Short skirt girl + Older, horny guy = Laughs for the family.

lol

Seriously though, a nice random pairing would be the Cerulean Sisters/Yuri.

She would more likely act like a mother with those three. Wow, I just thought of a twisted fanfic idea. *shakes head violently to get rid of it*

So that's Love Hina? Oh my God...O_O

Advanced, that hope is broken. ;)

Porygon and High Speed Internet, anyone?

Now that would go along nicely.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • RubyJB88 said:
    She would more likely act like a mother with those three. Wow, I just thought of a twisted fanfic idea. *shakes head violently to get rid of it*

So that's Love Hina?

Write the fanfic. You must. . . .

Don't stray away from Love Hina.

Porygon and High Speed Internet? How win are you Godot?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Never in a million years. I'm not good at writing, and if I had to write, I would never think of such ideas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back