• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • You can leave it in the Day Care. It makes no sense that it would lose the EVs it gains.

Just watch out for the Move replacement.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I got 'nother question..

I'm currently trying to raise a team to lv100. Where would the best place (saying I have full EV's) to train, besides the E4?

Thx.

EDIT: yeah, I should probably mention that this is in D/P.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 24 Atk / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Close Combat

Really boring standard stuff. Honestly Mixed Infernape is overrated but a lot of teams are weak to it so meh.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 24 Atk / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Close Combat

Really boring standard stuff. Honestly Mixed Infernape is overrated but a lot of teams are weak to it so meh.

Should this be used as a lead or what?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Oh no. It's best with Weavile so you can kill its most common counter (Starmie) and really drill the other one (Cresselia) and then you can sweep a lot of stuff.

Xairmo

Years
  • Oh no. It's best with Weavile so you can kill its most common counter (Starmie) and really drill the other one (Cresselia) and then you can sweep a lot of stuff.

So I should have a weavile lead in my team?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    So I should have a weavile lead in my team?

I like bringing it when they least expect it, as a revenge killer later on in the match.

Weavile@Choice Band
    40 HP / 252 ATT / 216 SPEED
    Jolly Nature
    - ice Shard
    - pursuit
    - night Slash
    - brick break.

Awesome DD Dragon slayer and psychic/ghost destroyer =)

Evs put you ahead of max speed + speed nature Zam, Dugtrio and Sceptile

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • After carefully reviewing my team, I realized that my main weakness doesn't lie in Garchomp, but in Porygon-Z. Why?

Well, along with me dreading whenever it is unleashed, not even Grumpig can wall it, since it has both Specs Dark Pulse & Tr Attack.

The only way I can possibly beat it is with Raichu hitting with his comepletely unreliable Focus Blast. And if it survives, then I must finish it with Flygon, the only one fast enough.

Anyone who saw my team knows I am getting a new sweeper. I decided on a Life Orb Lucario. With this set:

Lucario@Life Orb
    Nature:Adamant
    EV:Max ATK, Max SPD
    Close Combat
    Bullet Punch
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

Close Combat removes Pory, although I'll still have slight issues in switching in. Of course, I don't like speedy sweepers, like Gengar, so I have Bullet Punch for that. But of course, Stone Edge is for Gya & Mence, Extremespeed is just a cool killing move. Will this work?

For a look at my team, go here.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Hm, I might switch out ol' Steelix for a new physical wall (I think Vaporeon can act as a decent special wall and wish support is pretty nice).

So is this Weezing good? Don't worry about Nature or IVs/EVs, I'll get to those later. My most important pokemon are Vaporeon, Zapdos, and Metagross (I can post their movesets if needed). Mostly for casual/in-game play, a bit of competitive once I get around to EV training a bred version of them.

NjoyUrAIDS
    Weezing@Leftovers

Haze
    Will-O-Wisp
    Flamethrower
    Sludge Bomb

A friend suggested this to me as a physical wall (though I have some doubts). Haze neutralizes any stat changes, Will-O-Wisp burns, causing the opponent's physical attack to be cut in half. Flamethrower takes care of grass-types and any noobs switching into a steel-type expecting me to use posion only attacks. Sludge Bomb is for STAB, and it does decent damage if used correctly.

I might use Pain Split to balance out the opponent's HP with mine constantly, making it harder for his pokemon to stay alive if he doesn't switch it out by the time he takes out Weezing. Expecially if I decide to put a Lobunny in to use Switcheroo (unlikely though) if it has the Klutz ability (switch his item for a Burn Orb, constant 1/2 attack and burn, so he's forced to switch that pokemon out unless there's a way to bypass it).

Xairmo

Years
  • Alright i have an extremely n00bishly dumb question ._.
    Motor drive raises speed by one level if hit by an electric attack, weeeeeeeeell...how much is one level exactly? ._.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    I need EV help.

I have to admit something: I can't stand EV training. It takes way too long. I just don't know if I'm doing it right. My friend has action replay and he gave me 999 rare candies. First I was using it on crap pokemon to evolve them, fill a pokedex spot and leave them in my PC to rot. Eventually I got sick of training my pokemon on every level so I got a new strategy. Say I'm raising a Gengar. I take my level 40 gengar, rare candy it up to level 65, then equip it with either the power band or anklet, then go out, do 2 level ups with weak pokemon, fill it up, then rare candy it up to 96, and do it again. But that still took too long and i didn't fill up my stats. So how do you do it? I need tips on ev training. Is there a way to do it quickly? Because if I got all at it, with breeding for nature, evs and moves, then ev training, it takes me about 1-2 weeks to get a level 100 pokemon that I want.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I feel like a n00b right now, but is synchronize put into effect from the status orbs and rest?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    I feel like a n00b right now, but is synchronize put into effect from the status orbs and rest?

Nope, only if the opponent inflicts it upon you, not upon yourself.

Theres a nice Cresselia set that involves Psycho Shift Burn Orb, Rest and sleep talk, its so fun to use =p

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
  • Does Pokérus double the EVs gained before the inclusion of the power items or after

(eg. If you defeat a Starly with a pokemon with Pokérus and a Power Anklet, does it receive two speed Evs from the Pokérus, and then add on four, or does it add on four for the power item and then double?)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I need EV help.

I have to admit something: I can't stand EV training. It takes way too long. I just don't know if I'm doing it right. My friend has action replay and he gave me 999 rare candies. First I was using it on crap pokemon to evolve them, fill a pokedex spot and leave them in my PC to rot. Eventually I got sick of training my pokemon on every level so I got a new strategy. Say I'm raising a Gengar. I take my level 40 gengar, rare candy it up to level 65, then equip it with either the power band or anklet, then go out, do 2 level ups with weak pokemon, fill it up, then rare candy it up to 96, and do it again. But that still took too long and i didn't fill up my stats. So how do you do it? I need tips on ev training. Is there a way to do it quickly? Because if I got all at it, with breeding for nature, evs and moves, then ev training, it takes me about 1-2 weeks to get a level 100 pokemon that I want.
    You can use vitamins. Calcium, Protein, etc. all give 10 EVs to the stat they raise. (e.g. Protein raises Attack, so Protein gives 10 EVs into Attack). You can only use up to 10 vitamins on one stat though. So you can get up to 100 EVs without any training.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    Hey do you guys know if a Adament, 252 ev atk and 28-31 IV atk slaking can take out a Blissy in one hit with brick break ?

I tested out my Ice team in a couple battles and it did very good but i had problems with blissy. Weevile didnt kill it only brought it to 30% with brick break then he switched out, and asside from that i have nothing else that can really do a number on that pokemon asside from abomasnow maybe but hes really weak. I was thinking of taking my dusknoir outa my ice team for a slaking with his high HP and good defense even with traunt he can last 2 turns againstm ost pokemon and with his insaine atk and choice scarf/band on i can probly 1hitko anything for the most part.

I dont really like taking the risk with focus punch, being that he has traunt and all, and im not sure if i should use hammer arm instead.

Can someone explain to me what lowering speed or any stat for the matter by 1 stage means ?

Like if his speed is say 200 how much would he have after using hammer arm ? 100 ? Iv always wonderd how these type of moves work. Same with buff up moves like dragon dance and what not, how much do they really up the stats ?

And what about harsh upping and dropping moves ? I guess these are noob questions and iv played pokemon for 11 years but i never botherd asking.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Hey do you guys know if a Adament, 252 ev atk and 28-31 IV atk slaking can take out a Blissy in one hit with brick break ?

Nope, is does ass to max hp, max def blissey =[. Hammer Arm OHKO's though, only with a Choice Band

I tested out my Ice team in a couple battles and it did very good but i had problems with blissy. Weevile didnt kill it only brought it to 30% with brick break then he switched out, and asside from that i have nothing else that can really do a number on that pokemon asside from abomasnow maybe but hes really weak. I was thinking of taking my dusknoir outa my ice team for a slaking with his high HP and good defense even with traunt he can last 2 turns againstm ost pokemon and with his insaine atk and choice scarf/band on i can probly 1hitko anything for the most part.

Swords Dance Weavile =p ?

I dont really like taking the risk with focus punch, being that he has traunt and all, and im not sure if i should use hammer arm instead.

Yeah, use Hammer Arm and a Choice Band = Ohko on Bold/Max HP / Max def blissey.

Can someone explain to me what lowering speed or any stat for the matter by 1 stage means ?

Like if his speed is say 200 how much would he have after using hammer arm ? 100 ? Iv always wonderd how these type of moves work. Same with buff up moves like dragon dance and what not, how much do they really up the stats ?

By 50%, so yeah, youve got it right, if you have 200 speed and use Dragon Dance, you will have 300 speed, 50% of 200 = 100, so add that onto 200, your original stat.

And what about harsh upping and dropping moves ? I guess these are noob questions and iv played pokemon for 11 years but i never botherd asking.

Sharply you mean ? LOL, Those double you stat, for example Azelf uses Nasty Plot it doubles it, say you have 300 sp.att, and use Nasty Plot, you will then effectively have 600 =).

Comments in bold-zorz. ^^^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back