• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
Years
  • There isnt really a Preffered Nature, for a Deoxys, just not a Neutral or Defence Nature. (Not many people use Deoxys as a Tank.)
    Natures don't matter much for a Deoxys as you can use it in any form thanks to the Meteor Rocks in Veilstone.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I would also like to see/learn more about the japanese metagame.,

Is there a tier list etc for it ?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I'd go with a Modest nature, if you can get it that way (It has -Attack, but +Sp. Attk). Even, with a bit of EV training, you can make up lost stats pretty easily.

No you can't. Pokemon have limits, and Natures alter what those limits are. EV Training won't make the differences up.

Anyway, Modest is bad, because you'll have to forgo Superpower. Go with Naive- pack enough speed to outrun Choice Scarfers, and run a mixed set.

And the idea of another nation's metagame fascinates me. I'd like to see what they use.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Pokemon Fire Red Leaf Green Team:

Okay so here is my pokemon team for fire red, not right now but what its gonna look like.
    Blastoise lvl 60
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Hydro Cannon
    Bite

Butterfree lvl 60
    Psybeam
    Silver Wind
    Gust
    Toxic

Raichu lvl 60
    Thunder
    Thunderbolt
    Slam
    Quick Attack

Nidoking lvl 60
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Brick Break
    Rest

Pidgeot lvl 60
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack
    Aerial Ace

Dragonite lvl 60
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Aerial Ace
    Shadow Ball

Any other suggestions or teams I could use?

Years
  • I would probably replace Butterfree for a Grass/Fire-type Pokémon, such as Growlithe, Flareon, or Vileplume. Although Nidoking is a strong Pokémon, I would also replace him OR Raichu for the type you did not replace Butterfree with. Although I do prefer Nidoking, Raichu and Butterfree, I tend to find that when you are elemntally oritented, you have more of a chance against strong teams and more of a chance of a critical hit. Finally, your Blastoise looks brilliant. The only thing I would change there is Bite. It is a strong move I like to use but I feel there are stronger attacks out there it could have. Your movesets look fine, apart from Pidgeot's Quick Attack; I recommend you replace that for a stronger move.

Other than that, I like your choice of Dragonite; on Pokemon FireRed, a Dratini is cheap from the Celadon Game Corner Prize Store; or you can catch a stronger Dratini whilst fishing with a Super Rod at the Fucshia Safari Zone, however the Dratini here are very rare. I, too, would use a Pidgeot for the essential fly but I guess you could also use your bike to travel cities; still, a Pidgeot is a strong Flying-type Pokemon I find essential in some of my teams.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I have another EV question cause this is seriously tickin' me off, i have been EV training again and to test if it was working i used a rarecandy while its experience bar was 3/4 full. The stat went up by +7. Then i restarted since i didn't want to use a rare candy, and continued fighting the same pokemon to increase the Ev points. and i saved before i grew a level and no matter what i would get +2 now. How does that make sense? Could it be because i got too many EV points that it doesn't display anymore? I checked if with the berries if anything else went up, but nothing did other that the stat i was training for. This EV training is getting me more than mad now since I wasted a whole bunch of time again and could've been doing something better.

What is the problem of this, this time?
    Does catching a pokemon, or flying somewhere mess with your EV points? Does the daycare mess with your EV points? Does putting the pokemon back in the box erase its EV points? If there is no cause then i do have to say EV training is definetly messed up.

Also Does not making my pokemon evolve effects its stats after it does evolve? like if i made it evolve at 30 and its on level 50 by now, would it make a difference if i made it evolve at level 50 instead of 30? Would its stats be the same? {Ev's maxed out on level 20) This is just something i'm making up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    What comes first? Power bands or PKRS

I have a question, when EV training what is added first? Say you fainted a Gengar, would you get 3 EV, THEN 6 [power lens], THEN the x2 PKRS which you'd have 18, OR 3, then x2, then 6 = 12?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Pokerus also applies to boosts from items. So, you would get the points from the Power item, then the total would be doubled because of the Pokerus.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    Ok, thanks, so now EV training will be as quick in a hour or so correct? Training Yanmega.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • As far as I know, though, the formula for power items is (EV + Power Item) x Pokérus, therefore for Gengar:

(3 + 4) x 2 = 14. I know this works because I was EV training on Bibarel (2 Attack EVs) and the foruma gets (2 + 4) x 2 = 12.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    Oh great...I thought the bands gave 6 D: That mean...uh, I used 9 calcium, 90, Currently has 216 [WRONG], How many does it actually have?

NOW 230, WRONG EVs...

I've only fought Gastly.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Gastly yield one EV, so the formula would be: (1 + 4) x 2 = 10. All you basically need to know is, with the appropriate power item and Pokérus, if the Pokémon you defeat yields 1 EV, you'll get 10. 2 gives you 12 and 3 gives you 14.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • In the end, your Pokemon will end up having the same amount of a stat if you give it the same amount of EVs every time. Don't worry about that because the stat will balance out in the end.

For that little situation, I'm unsure of how EVs are distributed or why it's doing that.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • NOTHING messes with your EVs. EVER. The only way to alter your EVs are by fighting enemies, taking vitamins, or eating EV reducing berries. NOTHING ELSE will EVER reduce your EVs.

Just saying.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    If I'm correct, I only have 190 in total right?

230 - 90 [calcium] = 140/[What I thought of gastly] 14 = 10 Gastly
    10x[(1+4)x2=10]= 100+90= 190

I'm using Power Lens.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    NOTHING messes with your EVs. EVER. The only way to alter your EVs are by fighting enemies, taking vitamins, or eating EV reducing berries. NOTHING ELSE will EVER reduce your EVs.

Just saying.

hmm then what happen to all my points? it can't just go up by 7+ and then decide to go up by 2+ all of a sudden ( on the same level ) {used rare candy remember 3/4 of exp. bar then restarted} what could've happened there?

In the end, your Pokemon will end up having the same amount of a stat if you give it the same amount of EVs every time. Don't worry about that because the stat will balance out in the end.

For that little situation, I'm unsure of how EVs are distributed or why it's doing that.

I knew i shouldn't have been so greedy and stuck with the +7 instead of trying to get more. I had a feeling it was gunna screw up. i fought like 15 pokemon after that, when i should've just fought a high level pokemon and get the +7, Ev training is flawed man. lol

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • hmm then what happen to all my points? it can't just go up by 7+ and then decide to go up by 2+ all of a sudden ( on the same level ) {used rare candy remember 3/4 of exp. bar then restarted} what could've happened there?

I dunno. You probably screwed up something. Check how many EVs you currently have (assuming you've been keeping track, which you better have) against your current stats.

Anyway, I just got this Deoxys.

Deoxys-E, Hasty
    HP: 10 - 13
    Att: 27 - 29
    Def: 4 - 9
    SpA: 27 - 29
    SpD: 7 - 9
    Speed: 27 - 29

Should I stick with it? I don't like using Candies to get more exact IV values, as I would like to keep him UT (for preservation purposes).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back