• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrein

Banned
Years
  • Am I the only one that nearly can't touch Ubers? On one side, I just love the Lati@s design and their Dragon-typing, but on thesecond, I just feel like I'm cheating...any empathy?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Am I the only one that nearly can't touch Ubers? On one side, I just love the Lati@s design and their Dragon-typing, but on thesecond, I just feel like I'm cheating...any empathy?

0_o

How can it be cheating or even feel like it when your battling ubers with your own ubers lol ?.

Anyway as Deano said its a really fun metagame (My preferred one by chance) since its REALLY offensive.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/uber_battling

Thats a good link to read if you want to read up or get into uber battling ;).

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Am I the only one that nearly can't touch Ubers? On one side, I just love the Lati@s design and their Dragon-typing, but on thesecond, I just feel like I'm cheating...any empathy?
    Nah, you're not cheating at all by playing in the uber metagame. Because you and your opponent agree to both use ubers, thus... fair game basically. Now if you play ubers and your opponent wants OU, then that's a completely different story.

I, myself, don't play the uber metagame. Adjusting for me is a bit difficult when I'm too glued to OU. But yeah, you should definitely look into it, I hear it's very fun.

Years
  • Lmao, forgotten how to get Crunch on Lucario.

Am I right in thinking I can breed a male Luxray/Floatzel w/ Crunch with a female Lucario or Riolu?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Froslass, it definitely isn't cheating like Ryan said, but I'll also point out that there is a thriving übers metagame currently; it is quite different to standard. It isn't like you're pitting OU Pokémon up against six übers without knowing you're facing them. It's about as much 'cheating' as playing standard instead of UU. Übers is also quite difficult; it isn't the cheap cakewalk everyone envisions for God knows whatever reason. Actions have higher risk in übers and you're also fighting some of the hardest-to-counter Pokémon in the game, so you're not working with perfect Pokémon either. Advice, though: play it on Shoddy. A lot of übers are hard to obtain with good stats without hard work obviously, like, ridiculously hard work, and God knows what you'll be facing on wifi. I assure you a lot of wifi übers players won't just be using 'legitimate' hacks, a lower percentage than standard. 8D;

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
  • hmm, I need some help with damage calc cause I am not good at it. @_@

I have a Jolteon with these IVs

20/18/29/30/31/31 resulting in Hidden Power grass 66. Its got 252 EVs in spd and Sp Atk.

Now on to the question.

Is my Hidden Power Grass 66 able to OHKO a Swampert with 404 hp, assuming it has no Sp.Def EVs and decent IVs?

Im not to sure about it. =/

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • My friend recently traded me a Rash Dratini, which Smogon says can be used on a Specs set. Does anyone know it that set is any good? The set was:
    Dragonite@Choice Specs
    EVs: 64 Att, 252 Sp.Att, 192 Spd
    Rash Nature
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse/ThunderBolt
    Flamethrower
    Focus Punch
    Focus Punch lets it take on Blissey, other moves for coverage and STAB. Is it worth my time to train it? I haven't checked its IVs yet, but it's female, so I can breed it.

Years
  • 252 Jolteon: HP [Grass 66] vs 252/0 Swampert.

Specs/Petaya: 478 (Specs) Atk vs 216 Def & 404 HP (66 Base Power): 420 - 496 (103.96% - 122.77%)
    Life Orb: 414 (Life Orb) Atk vs 216 Def & 404 HP (66 Base Power): 360 - 428 (89.11% - 105.94%)
    Nothing: 319 Atk vs 216 Def & 404 HP (66 Base Power): 280 - 332 (69.31% - 82.18%)

Seeing as it's usually a lead, you can't factor in SR Damage.

My friend recently traded me a Rash Dratini, which Smogon says can be used on a Specs set. Does anyone know it that set is any good? The set was:
    Dragonite@Choice Specs
    EVs: 64 Att, 252 Sp.Att, 192 Spd
    Rash Nature
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse/ThunderBolt
    Flamethrower
    Focus Punch
    Focus Punch lets it take on Blissey, other moves for coverage and STAB. Is it worth my time to train it? I haven't checked its IVs yet, but it's female, so I can breed it.

You could run a Subpunching set. Substitute||Focus Punch||Dragon Pulse||Fire Blast/Roost
    Not sure on the EVs, but something similar to what you listed above.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Nope. Sleep Talk can't let you pick the move it uses, that would be cheap.

I'm running a Substitute Kingdra set with Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Outrage. Standard EVs. Should I give it Leichi Berry, Salac Berry, or Lefties?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    SubDra <333

Kingdra @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    42 HP/252 Att/216 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Outrage
    Substitute

Has been working for me.

Status