• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
Years
  • Well, besides the Hypnosis accuracy drop, she was already hit hard in DP with Salamence, Metagross, Tyranitar, etc. gaining much more powerful moves to slam her with and new, much more powerful threats that she just can't deal with.

What is Hypnosis accuracy nowadays? What are the different forms of Rotom all about?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Apparently, it's 60% (which I just found out right now FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF).

As for the Rotoms, all of the 'forms' have the following stats (50/65/107/105/107/86), are Electric/ Ghost, and have access to a special move (the Oven Rotom, for example, has Overheat).

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
  • Need confirmation on if this is how Gyro Balls base power is calculated.

Say, for instance, I was using a Relaxed natured Zong with 0 IVs and it had a Speed stat of 63 and he was up against a Jolly DDTar with max spd (which means the T.Tar would have a Speed stat of 243).

Now Smogons formula for working out Gyro Balls BP is this: 1 + floor(25 * Target's Speed / User's Speed), where floor means round down.

25 x 243/63 = 96.428571 rounded down to 96 due to floor
    1 + 96 = 97

So 97 is the BP in this case? Also, is this formula factoring in STAB? If not, then the BP would be 97 x 1.5 = 145. 5 = 145BP, right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    What is the most popular set of rules to play by (and what tier)? I'd guess OU tier, but then do people usually play with skarmcressbliss? And what other rules?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • lol SkarmCressBliss. The only one out of those three that's even used anymore is Blissey, I think. Yes, OU is used for standard battles, although there is a UU ladder.

Anyway, rules that are in place for battles:

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokemon on either team may be asleep at a time (excluding Rest, I think).
    Freeze Clause: Only one Pokemon on either team may be frozen at a time (impossible to enforce on WiFi, however)
    Species Clause: You may not have two of the same Pokemon on a team.
    Hax Item Clause: Items that rely on luck, such as Quick Claw, are banned.
    OHKO Move Clause: OHKO Moves, such as Sheer Cold and Fissure, are banned.
    Evasion Clause: Moves that raise evasion, such as Double Team and Minimize, are banned.

And the one that nobody uses:
    Item Clause: You may not have more than one of the same item on a team.

There could be more, but those are the main ones, I believe.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    What is the most popular set of rules to play by (and what tier)? I'd guess OU tier, but then do people usually play with skarmcressbliss? And what other rules?

I' haven't seen Skarm or Cress in forever, and Blissey I've only seen a few times recently. Probably due to Pt.

Mm, OU, it's Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO clause, Sleep Clause, and Santa Clause Timed Battle. There's Species Clause, but I don't battle with that too often because it's meh.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Pt: Platinum
    Timed Battle: Battles are timed, and you have a limited amount of time to make a move (Shoddy Battle only)
    Species Clause: I just explained this on the previous page.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Shoddy Battle. It's an online Pokemon battling simulator that allows you to make a Pokemon team and battle opponents from across the world.

Like WiFi, except you don't have to catch your own Pokemon.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Does a berry such as a yache berry half the damage of the super effective attack?

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Does a berry such as a yache berry half the damage of the super effective attack?

Yes it does.
    "When this Pokemon is hit by a super effective Ice move, the damage is reduced by 50%. This only reduces the damage of the first hit of a multi-hit attack. One-time use."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back