• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • I've been trying to do my own hack for a while now but I have no skill in scripting when it comes to Pokémon...
    I would like to add events in like standing Pokémon and items and also change what people say like Birch and May/Brendan, etc. I have chosen Emerald as my game of choice, also I wanted to know if I can add scenes like Groudon and Kyogre's are but with other Pokémon. If it's possible?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    OK i got the rematch trainer script going with the right text : P (rebattle re-battle script) ROM : fire red

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 0x0 YOUR_TRAIDER_ID 0x0 @see @win
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if true call @second
    msgbox @after
    callstd msg_normal
    end

#org @second
    message @question
    callstd MSG_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT YES
    if == jump @pushy
    jump @pushn

#org @pushy
    message @see2
    callstd msg_normal
    trainerbattle 0x3 YOUR_TRAIDER_ID 0x0 @win
    msgbox @win2
    callstd msg_normal
    end

#org @pushn
    msgbox @after
    callstd msg_normal
    end

#org @see
    = Only the strong may pass !

#org @see2
    = OK lets do this again!

#org @win
    = Your strong ...heehe.

#org @win2
    = Lose Again...

#org @after
    = Ok see ya !

#org @question
    = want a rematch ?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Okay, this is a stupid question, but....

How many pixels do I need to make the Emerald title screen? I assume it's the amount as Ruby and Sapphire, but I looked through a million tutorials and they all seem to skip over that.......

Ah, forgive me for asking such a stupid question >.<'

Well I know how to change the copyright screen, but what I want to do is add a whole 'nother screen before that. One that is like the screen in Mystery Dungeon, if you've played it. It forces you to press "A", so you will likely end up reading part of it first.

Anyway, how would I insert another screen like that?

The GBA screen is 240x160. Always, that will not change, so remember it lol
    Inserting that screen is like inserting a tilemap and tileset, just do that. If you want the key press you'd need asm or C to compile to usable content :D

Years
    • no
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    Hey guys, just a little question... is there any way to make the texts' BG transparent?

you see i color the middle part of the box with red, but the texts still has white BG... any way to switch the palettes so it gets the 1st slot(transparent)?
    el8poz.png

if connected with UNLZ, or palette change with APE... searched it but i cant find the palettes that is being used by the text. even in hex, still couldnt find it.

EDIT: it seems that its connected to the letters' tileset... anybody knows the offsets?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey guys, just a little question... is there any way to make the texts' BG transparent?

you see i color the middle part of the box with red, but the texts still has white BG... any way to switch the palettes so it gets the 1st slot(transparent)?
    el8poz.png

if connected with UNLZ, or palette change with APE... searched it but i cant find the palettes that is being used by the text. even in hex, still couldnt find it.

Even if you changed the palette it wouldn't be transparent. You'd have to edit the text graphics themselves (I believe there are tutorials on changing text graphics, I think diegoisawesome had one on it)

Years
    • no
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    Even if you changed the palette it wouldn't be transparent. You'd have to edit the text graphics themselves (I believe there are tutorials on changing text graphics, I think diegoisawesome had one on it)

ok ok. i'll look up on it! thanks :D

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Simple question, and I'll probably sound like an idiot; but how do I access FSF straight from XSE? The Free Space Finder button is grayed out. I have both applications in the same folder.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2015
    I don't know if there is already a topic regarding this question, but I used the advanced search and couldn't find anything. Is there a tool to alter trainer and pokemon battle sprites in Gold? I've tangled with unLZ while using Emerald, but the source I got it from said it is for GBA games.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    You can use a hex editor to search for a ton of FF bytes (free space)
    Here's HxD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5ypef31rbg922n/HxD Hex Editor Portable.rar
    Basically search for over 1000 FF bytes after 0x720000. Have fun :D

No, I FSF works fine, it's just kind of a hassle to to access it through its regular folder, because I have to close all programs running my ROM (XSE and Advance Map) and then log back onto them, reload my script, etc.

I just need to figure out how to use FSF from the drop-down tools menu in XSE.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
    Years
  • What is the best (and the most up-to-date) tool to reorder the regional Pokedex in Pokemon Fire Red?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back