• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • Is it possible to insert a frame/s for riding a Pokémon in Emerald? I'm working on a difficult 386 and want to know if it can be inserted or take over a bike..
    Pretty easily, just replace the OW sprite on a bike with the hero riding a Pokémon, mitchel1 did it in Pokémon Thunder Emblem for example.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    In Advance Map, when I make a new map, the edges of the map glitch... This will take some explaining...

When I warp in, it is more or less normal... But once I move away from the walls, then come back, the pattern of the floor near the wall is repeated on infinitely where it should be the black void (o' doom®), except of course that I can't walk on it.

Now assume that the map I made is a cave, and at the top of the map I have a cave wall with a cavern door (Ya know? Like a tunnel?) in the center. If I move from this wall, then come back, this wall pattern is repeated across the entire wall, and right into the black void background (o' doom®), continuing on forever and ever and ever... Including the tunnel door... Plus the floor...

So I guess I could have just said that it mirrors my entire map and creeps me out, but there ya have it.

Any thoughts, other than that this is too long to be considered a simple question?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • https://s1373.photobucket.com/user/CosmicBlazar/media/ErrorinMap_zps88941e3c.png.html?sort=3&o=0

I get this error when I enter the building and when I come back out. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

Probably there's a door animation there.

Go to the block editor > Select the the tile that is like that > change the behavior byte and the background byte to '00'

In Advance Map, when I make a new map, the edges of the map glitch... This will take some explaining...

When I warp in, it is more or less normal... But once I move away from the walls, then come back, the pattern of the floor near the wall is repeated on infinitely where it should be the black void (o' doom®), except of course that I can't walk on it.

Now assume that the map I made is a cave, and at the top of the map I have a cave wall with a cavern door (Ya know? Like a tunnel?) in the center. If I move from this wall, then come back, this wall pattern is repeated across the entire wall, and right into the black void background (o' doom®), continuing on forever and ever and ever... Including the tunnel door... Plus the floor...

So I guess I could have just said that it mirrors my entire map and creeps me out, but there ya have it.

Any thoughts, other than that this is too long to be considered a simple question?

So yeah, I'm pretty useless without showing me a screenshot. So can you please so I can understand it more.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Probably there's a door animation there.

Go to the block editor > Select the the tile that is like that > change the behavior byte and the background byte to '00'

So yeah, I'm pretty useless without showing me a screenshot. So can you please so I can understand it more.

xD Yeah I knew I wasn't explaining things fully enough... Probably can't fetch some screenshots until tomorrow afternoon, then I'll throw in the post I had above.. I think I didn't explain it thoroughly, because it doesn't actually have much to do with the doors... It was just an example... you'll see. =D

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Probably there's a door animation there.

I did that and it did not work. I really do not know what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Are the tiles inserted on the last line of the tileset? That's probably your problem just move them up.

This happens when you replace a door tile. The door uses the animation that follows, so since you replaced it it uses the door animation over your new tiles. You should either remove the door animation or just move those last few tiles away from that location in the tileset.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Hello everyone!

My name is Anthony and I am new to not only this webite/forum but also Pokemon Advance Map editor. I did map editing for a number of years for Tibia (an online game) but recently found out about this and couldnt wait to start. However, I am having a problem that is probably under my nose but somehow cannot figure out.

Everytime I edit a map, I cannot test the changed unless I start a new game on my VBA Rom. I have the Emerald Rom,I edited Litleroot town, > saved the file > but when I start up the VBA file, it doesnt recognize that I have made any changes, unless I start a completely new game.

Ive searched up tutorial videos but all of them to the save thing, they say they are going to test the video and cut right to the VBA screen, but I cannot see how they properly saved or loaded the game.

I really appreciate someone taking their time to tell me how to solve this, or even how to save the map editor to the specified VBA game file.

Thank you!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hello everyone!

My name is Anthony and I am new to not only this webite/forum but also Pokemon Advance Map editor. I did map editing for a number of years for Tibia (an online game) but recently found out about this and couldnt wait to start. However, I am having a problem that is probably under my nose but somehow cannot figure out.

Everytime I edit a map, I cannot test the changed unless I start a new game on my VBA Rom. I have the Emerald Rom,I edited Litleroot town, > saved the file > but when I start up the VBA file, it doesnt recognize that I have made any changes, unless I start a completely new game.

Ive searched up tutorial videos but all of them to the save thing, they say they are going to test the video and cut right to the VBA screen, but I cannot see how they properly saved or loaded the game.

I really appreciate someone taking their time to tell me how to solve this, or even how to save the map editor to the specified VBA game file.

Thank you!

1: You shouldn't save in the map you're editing. It'll get stuck in the ram until you reload
    2: You have to reload the rom itself, not press reset. Reset resets what's in the ram. You have to reload the ROM so it's not using an old version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Hi. I have a much more simple question this time, I can't for the life of me find an editor or any way to change the Game Corner Prizes, specifically the Pokemon prizes but preferably all of them. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be really helpful! I did search for quite a while but I couldn't find anything T_T

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hi. I have a much more simple question this time, I can't for the life of me find an editor or any way to change the Game Corner Prizes, specifically the Pokemon prizes but preferably all of them. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be really helpful! I did search for quite a while but I couldn't find anything T_T
    You can just edit the pre-existing script of the people who give out the items in the Game Corner. Open up the middle person's script and change the setvar 0x4001 0x<pokémon id>'s to whatever new Pokémon you'd like as prizes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Is there a list of values for starter pokemon pictures? You know how when you choose charmander in FR it shows a little picture of him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Also, I'm trying to give a torchic in the game but I always end up with ? pokemon instead. I've made sure to use torchics hex number 118.

Edit, so it actually does appear as a torchic in game, but not in the nickname screen.
    Would I have to write special 0x166 0x118?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Also, I'm trying to give a torchic in the game but I always end up with ? pokemon instead. I've made sure to use torchics hex number 118.

Edit, so it actually does appear as a torchic in game, but not in the nickname screen.
    Would I have to write special 0x166 0x118?

If it's the starter pokémon, add a "setvar 0x8004 0x0" command before the nicknaming special, which means that you'll be nicknaming the first pokémon in your party. If it's not, add:
    Code:
    countpokemon
    subvar 0x800D 0x1
    copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
    This won't work if your party is full, though, it'll just get you to nickname the last pokémon in your party.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back