• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • So I made a map, and after a battle, (trainer and wild) the screen stays black when it should fade back to the over world screen. What the heck could be going wrong?

I tested my battle script on another map and it worked fine, so I know it's a mapping problem.
    Sounds like a level script conflict. Do you have any level scripts for the map that causes a "black screen?"
    ----------
    Also, does anybody know how to disable certain moves like teleport from appearing in the menu here:
    -----
    -----
    I changed teleport into a "different attack," but would like to disable the buggy teleporting due to having a different "lastpokemonvisit" from the hacked engine.

Years
  • Okay this is a question for those who are into hacking Generation V, namely BW2. Now I been trying to learn how to do minor things like sprite replacement and what not, and I been wanting to replace the animated Trainer sprites with just static ones and I know that is possible, cuz hackers like RubyCarbuncle were able to do it and I just don't know what to do.

So if there are any Gen V hackers on here, surely there are though seems rare enough given that there are more Gen I-III hackers, can you explain to me how I can replace animated Trainer Sprites with static ones, like how to edit their animation file in Tinke so that the data that reads the animation part is skipped and just shows the static end sprite?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    I'm trying to change the background of my rom with unlz-gba, but when I try to load my rom it says it can not be found. I tried it with a clean fire red rom afterward and it worked though. I noticed the fire red rom had a .pal and a.spr file while my rom hack doesn't. Is this the problem? If so how do I make another .pal and .spr file?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    I'm trying to change the background of my rom with unlz-gba, but when I try to load my rom it says it can not be found. I tried it with a clean fire red rom afterward and it worked though. I noticed the fire red rom had a .pal and a.spr file while my rom hack doesn't. Is this the problem? If so how do I make another .pal and .spr file?
    What do you mean by background? Are you talking about the titlescreen?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    I'm back again with another problem. Sorry. I really do search hard for solutions for these, honest! Anyway, I'm trying to change some trainers now. I have no issues with A-Trainer, it works great. However, I don't think it has support for Custom Move (MrDollSteak's Fire Red Decap and Attack Rombase to be precise). Things like Gen III Suite and GBAPGE have support for editing custom moves, is there any type of trainer editors (and anything else I might need) that have custom support? The only two trainer editors I can find at all are A-Trainer, which is great but like I said has no support, and PET, which is just sorta worse, and also has no custom support from what I can tell... thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    As well as using MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack rombase, I've also used Banjora Marxville's overworld-changing rombase called Pigbag, plus various hacking tools, including Trader Advanced. My hack now crashes when I try to retrieve a traded Pokemon that I have left in Route 5's Day Care centre.

I have been advised that the trading aspect is the most likely problem. Is there a way to correct this, or am I stuck with the in-game trades as originally programmed? (I have tried searching here)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Yes, the title screen is what I am trying to change.

Make sure your ROM isn't open in any other tools at the same time. (A-Map, XSE etc.)

Also try creating a copy of the hack and then trying to open the copy ... sometimes this works for me so

---

Is there any way to do a double trainer battle without the 2 pokemon check? Like is there a way to disable trainerbattle 0x4's 2 pokemon check or something like that?

Also is there a way to manipulate the palette for the groudon orb effect? In emerald it is blue 7C00 but I wanted to change it to red 001F don't know if this is possible I tried looking in the rom already. During the event of the orb effect, the very last row for background palette view is completely 7C00 (normally text colors are listed here). Already tried looking for a hex string of 00 7C 's and found a few and changed them up and yet its still blue... any help would be awesome

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • As well as using MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack rombase, I've also used Banjora Marxville's overworld-changing rombase called Pigbag, plus various hacking tools, including Trader Advanced. My hack now crashes when I try to retrieve a traded Pokemon that I have left in Route 5's Day Care centre.

I have been advised that the trading aspect is the most likely problem. Is there a way to correct this, or am I stuck with the in-game trades as originally programmed? (I have tried searching here)

As I said in the PM, it's probably the script itself.

Also try creating a copy of the hack and then trying to open the copy ... sometimes this works for me so

---

Is there any way to do a double trainer battle without the 2 pokemon check? Like is there a way to disable trainerbattle 0x4's 2 pokemon check or something like that?

Also is there a way to manipulate the palette for the groudon orb effect? In emerald it is blue 7C00 but I wanted to change it to red 001F don't know if this is possible I tried looking in the rom already. During the event of the orb effect, the very last row for background palette view is completely 7C00 (normally text colors are listed here). Already tried looking for a hex string of 00 7C 's and found a few and changed them up and yet its still blue... any help would be awesome

You'll need the two pokemon check, otherwise it'll clone your first pokemon,
    or send out a fainted pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Make sure your ROM isn't open in any other tools at the same time. (A-Map, XSE etc.)

Wow, that worked. I can't believe it was as simple as that. {XD}

I gotta say, I know I ask some pretty newby questions, but you guys are all awesome! I wouldn't be able to have gotten this far in my hack without pokecommunity!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Is there a tutorial on adding tilesets for DNS? I would like toadd some winter tiles and have no idea how.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    I am using unlz-GBA to edit the title screen of my rom, and I need help with something.
    In leaf green what number corresponds to the background, the leaves and the wind?
    I've already figured out witch number corresponds with venusaur and the pokemon logo.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Could somebody tell me why this is happening to my titlescreen? It looks fine in NTME and I'm pretty sure I've imported everything correctly. The only thing I can think of is that there are too many tiles?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    I couldn't find anything when searching for similiar problems. This one is quite specific though...
    So, I am redesigning a town. However, when I change the tiles and movement permissions, there is a bug. The bug functions like this... when you walk out of the town and into route 2, the game freezes. I have no idea why.

Possible reasons could be the tiles, sounds weird though. Perhaps the fact that there is wild pokemon data for the map, but in the process of redesigning the town I do remove the wild pkmn grass. I also moved some NPC's around, even changed the script on one of them, the old guy standing outside the closed gym, but I controlled for that, and only changing his script and movements, avoiding tiles, did not cause the same bug.

If anyone have any inputs on what it is that may be causing this freeze I would be extremely grateful.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I couldn't find anything when searching for similiar problems. This one is quite specific though...
    So, I am redesigning a town. However, when I change the tiles and movement permissions, there is a bug. The bug functions like this... when you walk out of the town and into route 2, the game freezes. I have no idea why.

Possible reasons could be the tiles, sounds weird though. Perhaps the fact that there is wild pokemon data for the map, but in the process of redesigning the town I do remove the wild pkmn grass. I also moved some NPC's around, even changed the script on one of them, the old guy standing outside the closed gym, but I controlled for that, and only changing his script and movements, avoiding tiles, did not cause the same bug.

If anyone have any inputs on what it is that may be causing this freeze I would be extremely grateful.

Are any of the events in Advance Map having the movement behaviour "Look down"? I think one of the "Look down" behaviours causes the map to freeze, simply use a different one or the "No Movement" one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Are any of the events in Advance Map having the movement behaviour "Look down"? I think one of the "Look down" behaviours causes the map to freeze, simply use a different one or the "No Movement" one.

Only one, but its behaviour is set to "Look down" before I edit the map (thus before the bug). The only two behaviours I change is the old man I mentioned which is changed to "Walk around" as well as another NPC to the same setting. It continues to be a mystery to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Only one, but its behaviour is set to "Look down" before I edit the map (thus before the bug). The only two behaviours I change is the old man I mentioned which is changed to "Walk around" as well as another NPC to the same setting. It continues to be a mystery to me.

Could you still try and change that "Look down" though? Also check that you haven't accidentally added any level scripts in the Route 2 map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Could you still try and change that "Look down" though? Also check that you haven't accidentally added any level scripts in the Route 2 map.

Wow, that actually solved everything. I changed his behaviour from "Look down" to "Look down, left and right." (It's the Dream Eater guy, leaving him in there) In fear of ♥♥♥♥ing up there's been tons of backups and tests only changing one aspect of the town. But ever since I changed his behaviour there has been no freeze upon entering route 2. Thank you very much, this community is more helpful than most one encounter. How on earth did you figure out this information? What a random cause of a freeze, hah.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Wow, that actually solved everything. I changed his behaviour from "Look down" to "Look down, left and right." (It's the Dream Eater guy, leaving him in there) In fear of ♥♥♥♥ing up there's been tons of backups and tests only changing one aspect of the town. But ever since I changed his behaviour there has been no freeze upon entering route 2. Thank you very much, this community is more helpful than most one encounter. How on earth did you figure out this information? What a random cause of a freeze, hah.

It might be a problem with AdvanceMap, I don't know, but I just kind of noticed this early when I started using Advance Map. The game won't freeze if you actually use any "Look down" behaviour except the highest one I think. Also, one of the "Hidden" behaviours will cause the game to reset when you enter the map or get close to the hidden sprite, so watch out for that as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back