• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
Years
  • Hey guys.

I didn't get the games yet, but there are three things I would like to know and I can't find anywhere else to ask it...

1- Are there new kinds of Pokeballs?

2- Anybody sent Pokemon from IV Gen to V Gen? If yes, do they have the same Pokeball they were caught in?

3- Do you guys have any idea of where could I find a list of Key Items from Gen V?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • 1 - I don't think so, but I've not really tried looking for new balls, so I might be wrong

2 - Again, I'm not entirely certain on this matter, but I'm under the impression that the pokes that get transferred keep their personal ball, even if it is something like a Heavy Ball or something. Don't quote me on it though.

3 - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80682 <---

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Hey guys.

I didn't get the games yet, but there are three things I would like to know and I can't find anywhere else to ask it...

1- Are there new kinds of Pokeballs?

2- Anybody sent Pokemon from IV Gen to V Gen? If yes, do they have the same Pokeball they were caught in?

3- Do you guys have any idea of where could I find a list of Key Items from Gen V?

1) - Yes, but only one and its the Dream ball for the High link forest.

2) - Probably yes.

3 - Serebii.

Okay now I need help ;-;

How do I trade? wait.

I have wifi and everything what I want to know is who I talk to, and what option do I choose.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What do I do after the ice gym? Cheren and Beru talk to you afterwards, but I have no idea what they're telling me.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What do I do after the ice gym? Cheren and Beru talk to you afterwards, but I have no idea what they're telling me.

You need to go north to the Ryuurasen Tower (just head north from the gym). If you've already done that though, then you need to fly back towards the desert area to the Ancient Tower, that place where all the blue Hihidaruma's are sitting outside.

Hope that helps. =)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with in-game help & translations, ask here next time, please~

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Where can I grind before E4?

I would suggest training near the Elite Four as there's always Pokémon around your level range there. Pokémon in Victory Road have a level range from 40 to the highest being 70 (usually the LV 70's are the water pokémon you battle by surfing) so I would say that would be the best place to train. :)

Good Luck!

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I NEED a Ditto!!! How can I get one?? I haven't gotten the national dex though. I don't want to beat the game yet, I just want to breed some Pokemon. Help!

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • I NEED a Ditto!!! How can I get one?? I haven't gotten the national dex though. I don't want to beat the game yet, I just want to breed some Pokemon. Help!

The only way to get a ditto is to migrate one, which can only be done after the E4

OR to catch one on the wild, after the E4

theres no way to get it before the E4 without hacking.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    The only way to get a ditto is to migrate one, which can only be done after the E4

Someone who has one in Black/White cannot trade it to me pre-Elite 4?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The only way to get a ditto is to migrate one, which can only be done after the E4

Actually, you can get Ditto in the wild after the National Dex in the Giant Hall, out in its plains.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • How to: Wireless battles?

Uhhh...So, I can't read japanese, and I'm trying to do a wireless battle with a friend of mine...And, we can't seem to figure it out.

Can anyone give me instructions? Sahnks ;;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with in-game help & translations beeeccccaauuuse, the wifi section of PC doesn't seem to have a guide (that I can see) to explain how to do so and this thread covers translations and explanations/help, which would be most likely to help you~

Thyplozard

Pokemon Black White Fan
    Years
  • I'm in the 5th gym, and I made an idiot thing, used walk through walls inside there, I fell down beat the leader and the elevator isn't there, what I have to do to back to the surface?

saikkussu

Dedicated Pokemon Collecter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Hey guys. I has a question about the Dream World- Well I successfully synced my black to my account, and played around without problems- but I forgot about it when I decided to make a new game/ save. Since the site is in japanese and I am limited in my knowledge of it- I can't tell from the site's help menu if i need to make a new account or change to a new code or if the code doesn't change with the save file and if i re-sync it the info will update... I figure it might be "make a new account" or "it will update" because I haven't/can't find a way to change the sync code I put in by poking around blindly. I am actively looking for an answer and haven't found one yet- so if I happen to find it first- I will be sure to edit my post and put in the answer for the general public's future reference.

Edit1: Just as i feared. I got a new code when I Synced for the first time. So that means I need to find a way to change it on my account or make a new account- the latter I don't really want to do...

Edit2: I was hoping that syncing a white game and then switching it to be my main would help but as far as i can tell it doesn't.
    Can any one tell me if this says anything about syncing a new game when there is already a previous synced game of the same color?
    This is a screen cap pic from the ID section of the help table provided by the site. Take out the spaces.
    img . photobucket . com /albums/v318/flying_dragon325/iDhelp . jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back