• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    You can't trade back from B/W to HG/SS etc., the language doesn't matter in ths case, you simply can't do it.
    You can only Pokéshift from a 4th generation game of the same language (like already said 2 posts ago) to B/W.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

Yup, because DSi is the one that has region locking. So yes, Black will work, but no, you can't transfer the Pokemon from American Pearl to Japanese Black, because the language must be the same for it to work.

Going to add a smidge of information to this n.n; Although English and US languages are the same, they have to be the same region and not on an R4.

Both have to be the same region and legitimate.

There...there ISN'T? NOOOO!! ;__; That's the thing that annoyed me the most in SoulSilver...there wasn't a very good re-battling thingy. D: How do you re-battle those few other trainers then?

I really don't wanna give any spoilers but...
    Spoiler:

Don't look if you don't wanna be spoiled n.n

Perriechu

Years
    Actually, if you have an Action Replay DSi, you can bypass the region lock, but you won't have access to DSi-exclusive features, like the Live Caster.

And, is it really possible to get English Dex entries? I traded over a Politoed from my English Platinum to my Japanese Heart Gold, then Pokeshifted it to Black and I had no English Dex entry.

Actually the Japanese version have disabled the use of Action Replay's, meaning codes and such won't work, so it's unknown if the American/European versions will do the same D;

Perriechu

Years
    Wow. I never knew that. But, no codes are needed. All that you need to do is put the game in it, select the Action Replay game card, let it start up, then just select "Start Game". Odd, though, as I have seen people using codes through them and it appears that they work.

I mean, you can' even load the game D; after you select "Start game" You'll get the Black screen.

Maybe they were playing a ROM, since they have no problems with AR codes.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't really like the discussion of action replay here, so let's just say the region locking applies to both games on the DSi and leave it at that, yus? :)

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
    For those who are using the Global Link... Do you need to have your computer open when you want ot connect to the website or can you just send it over even if you are not logged in into your global link account?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Pokemon black/white price?

I saw on bulbapedia that the retail price for north america will be 34.99 , but this price doesnt make much scence, especially scince i pre ordered it and it cost 50.84, is the price different anywhere else? im in ottwaw, canada

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merging with simple questions incase anyone else finds any prices or explanations as to why it costs $50 instead of $44 as one of the posters mentioned.

(Plus not much discussion can come from the thread itself if it's just asking for a price).

If you have any further questions about things such as the price, ask in simple questions.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    It's C$44.99 (about US$44.86) at Canadian GameStop/EBGames.

How much is it selling for in Japan? If it's still ¥4,800, you're looking at a US$59.14 price tag.
    The recommended selling price is 4800, but most places sell them for just under 4000 now.
    I mostly see 3800~3900 yen.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I'm not sure about DS game prices, but from my experience on buying Xbox 360 games, it's actually cheaper for me to import foreign games than buying them at stores.
    I guess its just Japan and its ridiculous price tags.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Meh I posted this as a thread but I think coming here would be better.

I have an R4, and Pokemon black on it.I have obtained the C Gear but when it acitvates, it freezes the game with the music still playing.Anyway to fix this?

Perriechu

Years
    Meh I posted this as a thread but I think coming here would be better.

I have an R4, and Pokemon black on it.I have obtained the C Gear but when it acitvates, it freezes the game with the music still playing.Anyway to fix this?

Pokemon Black/White on R4's are very buggy. There's always one problem or another, your lucky you got yours to work D;

Best bet is just leave it and by the game :|

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    I heard from a friend at school that B/W are expensive.

I know these seems a bit hard to answer but how much would it cost in Bahraini Dinars?

I remember when I bought Soul Silver it costed 29 BD and Platinum costed 18 BD

1$ = 0.376 BD

I have bad math though. What if the price differs?

Sorry I'm really urgent I know this is the Simple Questions thread.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    I heard from a friend at school that B/W are expensive.

I know these seems a bit hard to answer but how much would it cost in Bahraini Dinars?

I remember when I bought Soul Silver it costed 29 BD and Platinum costed 18 BD

1$ = 0.376 BD

I have bad math though. What if the price differs?

Sorry I'm really urgent I know this is the Simple Questions thread.
    Well Normally the game runs $40 here if i'm not mistaken, and divide .376 into it(if thats the right way) and 108 BD comes out of it,though it cant be right since your prices for SS and Platinum are lower by more than half.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    I have a few questions.

1. Recently I registered to the Pokemon Daisuki Fan Club and to the Pokemon Global Link site. However, I forgot that Mac users are supposed to have at least OS X 10.5. I have 10.4. Still, I didn't have any problems registering. Will I be able to do all this with 10.4 after all?

2. Can I access the internet on my Pokemon White on the go? (I have a US DS Lite and a Japanese Pokemon White) It appears I need to have an access point for where ever I am, and this could become quite difficult if I am going to various places, since I have to put in info for each location and only have 3 access point slots even so.

3. Yesterday I tried to access my game's Wi-Fi Game Sync while at my church and tried to select one of the 3 offered sources at picked up on. The first had a full strength green meter and a gray lock sign. The second had a full meter but a red sign, so I wouldn't be able to access it without a WEP code. The 3rd had a gray sign but a dead meter. I choose the first, but I kept getting the same message. It read something like "アクセスポイントの設定はDS本体を対応していません", which I think basically means it couldn't match my DS with the location's access point settings. This doesn't make sense to me and I don't know where to take it form here.

4. I want to be able to access the Wi-Fi giveaways, like the on-going egg promotion. However, I really can't figure out how to do this. I thought maybe I'd access the Wi-Fi option of my C-Gear. I went to the Game Sync option. I get a Wi-Fi connection at my house with no problem. However, the only option it gives me is to put a Pokemon to bed. Why? How do I access the giveaways and the like?
    EDIT: Figured this one out myself. I have to choose the Mystery Gift option at the game's load menu. :)

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Ok so the answer here is going to make it or break it on the games for me so please answer honestly!
    I know the angle is different from other pokemon games in big cities (or is it in the whole game?), so my question is: Is the "3D angle" as bad as it was in HG/SS? If you dont understand the question load up HG/SS and go on a roof (Goldenrod department store, celadon building, lighthouse) and then look at your character's feet. It looks like they are floating not walking!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back