• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
  • Hurray! XD I finally managed to caught all the Regis in my Emerald and transfer them into my Pearl. Now I´m heading into the Sowpoint City to catch that RegiGigas and soon I have one more legendary with my ID. ^^

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I finally beat the Platinum E4 last night! My party was; Crobot, Rotom: Cut Forme, Glaceon, Haunter, Togekiss and Raichu.

Years
  • My Hitmonlee is now fully EV'd and I've just gotta level him to 53 to get Close Combat and then he's complete and I can battle with him. Right now he's level 45 and I'm training him just outside the Resort Area.

Hitmonlee @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Ability: Limber
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Sucker Punch
    -Blaze Kick
    -Close Combat
    -Bullet Punch

Sounds good to me. :D

After Hitmonlee is finished I plan on either EVing a Hypno, Salamence or Charizard. I need a few more physical walls though, so I have to take a good look around.

Actually... I've gotten the Battle Arcade and Hall silver prints, I think I'll use Hitmonlee, Ludicolo and Heatran to do some Battle Tower.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I haven't done much seeing as I have been busy this weekend. However, I did get to reach the Master Rank in contests in Pokémon Pearl.
    Since I've never lost the Normal Rank or Great Rank contests before in the Sinnoh Region, I beat those two simply. I almost lost at one point, but I kept up my winning streak. I had then entered my Togepi in the Cute Ultra Rank contest and lost as I failed in the Dressing Part, and partially the Appeal Part. I decided to feed my Togepi some more poffins that would level up cute more, and then I teached it some new moves. Afterwords, I entered the Ultra Rank contest again and won. Now we're are facing a tough rank that I've never been able to beat in Pokémon Pearl before.

Before I enter the Master Rank contest and see if I can beat it, I am going to be training a little bit more. I would have Ev'd my Togepi, but I decided not to.

That's all I've been doing recently, but hopefully next time, I'll be doing some more things in the game.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I pretty much just finished EVing my Mr. Mime. I tested it in the double battle Tower, just for the heck of it. It seems to do pretty well with my others. I can't wait to get a Seedot to start EVing for a Shiftry.

Years
  • just got to victory road! about to stock up on potions, revives and repels, then heading in for some training. all my pokemon at the moment are around level 50 :]

Rosepuggins

Master Trainer
    Years
  • Been traveling around Sinnoh catching the water Pokemon newly made available, with the super rod I recently obtained in Diamond. Decided to hunt Febas since I was in the right area, so switched out my low-level attack Poke for my L. 37 Drifloon, who has De-fog (the rest of my party: L. 63 Bibarel, L. 70 Murkrow, L. 68 Machoke, L. 68 Pacharisu, L. 53 Blissey). I used the strategy suggested on this site (but checked the tiles to the side of me, too, instead of just the ones in front), and found one of the correct tiles on my fourth "step" in the water. Imagine my dismay when I hauled in a L. 15 Febas and had no Pokemon weak enough to capture it! Instead of lowering its HP, I used De-fog to lower its evasiveness, had Blissey put it to sleep, and caught the danged thing with a plain ole Poke ball on the first try -- and it with a full green HP! (I'd been catching creatures with high-yellow HP with good success by lowering their defense with Tail Whip, but didn't expect this to work.) This worked so well I never went back to retrieve my low-level attacker, and continued to hunt newly available Pokemon. The only one I've had trouble with using this strategy (so far) was a Swellow who kept using Double-Team -- quite an impressive show of wing-fluttering, might I add lol.

Note: I didn't use any repels ($$$!) and used an old rod to locate the correct tile, then switched out to a super rod for the capture after I made the first Febas faint. (The old rod only catches Magikarp and Febas, eliminating attacks by Gyarados with their irritating Intimidate.)

Still verifying my Point-man Type-Vulnerability hunting strategy with excellent success. Stopped in Pastoria's Great Marsh for a Carvanah (caught it) and decided to hunt the previously unseen poison-types there so as not to waste the trip. With my Bibarel in the lead, I didn't scare up anything but Bibarels and Starlys. I switched out to my Machoke (who's vulnerable to poison), and immediately was attacked by three different poison types in a row. Since I hunt for specific creatures, this strategy really cuts down the time I spend in the field looking for Pokemon who rarely appear. (From experience I've deduced that Pokemon in the field can know what item your point-man carries, know which type they're battling against and switch strategies accordingly, and can discern your lead Pokemon's type, avoiding a confrontation they might not win.)

All in all, an excellent day hunting -- 15 new recruits captured yesterday, including the elusive Febas! :-]

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished training for the elite 4, I've decided to catch Dialga and Palkia after I beat the elite 4.
    Currently training a zubat, hopefully I can evolve him into Golbat and then to Crobat before july.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Just beat the E4 Riolu is now lv 100, will finish up stark mt stuff, then trade Riolu to my collection game Diamond then start a new run on platinum

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I've spent the last week hunting a shiny Shinx with the pokeradar with absolutly no luck at all.
    I've also been training my Nidoking and my Electabuzz in order to get them to lvl 100. At the moment their in the mid 60's.
    As well as training i've been breeding a few pokemon. (Mainly my Hoenn starters). I currently have about ten of each so i need to go to a hotspot or my friends in order to trade them off.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Finished the stark mt stuff and beat jupiter+mars up there then got to heatran , defeted it, went to spear pillar defeated dialga + palkia so now my riolu run is finished will start my new plat challange tonight, I tell tommorow what challange it will be

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I restarted Platinum last night. Why? Well, this time I wanna use different pokemon since my sister left her DS here and I ca now trade with my Diamond to get an Electivire. I traded all my pokes + items to Diamond, it took so long! If only the trade sequence wasn't so long. >:(

Anyways, in platinum I chose Chimchar since I've had Turtwig for the last two attempts, wanted something new. Caught a Shinx and Starly as fillers until I encounter my dream team. :P

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I did some random stuff today in Platinum. I'm going journal-mode, 'cuz I'm lazy like that..

-Won 3 Passho berries in Scratch off cards (wish they were Payapa berries).

-Rounded my in-game team to level 64.

-Posted REALLY random Box Data.

-Won an Ultra Ball in the Lottery.

-Got my French Feebas's Beauty up pretty far. Going to start EVing it, because of a good nature.

-Watched some random Battle Video.

Back