• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Virgil Hunter

Things never work out -_-''
Years
  • Finally convince my Bro to give me an Eevee Egg... Now to hatch it.

Still in Sandgem town... Cause I've been training...

Current team:
    Chimchar (Blake) : Lvl 8
    Starly: Lvl 3
    Shinx (Ryuken) : Lvl 6
    Eevee Egg

Hoping to raise them to Lvl 10 before I get out of Jublife city at least.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • Wow, it's been a while!

Since my last post, I've defeated the Elite Four after some serious grinding and achieved the National Dex - now to fill it up!

I found that Lithium, my Lucario, was actually not helping my team very much, so I had a flick through the pokédex and did a few trades while I decided on a sixth team member, and Sodium the Salamence found her way onto my team. It took me a few hours to train her up so she was equal with the rest of my team, but it was worth it, and she's now my favourite pokémon to take chaining with her diverse moveset.

I also have EV trained 3 pokémon for the battle tower, and will finish that team when I find an attack-boosting power item. It consists of Bastiodon, Dunsparce and Kidoking, and made me very happy and accomplished when they were finished training, and they're being levelled up in my Diamond game now.

Now onto chaining. Well I decided I wanted my own shiny, and have chained Castform (a hell of a lot), Dunsparce, Spoink, Hondour, Doduo and Slakoth, and haven't got a single shiny to show for it. *sigh* Now I'm chaining Pinsir - I shan't hold my breath!

Team:-

Sodium, Salamence, Female, Rock Smash/Flamethrower/Zen Headbutt/Dragonbreath
    Flameéd, Combusken, Female, Ember/Quick Attack/Peck/Focus Energy (@EXP Share for 'dex fills)
    Propane, PorygonZ, Ice Beam/Psychic/Signal Beam/Thief
    Carbon, Charizard, Male, Heat Wave/Fly/Defog/Cut
    Lutetium, Leafeon, Male, Magical Leaf/Dig/Aerial Ace/Strength
    Ethanol, Empoleon, Male, Surf/Waterfall/Rock Climb/Earthquake

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    I was shocked to find out that Fantina is the third gym in Platinum instead of the fifth like in Diamond. So I trained like crazy for a week until my selected team for the battle was kissing level 30 then I found almost the entire gym is in the low twenties...

That's a nearly two weeks of my life I ain't getting back.

Current Team:

Rosier(Kirlia) Lvl 29
    Blank(Lopunny) Lvl 31
    Grey(Eevee) Lvl 30
    Quin(Quilava) Lvl31
    Guppy(Togetic) Lvl31
    Sitrus(Roselia) Lvl30

I never thought that a Togetic could be so useful then again I never spent enough time with a Togepi to evolve it...and The Lopunny turned into a speed demon (87 speed points!)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Got back last night, my team after beating Candice's Gym was as follows (Wrote down the pokemon and the levels);

Empoleon Lv46
    Rapidash Lv48
    Electrvire Lv46
    Gallade Lv46
    Murkrow Lv45
    Snover Lv36

Currently i have just entered the distortion world and this is how my team is now;

Empoleon Lv48
    Rapidash Lv48
    Electrivire Lv47
    Gallade Lv47
    Honchkrow Lv47
    Abomasnow Lv44 (still training)

UPDATE: Just beaten Volkner (8th Gym), my team is as follows;

Empoleon Lv49
    Rapidash Lv49
    Electrivire Lv50
    Gallade Lv49
    Honchkrow Lv49
    Abomasnow Lv49

I'm waiting for my nintendo usb wi-fi dongle to arrive before i do much else.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    Just had my Gabite hit Level 48 and evolve into a Garchomp and it now has the highest Attack of any of my team, 152. Not moving out of Iron Island till all five of my Pokemon hit Level 50.

I like to overtrain a bit when taking on Gym Leaders so I am prepping for Byron even though I have an Infernape. ^_^

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Got through Victory Road, just training my team as much as i can before i battle the elite 4, i'm also waiting for my wi-fi dongle to arrive before i challenge them (hopefully it will arrive tomorrow), my current team is as follows;

Empoleon Lv54
    Rapidash Lv53
    Electrivire Lv53
    Gallade Lv54
    Honchkrow Lv53
    Abomasnow Lv53

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • lost to the elite 4 (wi-fi dongle still hasn't arrived), currently training with the vs seeker and at victory road, my team is as follows;

Empoleon Lv56
    Rapidash Lv55
    Electrivire Lv55
    Gallade Lv54
    Honchkrow Lv56
    Abomasnow Lv54

i'm trying to raise them to about level 60-62 (or 58 if i battle the elite 4 repeatedly till i win)

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I woke up. I figured out that my team lost the Pokerus, so I hopped in a time capsule to ten days ago and got them sick again. Is that cruel?

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • just beaten the elite 4 on my second try, cynthia's team gave me the most trouble, i struggled to knock out Garchomp (ended up with two pokemon left), Lucario gave me even more trouble, i used ice punch which froze it but his hp was in the red so Cynthia used a full restore and restored it to full health (grrr lol), i healed my Electrivire (knows ice punch) and used ice punch twice, this froze Lucario again so i used the opportunity to revive a few of my pokemon, during this reviving session hail took damage each turn from both me and Lucario (i had used Abomasnow on Garchomp), I healed Electrivire again and Lucario thawed out with very little hp, it used extremespeed and took away nearly half of my hp, the hail knocked Lucario out, Togekiss was sent out and i healed Electrivire again, i used Thunder Punch twice and knocked it out, Roserade was sent out which i easily knocked out with my Rapidash and Flare Blitz, anyway my team is as follows;

Empoleon Lv59
    Rapidash Lv57
    Electrivire Lv57
    Gallade Lv56
    Honchkrow L57
    Abomasnow Lv56

I have also seen all 210 pokemon i need for the sinnoh dex (4 missing, 1 popped up in Cynthia's team)

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • I am planning to begin a restart, going through the game with but one Pokemon. I don't know which, though. I'll need to use my AR to start, though, since I have considered both Mightyena and Beedrill.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • My friend made a fan event pokemon for me (Jolteon with Surf. In Cherish ball. 'A fateful encounter'.) The date the card was received was September 21, 2009 (my birthday) so after that, I'm going to be giving it out to my friends who play pokemon./ xD

Trained my Jolteon to level 80.
    Bred tons of pokemons for trade.
    Beat the elite four a couple more times (total so far: 24)
    Tried to chain Sneasel but broke the chain at 19.
    Tried to chain shinx but broke the chain at 10. twice.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • Trained my new totodile to a feraligatr, which is now the toughest pokemon on my team.
    Currently doing the 8th gym but its taking forever D:

Current Team
    Croabt-lv49
    Feraligatr-lv50
    Umbreon-lv49
    Giratina-lv48
    Luxray-lv48
    Gallade-lv48

Mingo

Event hunter!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    i just got a bagon with hydro pump and dragon dance :) and now heading of to GTS to see if i can get some good pokemon :)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I am currently at the battle zone, i am going to trade my pokemon across to diamond as soon as i find it and start a new game, this time picking turtwig or chimchar, i might use platinum to trade the other two starter pokemon across;

my team at the moment is;

Empoleon Lv62
    Rapidash Lv61
    Electrivire Lv60
    Gallade Lv60
    Honchkrow Lv60
    Abomasnow Lv60

Started new game, just at the point where i pick a starter, i am going to choose between turtwig and chimchar as i had piplup on my other game.

Planning to catch a starly as early as i can

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • just going through eterna forest, my team are as follows;

Monferno Lv20
    Staravia Lv20
    Budew Lv20

my wifi dongle has arrived for my pc too so once i get my friend code i can trade and battle etc

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Ha ha, after several tries, I have finally done it! I have managed to level the entire Elite 4, with Porygon2 alone! Here are Porygon2's statistics, in case you were curious:

PORYGON

Lv. 100

Nature: Modest

HP: 331
    Defence: 234
    Sp. Atk: 294
    Sp. Def: 210
    Speed: 189

Ability: Trace

Move Set:

Psychic: PP: 14/14
    Tri Attack: PP: 10/10
    Recover: PP: 10/10
    Discharge: PP: 15/15

Virgil Hunter

Things never work out -_-''
    Years
  • After 2 days training I got and beat my Rival on Diamond. Eevee hatched on the way as well.

So far my team consists of;

In team

Eevee ~ Virgil = Lvl 8

Computer:

Chimchar ~ Blake = Lvl 8
    Shinx ~ Ryuken = Lvl 8
    Starly ~ Starly = Lvl 9

I did use all of them to beat my Rival. =P

Gonna Train Eevee a bit more on Route 203 till he's Lvl 15. Then I'm gonna get the rest to Lvl 15 and then try and beat Roark... (Yeah right >.> )

Back