• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
Years
  • I originally planned to get soul silver, but I checked up on the exclusives, and Heart Gold has the one I want. Groudon and Kyogre are both cool, so I don't mind only being able to get Kyogre. I think that you can get both Ho-oh and lugia like in the originals.

Version I'm getting= Heart Gold

Years
  • I'm getting Soul Silver.

Gen II were the only games I never played. My brother had gold and my sister had crystal. I guess it's kind of silly, but I figured I should get silver because of that.

Years
  • I always get bot but I am sending one to my boyfriend, and it will be Soul Silver. Which means I am keeping Heart Gold.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • :O I'm the 1,234th voter. I'm getting SoulSilver, I think Lugia is far more awesome than Ho-oh (especially in its HGSS sprite). My friend is getting HeartGold, so if I need an inaccessible Pokémon, I can just trade with her. Her sister has SS, and she trained her Cyndaquil so high that before she was finished with THE FIRST ROUTE, it was unevolved at Lv. 35.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
  • HG, cause gold was the first pokemon game i ever owned. I did play red and blue but they weren't mine. Aww man i just cant wait untill march 14th!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I actually got the Japanese version of Soul Silver for my birthday (My grandparents went to Japan right before, so they were kind enough to actually get me a copy) and I must say, it really lives up to the original games. I'm not sure if it's "better" but it's definitely as good as. Very enjoyable to play, all of the old things I loved about it are back and the new features are amazing. I love how they incorporated the 3-D engine even more than Platinum, and the pokemon following thing is love.
    Now I'm getting both in English (I just love to give Nintendo my money. LAWL.) I'm not really sure why... I just... I dunno. I want to be able to play soul silver in English as well. Silver was my favorite over both gold and crystal. It's just something weird with me, I guess.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm actually tight on money this year...so I'm only getting the English HeartGold since my grandmother got me the Japanese SoulSilver. Maybe I'll enjoy it more when I can read what's going on?

NAGATO

(>^-^)>
    Years
  • I still have two silver games which i still play time to time along with my crystal, so i reserved heartgold cause i never played the original gold and never had a ho oh before >> Breaking the chain of norms i guess.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I'm getting Heartgold because Gold was the only gen II game I played and all my friends are getting Soulsilver.

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
    Years
  • im getting heartgold. i had both gbc games. but i played gold more. there pretty much the same just different pokemon to catch. plus ho-oh rules well they both rule i just like ho-oh more.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I'm not sure. I was set on HG for a while but my boyfriend told me he wants HG and sort of wants me to switch to SS. :\ Right now I have a preorder on HG but I can always switch it to SS.

Back