• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So...what level is pikachu

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    We all know pikachu (i hope) ashes partner since the beginning, during that time weve seen everyone he has beaten, yet he still struggles with some pokemon. What level could he possibly be?

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    He should be around 86 why that number because its higher then the 2nd poster :) Yet he still gets his but kicked by lvl 3-60

Ayselipera

Pikachu mostly faces Team Rocket and they probably don't give the best experiance. I feel like he might be in his high 40s or low 50s.

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
    That's a really good question...
    Well I haven't watched the show in forever but it's been going on for a long time so maybe like, lvl50 - 60?

Gosh this is mind boggling when you think of all the other pokemon that have been there forever!
    What levels are they!
    *brain overload*

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Its level is... OVER 9000!

Just kidding.

I don't know. The anime mentions the existence of levels quite a few times but it doesn't go much deeper. It's probably level 75-80 or something. But then again, he did lose to Paul's Elekid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    No. See, every time Ash goes to a new region, he finds another Pikachu to replace his old Pikachu. This is why Pikachu always seems to be back at Level 5 whenever he starts his journey.

That is quite the good question. Perhaps they just decide to bring Pikachu back down to level 5, so he doesn't go around bombing everything in the new region? The anime is a bit silly sometimes. I mean, we could always say that there aren't any levels, but during the first Pokemon League, Bulbasaur was fried by Electabuzz because apparently Electabuzzes level was much higher (according to Brock).

If the Anime wasn't being silly, probably mid-70s, at least.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Who knows it may even be over lv 100? XD

Its maybe well over 80 or even 90.

Years
    I REFUSE to believe that pikachu is lower than LV 225. But his stats are so horrible, that it would make magikarp look like god.

I say in the 60's. But hey, what Pikachu do YOU know can thunderbolt a Rhydon and actually hurt it?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I REFUSE to believe that pikachu is lower than LV 225. But his stats are so horrible, that it would make magikarp look like god.

I say in the 60's. But hey, what Pikachu do YOU know can thunderbolt a Rhydon and actually hurt it?
    I really don't know one!! lol XD.
    Seriously I don't think he's still crawling at 60's! He really is at 80 or above in my opinion.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I actually he might only be in the 40s maybe 50s since he doesn't battle that often, except against Team rocket's machines and the machines don't give experience

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There aren't any levels in the anime, it doesn't make any sense for there to be as the anime is supposed to be more "real life" than the games. For example, the Pokemon in the anime can dodge and learn to use attacks in ways they can't in the games and they don't have levels because they just grow in strength as they go along, rather than they have set stats, and so levels would be pointless.

The only time levels were referenced was about 10 years ago in one episode, unlike other game functions such as type advantages and abilities which are referenced quite frequently (abilities not as much, but they're being referenced more in DP).

Blazey~

Summer heat all year
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I, for one, agree with the above poster. Besides, Pikachu has had some very sporadic and inconsistent results in his battling career. Take the first pokemon move, for instance. Didn't he electrocute a Golem in that one? What about that time he beat Regice? Sure, Pikachu is extremely powerful, correct? If so, then explain him losing to a Magikarp the following season. Yar!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    By now, it's gotta be at least 100.

It likely decreases when the almighty Plot says Ash needs to lose, though.

Back