• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So...what level is pikachu

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    HE'S LV 1000000000000000!!!!

he's got to be at least in the 60 because didn't he learn thunder somewhere in hoenn

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    oh well since pikachu never takes a k.o anymore lets say he's invincible and he's at
    the level....
    WHATS THE SCOUTER SAY?!!!
    ITS OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!!
    there its been decided

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    There aren't any levels in the anime, it doesn't make any sense for there to be as the anime is supposed to be more "real life" than the games. For example, the Pokemon in the anime can dodge and learn to use attacks in ways they can't in the games and they don't have levels because they just grow in strength as they go along, rather than they have set stats, and so levels would be pointless.

The only time levels were referenced was about 10 years ago in one episode, unlike other game functions such as type advantages and abilities which are referenced quite frequently (abilities not as much, but they're being referenced more in DP).

The anime is nothing like the games this is true
    except in PKMN MD Go Getters out of the gate when squrtle thaught he was up a level But that was based more off the manga I believe

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    There aren't any levels in the anime, it doesn't make any sense for there to be as the anime is supposed to be more "real life" than the games.
    No, there are levels in the anime. Hence how Takeshi is always commenting on how certain Pokémon are on 'such a high level'.​

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No, there are levels in the anime. Hence how Takeshi is always commenting on how certain Pokémon are on 'such a high level'.​
    Yeah, but that's always sounded rather vague to me, like an alternative way to say "that Pokemon looks stronger" but using language from the games to make it seem relevant. :/ They're never training because they want to get their Pokemon up to the next level, their Pokemon don't evolve or learn moves because they got to the right level, they just do randomly because that's the easiest way for the writers to space out evolutions and learn new attacks. Starly evolved about 20 episodes in, meaning that Staravia would be at level 14 there, but Chimchar, even with all of Paul's training, only got to level 16 over 100 episodes in. They explain other game functions over and over again, but the significance of levels are never explained in the anime and they don't really seem to be there at all.

Even if levels aren't supposed to be exactly the same, then there's the whole thing with how Pokemon can suddenly get stronger just because they were encouraged, if their power is just based on their level. Levels kind of just seem too mechanical for the anime and it just seems way too flawed, so even though Brock mentions them, they're nothing like they are in the games and so it's pointless to guess what level Pikachu is supposed to be at. I think, anyway?

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Pikachu first used Thunder in Episode 42, "Showdown at Dark City!" (the one with the rivaling Yas and Kas gyms).

Pikachu learns Thunder at level 45.

Therefore, after all these years, Pikachu should have definitely maxed out its level (100). However, even Lv 100 Pokemon can still lose, especially Pikachu with its sub-par stats. It doesn't even have a Light Ball...

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    i don't think pokémons from the anime actually have levels, Ash's kingler won against someone in the indigo league on his first fight! i just guess that in the anime they are all around the same level, there's just some pokémons in better shape than others.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    it has to be lower than level 40.

for some reason, his levels are reset every time a new season starts or ends.

the way he lost to elekid, pitfull. why doesent ash just evo him yet?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The anime is self-contradictory on a lot of things levels and wheter Pokemon levels exist in the anime is one of the topics it contradicts itself on

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The orenge leauge champion said that pikachu was at a high level but he probly ment uhhh.... exp or somthing....?

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i don't think pokémons from the anime actually have levels, Ash's kingler won against someone in the indigo league on his first fight! i just guess that in the anime they are all around the same level, there's just some pokémons in better shape than others.

Ash's Krabby probably levled up a lot against Mandi's Exeggutor, we don't know what level Ash caught it at. The intensity of the battle made Krabby evolve into Kingler, that takes into effect as well and Kingler is a well rounded pokemon to win battles, especially in water.

There definatly has to be some sort of leveling but Ash does use Pikachu a lot and I think the writers are trying to point out that it is not unbeatable. In pokemon battleing in real life/anime other things are taken into account for then the level. You are physically battling so anything can happen.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    This topic comes up from time to time between joi... I mean between episode discussion topics...

Let's see... Based on the now-proven Level Resetting Rule, the Regional analysis, taking into account how many badges Ash has, factoring that he hasn't beaten Paul ONCE... I'd say probably mid-40s. Either that, or everything magically matches Pikachu's level.

In pokemon battleing in real life/anime other things are taken into account for then the level.

You shouldn't compare Pokemon to anything resembling a real world scenario. Not really the best idea. In any real world scenario, Pokemon Battles would be outlawed in many countries (including the US and Japan).

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    I think level's have practically become obselete in the Anime. In the Indigo League season they were referenced alot, especially during that episode with the school in (I forget the name). However as it's gone on so long level's would have become so sky high it would be rather ridiculous. They seemed to have liked, phased them out or something.

KingAlex

._.
    Years
    I say...

He ends up at Level 100 at the end of every region...

But when he enters a new region...

He's reset to level 5.

I mean, really, how would he have a hard time VS some Pokemon Gyms in Sinnoh if he was at Level 100?

Back