• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So...what level is pikachu

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    The level doesn't matter. Because Pikachu somehow can manage to lose to a Magikarp (remember the B Button League?).

As well as Gary's Eevee. Pikachu's a glass cannon, meaning that it can beat Dragonite and Regice but still get mauled by a magikarp. Pikachu has base 35 HP and base 30 defenses. Deoxy-A has base 50 HP and base 20 defenses.

Ninjask<Deoxys-A<Electivire<Magikarp<<Pikachu<Rampardos

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
    Years
    There aren't any levels in the anime, it doesn't make any sense for there to be as the anime is supposed to be more "real life" than the games. For example, the Pokemon in the anime can dodge and learn to use attacks in ways they can't in the games and they don't have levels because they just grow in strength as they go along, rather than they have set stats, and so levels would be pointless.

The only time levels were referenced was about 10 years ago in one episode, unlike other game functions such as type advantages and abilities which are referenced quite frequently (abilities not as much, but they're being referenced more in DP).

People like this really annoy me, you know, the ones that think they know everything but are too stupid to actually pay attention to what the people are actually saying in the anime? I haven't watched much of the anime myself but i have started watching the first season again recently and there are numerous referrals to levels. In episode 9, School of Hard Knox, Season One a young boy at a Pokemon private school talks about What moves Pidgey learns and at what level, and at what level it evolves. If i recall correctly, in Johto, Pikachu is examined and is aparantly Level 81. Brock also refers to levels every now and again so if you ask me Pikachu would be atleast over level 100. I know that in the games this isn't possible but this is the anime for gods sake, anything is possible.. and by that i mean anything, thats why Pikachu is such a high level but still looses battles to lower leveled Pokemon.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Pikachu loses battle because Pikachus in general have crap HP. That's why they should be evolved into Raichu after lvl 36. Of course, Ash's Pikachu seems to be some legendary god Pikachu that has been IV and EV trained to the 12th power.

Yeah, Pikachu's probably level 100 or 90s.

Years
    id say seventy one. just because in each region, i think the pokeon gain 20-30 lvls. so 30x4=120
    then, but then, just to keep this below 100, i will subtract 20 lvls for each "spin-off" season (battle frontier, orange islands)

so, 120 - 40 = 80. haha, just add 1 lvl, because pikachu is awesome like that, and you get the level of Red's Pikachu =D
    ash is reds counterpart, so it all makes sense =D

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Perhaps there isn't an actual levelling system for the Pokemon in the anime series? So that way Pokemon just evolve when they have "grown up" enough and Pikachu has either not grown up or Ash has asked him not to evolve?

Wrong i remember in ep 14-16 one of those
    they met a boy in the woods running in a treadmill and boys were asking him
    What level does pidgeot evolve?
    What level does pidgeot learn his special move?

And they were studying on pokemon (Not the card game)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    He probably gets to level 50 - 60 and then when he gets to another region, he goes back to level 10 so he can lose to some more beginners.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I think Vegeta-kun says it best
    So...what level is pikachu

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    The two times Ash held up a Thunder Stone to Pikachu, although not close enough to evolve him were still close enough to give him a slight stat boost, so he's basically a Raichu in Pikachu form. It could also be inferred that Pikachu was exposed to second-hand, or low levels of Thunder Stone radiation at other points without realizing it, so his stats are further boosted at various times.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
    Years
    Wrong i remember in ep 14-16 one of those
    they met a boy in the woods running in a treadmill and boys were asking him
    What level does pidgeot evolve?
    What level does pidgeot learn his special move?

And they were studying on pokemon (Not the card game)

About time someone agreed with me, that was Episode 9, season One.

Back