• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So...what level is pikachu

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    At the point where the anime is now, I really don't think levels apply, nor do I think levels will ever be applied to the anime like it is to the games. It seems that in the anime, there are either times where Pikachu is unnecissarily strong, and other times where it's KO'd by a level 5 Magikarp. :/

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    i know in the anime there are no levels but i should reword it i guess "supposing pikachu has a certain level what would it be"

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Ash's Pikachu is 10. Level, IQ, age, annoyance rating.

The anime is stupid. Pikachu's abilities made sense until they went to Hoenn, then all OHOLYF&#!INGS#!TWTFISTHIS broke loose, and I stopped watching the show.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Ash's Pikachu is 10. Level, IQ, age, annoyance rating.

The anime is stupid. Pikachu's abilities made sense until they went to Hoenn, then all OHOLYF&#!INGS#!TWTFISTHIS broke loose, and I stopped watching the show.

Oh yeah, because Pikachu's abilities were all realistic in Kanto.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Oh yeah, because Pikachu's abilities were all realistic in Kanto.

They weren't, but at the very least the scenarios were plausible. It was at least enough to make sense to a six year old kid. Some of what happened was absolutely ridiculous, but I'm being a bit lenient because at the time the show had just taken off. After two reasons and 10+ seasons, however, there is no excuse for not having some sort of consistency.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    They weren't, but at the very least the scenarios were plausible. It was at least enough to make sense to a six year old kid. Some of what happened was absolutely ridiculous, but I'm being a bit lenient because at the time the show had just taken off. After two reasons and 10+ seasons, however, there is no excuse for not having some sort of consistency.

Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh separately have more plausible moments than Kanto. The age of a show isn't a reason for the amount "plausible moments" a show can have. Also at this point, the show is more consistant than Kanto.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    well in the end of crystal version you go up to the top of this mountain and battle this person called "red" who is suppossed to be ash. his pikachu is level 80.
    but
    in the tv shows after avery region ash completes something happens to pikachu. he gets isck with some electrical overlaod or something. ive always wondered if that makes him lke level 5 again.

pikachu should be like level 300 by now.

Kylix

¬ L_¬
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    So heres my theory, Everytime Ash goes to a new region, the pokemon there and the gyms are much more stronger than the last region, so his pikachu as though as he may be is considered around lv10. Well, that's what I think.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Level 81 in the Johto times

I was going to say the same thing.

I think it resets when he visits every new region. That way its on par with Ash's newer pokemon.

But seriously, if levels DID matter and Pikachu never reset with each region. He'd probably be around the low 90's, high 80's.

:3

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    So heres my theory, Everytime Ash goes to a new region, the pokemon there and the gyms are much more stronger than the last region, so his pikachu as though as he may be is considered around lv10. Well, that's what I think.

That's a plausible theory, but the problem with that is then you'd have to accept that Pokemon levels can exceed 100, which few Pokemon fans are willing to swallow (mainly because of the games). Personally, I'd love to see a Pokemon game where there's no real limit to how powerful your Pokemon can get, but many people wouldn't like it, because everyone loves to min/max their Pokemon, and it just can't be done under those rules (because there'd always be higher levels to attain).

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Ash's Pikachu does not have a level. I look at it this way. It just has exp points, all pokemon in the anime does. More exp they have, stronger they are.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ash's Pikachu does not have a level. I look at it this way. It just has exp points, all pokemon in the anime does. More exp they have, stronger they are.

But... that's the same thing as having a level. Because you're still going on statistics and points. How much real difference is there between experience points and levels? How do you calculate it? What makes it increase? Does he gain more by battling, or by sparring with Ash's other Pokemon? What do they do? How can you tell how many a Pokemon has?

These are things alot of people ask when you bring up anything level-related in Pokemon. People talk more about realism in Pokemon than they do with Final Fantasy VIII.

Years
    In the beginning of regions, a wizard comes and lowers his level to... I dunno, 10.

Afterwards, he's weak and can't battle very well, but Ash is clearly not smart enough to notice, and writes it off as "a new challenge", while Brock, lacking eyes, has no idea what's going on, and agrees with Ash.

Then, the wizard begins to feel bad and follows him around the new region, giving him random bursts of energy, using his magic to make even the most nonsensical "strategies" work.

He then realizes that he's done a horrible thing and inadvertently granted the Pikachu superpowers. This realization usually coincides with the moving to a new region, and the cycle repeats itself.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Id say around 40-50 because it is strong but loses often.

red fraction

solitude is your only friend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    Well it can't be 100 because then it would be badass and kill everything which is NOT acceptable for ash.
    Can't be 50 because then it would still be badass.
    20? getting closer
    15? BINGO.

Cid

Years
    Professor Oak, what does the scouter say about his power level?
    IT'S OVER 9000!

There are 100 different possible answers, and I'm guessing he's still at a low level (IDK, maybe the level where he learns his strongest attack or something?). The reason as to why his attacks sometimes are overly strong is because he always does a critical hit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Pikachu ever exhibit the Static ability? Because if not, Ash's Pikachu probably has a unique ability that makes him do a critical hit when he wants to.

Or maybe Ash catches another Pikachu every time a new season starts.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    You know if you don't count the filler towns, you know the ones that aren't in the game, Ash hasn't really had that many battles with his Pikachu so it could be nowhere near lvl 100

Back