• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Gym Leader Clair:

Dragonair, lv. 37
    Dragonair, lv. 45
    Dragonite, lv. 57
    Kingdra, lv. 60

I think that the level change is too big, then. It'd range from 37 to 60 the way you're proposing it (no duh), - that's a 23-level difference between the Dragonair and the Kingdra.

Anyways. I'm SO pumped right now, it's not even healthy.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I wonder if Lance's team will be diversified. Three Dragonites on the same team is a bit much. A Tyranitar would be painfully awesome.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Major HeartGold and SoulSilver overload today, from insight spoilers to legendaries. The person playing this game is awfully enjoying it from so many images provided. It definitely gave a better insight in the game compared to what was shared over the past few months. I can say, these games will be fair game and many may just enjoy it for the least.

There are a lot of improvements to Gym layouts, cities, and so much more. This remake of sprites is definitely the best I've seen so far, both Pokémon and people. One Pokémon sprite that has stayed within my mind is Eevee, it looks both cute, but it was finally given a tougher look as well.

So far so good though, and the game is keeping me at the edge of my seat all the more.

Geesh 6 pages already!? I really wasn't expecting that information would com eout today but YAY! THIS WILL BE THE BEST REST OF THE WEEK EVER!

I'm a little disapointed that roster's weren't changed but whatever.

To note, so far nothing has been mentioned on a rematch between Gyms and Elites after the main game. However, it still remains a possibility. With this being said, if it were to occur, then I would expect changes in rosters and levels. So, lets wait and see.

I wonder if Lance's team will be diversified. Three Dragonites on the same team is a bit much. A Tyranitar would be painfully awesome.

It's too bad Tyranitar has always been in debate of whether it should be considered a Dragon or not, even if it can be bred with such types as well. Anyhow, just the basic alter in movesets, abilities, items and more will make it all the more challenging in the end, even if there are to still be three Dragonites or so.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Has anybody notice that some of the sprites look a little "sloopy" i guess? Like Miltank and Scyther?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Has anybody notice that some of the sprites look a little "sloopy" i guess? Like Miltank and Scyther?

If by this you mean more slooped to face downward, then it has only been shown for some of them. However, ones line Mareep, Eevee, Gyarados and many more look great to me. I think the personal "sloop" to some of the Pokémon have given them a nice look in spite overall though.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i am LOVING these graphics! i mean, in the video, looking at the old games and BLASTING us in the face with the new games- the comparison is outstanding!
    PS i'm SOOOO loving Olivine!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    If by this you mean more slooped to face downward, then it has only been shown for some of them. However, ones line Mareep, Eevee, Gyarados and many more look great to me. I think the personal "sloop" to some of the Pokémon have given them a nice look in spite overall though.

Crap. I meant Sloppy. But most of them are great like you said. But from the pictures I saw of Miltank, Scyther, and Pikachu.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Crap. I meant Sloppy. But most of them are great like you said. But from the pictures I saw of Miltank, Scyther, and Pikachu.

I wouldn't expect all sprites too be the best, even if most are looking great both in-battle and OWs. Though, for me I wouldn't really categorize it as sloppy as different styles for their posture are being used that before, so with something new the changes come good and bad.

However, on the contrary I really think Scyther's sprite gives him more of a stronger look and Miltank's sprite looks very comforting and fits for the rollout Pokémon. As for people within the game, the Team Rocket Executive Lance definitely gives the gang a new image for me, a stronger image in return that is.

Also to note, I'm guessing by speculation that the Sevii Islands just may not be brought into these games. It is said by Serebii, that Articuno will be found deep within Seafoam Islands and Zapdos will be located just outside the Power Plant in Route 10. However, Moltres has now been moved within Silver Cave, which is located on the boundaries of Johto and Kanto.

Now, it isn't confirmed and there is always that slightest possibility, but by the look of how things are developing with this game I doubt we might get the chance to revisit the Sevii Islands.

Last edited:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • -sigh- I am really hoping they would put the Sevii Islands in as way to include Lorelei this time (also would like to see Agatha but that's more difficult), I really missed not having them in GSC. They can still insert them in other ways but it would have been perfect for Lorelei since she lives in the islands in the Kanto remakes.

Last edited:

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • So, apparently Chuck still has the same line-up. :D
    But his Primape is 2 levels higher:
    [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

His Poliwrath is 1 level higher:

And his gym has been completely redesigned:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • So, apparently Chuck still has the same line-up. :D

The way things look, I believe all the Gym Leader rosters will all be kept the same as the original Gold and Silver besides the fact of new abilities, items, higher and/or lower levels and movesets. However, Chuck's gym looks rather nice as seen from above and I'll be ready to face him when the time comes.

According to Serebii, it seems as soon as one aquires the PokéDex, then trade between DPPt can be made. No specifics revieled, but if so, then I expect team changes for players to be altered and later generation Pokémon to appear later on within the game as a possibility.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • Sqeee!! Jasmine! Sorry....she's my fave. It seems nothing has changed about her. Just the way I like it.

And the new poke-sprites are the bomb-diggity (save for scyther, honestly I think he looks strange). Now all that's left is Price(sp?) and Clair. And Wobbuffets before Blackthorne.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back