• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Spring 2010 release confirmed

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    w00t! Release DATE! And I like the font they used for the logos too.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Would The Japanese Event For HG/SS (Where You Get The Pikachu Coloured Pichu) From The 12th Movie Japanese, would that work on the American/European Version Of HG/SS Too? or would there be separate ways to get them for the English Versions?

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
    Years
    I have a feeling It will be before March 22, which was the date of Platinum, if not, no later than April. I CANT WAIT! Time to start saving! Well I need about 200 bucks if I want a DSi and SS so time to start job hunting!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Would The Japanese Event For HG/SS (Where You Get The Pikachu Coloured Pichu) From The 12th Movie Japanese, would that work on the American/European Version Of HG/SS Too? or would there be separate ways to get them for the English Versions?

More than likely, another Pikachu Colored Pichu event shall be held in the US to activate the in-game event with the Notch Eared Pichu in HeartGold and SoulSilver games. However, if you were to use a Japanese event Pichu in the American copy, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it work as the coding may still be the same for the in-game event. Still however, another Arceus, Jirachi, and Pichu event should be held again in the States prior to the release of the games as well as the 12th movie itself.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I have a feeling It will be before March 22, which was the date of Platinum, if not, no later than April. I CANT WAIT! Time to start saving! Well I need about 200 bucks if I want a DSi and SS so time to start job hunting!
    Considering the Japanese release date, which is one day before Plat came out in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come before or on March 22, 2010.

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
    I notice how it says spring 2010 for the US AND Europe. Does this mean same release date for both? I hope so. But it probably wont. They will probably be a couple of months apart but still in "Spring"

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Nice, I'm surprised how fast this is coming to the USA, i just hope that there isn't a long wait between the US and Europe release, because the long wait between the US and Europe Platinum release was crazy.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    FINALLY!! But I'm just surprised it was announced so early... anyways the logos look nice and the release date is okay I guess. I'll just have to wittle the days away by watching the Japanese gameplay videos on youtube :D

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    It's not that far off. But, its nice to know that they announced it, so we won't have people asking "OMG! When is it relased.-__-"
    Gives me something to look forward to this spring, besides Senior English. -__-
    But, seriously... I like the Japanese Logos' better as well. :/

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    The logo's are really nice.
    But for some reason I prefer the japanese logos.
    Can't wait for it.

I concur. The Japanese logos, in my opinion, look much better. But, if they're going to stick with their 22nd release date, then it won't be until May (just checked the calendar). It'd be nice for a sooner release date, but I can wait as I've been waiting this long for a remake already.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I love the new logos. I want to see more gameplay though, can't wait for the JP release. :)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Why would it take so much time to damn translate? :S
    Anyways, fan translations will probably flow in 2-3 months, along with walkthroughs. And the Johto games are probably the ones I know the most so it won't matter for old school people~

P.S, spring actually means a year from now. Blah.

Uhhh yea, for someone who lives in the Southern Hemisphere you should know that the American and European Spring happens at the same time as our Autumn.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Good. Than I'll have Both games in both English and Japanese in no time.

Being a rabid Johto Fanboy, having two copies of each is no laughing matter.

THIS IS SERIOUS INTERNET BUISNESS.

Back