• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sprites.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'd love customization. Too bad they aren't considering this. At least five sets of clothes, and five sets of hair style would be great enough for now.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • I don't see why it couldn't work out. Maybe something like the DS game "Tony Hawks' Downhill Jam" or "Animal Crossing (Wii/DS/GC)" where you could use the stylus to color your clothing. The better idea would be to store your "outfits" on the system memory, and then either:

A.) You share the default sprite to everyone else, but you can see your unique look.
    B.) Wi-Fi Download of your friends/everyone to your DS system memory and then you can see them too!

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • Food for thought, there!

To MrsNorrington:
    Same here, although I've never thought about choosing from different gen. Characters it would be a nice change, maybe an option of choosing one of those gen. Sprites and then simply changing the hair colour and one item of clothing colour?

In response to Hibaru:
    I don't really think that Infractions and the like are to be spoken about in this thread, so let's just close that right there by saying maybe you accidently posted it in the wrong thread, as Forum Admins are unbiased opinions not prone to 'hating' anybody. So let's just leave that there! Multiple main characters would be very fun! I dislike the female sprite in the upcoming black/white games.

To >Feelings<
    I think what you said would be a great idea, and a small step towards full customization long-term.

In reply to SpawnHyuuga:
    As I've said in earlier comments, they should seriously think about doing product consumer research on here, 'see what the customer' wants, and how they can improve to get a better product rating and increasing buying. I think your idea is a really good one and would be beneficial, it's a shame that none of this will probably happen until, as Rich Boy Bob said, a better developed console is made.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Maybe they could add a simple pallete change ability?
    or at least different coloured clothes for wifi so we can still be the main trainer sprite but be able to be distinguished?
    I hope so!

Wind

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • In response to Hibaru:
    I don't really think that Infractions and the like are to be spoken about in this thread, so let's just close that right there by saying maybe you accidently posted it in the wrong thread, as Forum Admins are unbiased opinions not prone to 'hating' anybody. So let's just leave that there! Multiple main characters would be very fun! I dislike the female sprite in the upcoming black/white games.

Haha! yeah, you're right!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I like the idea, but it won't happen for a while. And I doubt I'll even play after this generation unless it's a bit better than the fourth.

Plus, my first character would be Gold.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
  • You'd think It would be pretty easy to at least change the colors of your character. just select each part as a field.
    Clothes
    Skin
    Hat
    That would seem pretty easy

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    You'd think It would be pretty easy to at least change the colors of your character. just select each part as a field.
    Clothes
    Skin
    Hat
    That would seem pretty easy

That's not the problem. The problem would be they would have to make a new sprite for every conceivable combination of the options. For example say you chose Clothes 1, Skin 4 and Hat 2, they would need to create an individual sprite with that setup. Along with 111, 112, 113 and etcetera. As I said before; this would only realistically work in a game with 3d character models.

Years
  • Which Sprites Will Be Used?

Which sprites do you believe will be used for Pokemon released in previous generations? The battle with Zoroark shows the usage of Platinum sprites,but I believe Heartgold/Soulsilver sprites would look nicer. Which do you think will be used?

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
  • You never know, they may make new sprites again. They do have to make animations for every single Pokemon, after all. :P

Granted, they can always add animations to the older sprites, but still... Also did they make new sprites for the 3 Legendary Dogs? I thought I saw new sprites in the Zoroark preview videos that have been floating around Youtube.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Considering they're changing the aesthetics to battling, my guess is they'll make new ones. They seem to make new sprites for each new game anyway.

SkieTheKitsune

Years
  • That is true. Although that's not usually the case with remake games, like Emerald. (or HeartGold and SoulSilver for about the majority of the Pokemon from Gen3 onward :V)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • That is true. Although that's not usually the case with remake games, like Emerald. (or HeartGold and SoulSilver for about the majority of the Pokemon from Gen3 onward :V)
    A lot of the Gen III/IV Pokémon got new sprites between D/P and Pt/HGSS. Since Platinum came out a year before HG/SS came out (in Japan) they probably didn't see any point in remaking sprites they literally just remade.

SkieTheKitsune

Years
  • I know, I assumed that would be the reason. It would seem like a waste to re-make all those sprites, right? :3

Also, now that my own question was answered, I think I'll go check out that video again, now I'm kinda curious.

Years
  • A lot of the Gen III/IV Pokémon got new sprites between D/P and Pt/HGSS. Since Platinum came out a year before HG/SS came out (in Japan) they probably didn't see any point in remaking sprites they literally just remade.

I know, I assumed that would be the reason. It would seem like a waste to re-make all those sprites, right? :3

Also, now that my own question was answered, I think I'll go check out that video again, now I'm kinda curious.

Hahahha i see my curiousness has spread around :D

Back