• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sprites.

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    remember when sneasel was brown in gold version then changed to the dark green bluish color in crystal?

and i noticed something weird in hg/ss. go to the dress up room and it uses platinum sprites, not he hg/ss ones.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Which sprites do you believe will be used for Pokemon released in previous generations? The battle with Zoroark shows the usage of Platinum sprites,but I believe Heartgold/Soulsilver sprites would look nicer. Which do you think will be used?

It doesnt really matter because the sprites will be animated.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm really hoping for completely new sprites, though it is seeming like we'll just be getting 4th gen sprites with animations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I also think that they probably will reuse the generation IV sprites next gen to give them time to work on animating instead of drawing new static one....

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • haaa yea they're probably just gonna animate the old sprites but id love if they actually made new ones :)mainly cuz this is basically a revamp of the old pokemon series so i figure everything should be revamped :p

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Well, considering each new generation has had new sprites, or a touch-up to the graphics of previous sprites. I believe they'll be giving us 493 new sprites for the old Pokemon, and 157 new sprites for the new Pokemon.

Think about it, the (rumoured to be from two different sources) 157 new Pokemon's sprites will be graphically superior to the 493 previous, and that'd just look goofy in-game. You'd need all 650 sprites to be of the same graphical enhancement.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    It will be a mixture of sprites from the 4th gen games, while a few may get revamped to allow for greater animation range.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Which sprites do you believe will be used for Pokemon released in previous generations? The battle with Zoroark shows the usage of Platinum sprites,but I believe Heartgold/Soulsilver sprites would look nicer. Which do you think will be used?
    Merged into the general sprite discussion thread.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i like the idea of being able to change your character. but i don't think gamfreak would do that anytime soon.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Clothing & Accessories

So, do you think we'll get to actually customize our player this generation? I mean, we've seen accessories and the such for our Pokémon, but that's only for contests, and I'd like to see something more personalized, like change our character's clothing colour at least. For example, like in Super Smash Bros., we are given the choice of four or so colour sets sometime in the game, or as you are choosing your character. I'd choose the female character if she wasn't wearing pink everywhere ;___;

Maybe you could also change the clothing or designs on our character, sort of like customizing our Poké Balls with Ball Capsules. Like changing pants to shorts, or a T-shirt to a coat, or given the choice to wear a hat or not. Small things like this make a game more personal, feeling as if you're the only one that looks like this (which is why I liked the "Follow Me" feature in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver). I really that Game Freak considers adding this :D

Would you like this feature implemented? Why or why not?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Well from the screen shots it appears that customization won't be there...however we will be able to customize our character for wi-fi

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Character customizations are something I've always wanted. I don't like having a generic character the same as everyone else. Even if you could only change the color of the clothes, the hair color, etc. I would really think that as a more personable approach to the game. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening - especially with information released and screenshots. Seems like that would be something that would have been noticed on screenshots if they did include that feature.

Well from the screen shots it appears that customization won't be there...however we will be able to customize our character for wi-fi
    ????

lol, what are you talking about?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Character customizations are something I've always wanted. I don't like having a generic character the same as everyone else. Even if you could only change the color of the clothes, the hair color, etc. I would really think that as a more personable approach to the game. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening - especially with information released and screenshots. Seems like that would be something that would have been noticed on screenshots if they did include that feature.

????

lol, what are you talking about?

LOL..sorry to confuse u ..I meant we won't be able to customize our character for in game play...however there will be customization for wi-fi battling..Look at the latest vdo..our character changes when we enter that white high link thing..

Last edited:

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Well, I'm always very picky about customization, so I've always been glad that pokemon does it for me. However, I would like some little thing like outfit customization in contests. Like, the choice of dressing up in a tuxedo, a cowboy get-up, a big pikachu costume or in a prince costume.

Years
  • I think in-game character customizing would be a bit too much for a Pokemon game tbh, but I heard you can customize your character for wifi, so thats good :P I would like it if they added that, but it would be a bit much.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • I think character customization is a good feature to put into the game as long as they don't make it too complicated. Since Pokémon games are often marketed towards kids, there's a certain limit to how difficult or confusing a feature should be. I think you could definately change your outfit, hair color, and maybe even skin color, but nothing too hardcore, if you know what I mean.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Character Customization = Good.

Creating the sprites themselves.. that's something else. Firstly, some aren't that good at creating sprites, and that can make the players heavily unhappy with their characters and possibly make the opponents throw up..
    Plus I'm guessing some will exploit it and draw inappropriate things, or such that don't make sense. And that doesn't make it fun anymore, imo.

Anyway, CC is plain awesome, and I'd love to see it in the Main series some day. But it's not gonna happen in these games, obviously, probably not later this generation either.
    Next gen perhaps :P

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Ack! My post from the new thread disappeared... and I can't remember what it said... I want character customization tooo.... maybe just a little so I'm not stuck as "Generic Anime Hero E"

Back