• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Summer Sale

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
  • I have money to spend on games for the first time in ages, so I'm finally going to get my hands on Terraria, Portal 2, and Audiosurf.

Missed the first few days of the sale, sadly.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Experiencing my first Steam Summer Sale, I'm so tempted to waste my money on a lot of things and knowing my time schedule, I may not even get a chance to play half of them but the 50%-75% off are so tempting xDD
    I was suppose to buy Left for Dead 2 (finally lol) then a close friend of mine was nice enough to gift me that as well as Binding of Issac and Killing Floor and I will play them pretty soon.
    It kinda sucks cause I didn't put much money on my card before I left for America and I don't have much left from spending Anime Expo. I might buy Portal 2 and something else that catches my eye but I wish I had more money to spend stuff on.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I've almost purchased Skyrim like... three times. Keep telling myself to do it, but I want to wait for a GOTY edition. It's tempting though. I hope Torchlight wins the next Community Choice vote. I want to check it out but don't wanna pay full price.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Experiencing my first Steam Summer Sale, I'm so tempted to waste my money on a lot of things and knowing my time schedule, I may not even get a chance to play half of them but the 50%-75% off are so tempting xDD
    I was suppose to buy Left for Dead 2 (finally lol) then a close friend of mine was nice enough to gift me that as well as Binding of Issac and Killing Floor and I will play them pretty soon.
    It kinda sucks cause I didn't put much money on my card before I left for America and I don't have much left from spending Anime Expo. I might buy Portal 2 and something else that catches my eye but I wish I had more money to spend stuff on.
    If you don't have too much, you could find a really long game for cheap. Pick up an older sandbox game or two and, depending how often you play, they'll totally tide you over until the winter sale! L4D2 might do a good enough job of that as it is though. :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I ended up buying Bioshock 1 & 2 even though I'm pretty sure my computer has neither the space to install them nor the specs to run them smoothly, because I regretted not getting it the first time they were on sale lmao. >_o Also at some point tonight or tomorrow I get a free game from a guy on reddit for winning a giveaway (any community choice or flash sale), sooo I have to decide what I want from that. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Picked up Fallout new vegas Ultimate edition the other day as it was on flash deals. Best purchase of the sale for me no doubt.

Cherrim

Years
  • If anyone here doesn't already have Recettear, I definitely recommend it. It's in the Carpe Fulgur collection on daily deal but it's worth it on its own too. If you've ever been annoyed by in-game shop owners ripping you off by overcharging you or being stingy when you sell them items, you can blow off some steam by doing it to other people for a change. For $5 you get a pretty long game where you run an item shop. Bring explorers into dungeons with you to collect stock for your store and sell it at a markup to the town's citizens. It's so much fun and really addicting. (The other games in the collection are supposedly really good too but I've only played Recettear.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I got the Carpe Fulgur collection today because I saw your recommendation on Steam!

Also my friend picked up Cave Story+ for me because I didn't have it and it was on my wishlist hahah. Now I can't decide which ones I should put into my eventually category and which to install and play ;_;

Cherrim

Years
  • Cave Story is pretty short, you could probably do that one first and then start on the Carpe Fulgur things. (I know I spent like ~30 hours with Recettear at LEAST.) Honestly, there is no wrong answer! :P

I'm struggling to not buy anything else until I beat another game or else my Backloggery's unfinished games list will get to 60 and that's way too high. T_T But the Dragon Age: Origins pack looks so tempting!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Cave Story is pretty short, you could probably do that one first and then start on the Carpe Fulgur things. (I know I spent like ~30 hours with Recettear at LEAST.) Honestly, there is no wrong answer! :P

I'm struggling to not buy anything else until I beat another game or else my Backloggery's unfinished games list will get to 60 and that's way too high. T_T But the Dragon Age: Origins pack looks so tempting!
    Well, if it makes deciding any easier, as much as I like DA : O, the game itself, with all of the DLC, is 24 GB installed.

On the otherhand, the experience is much better than that of the console versions, plus there's the modding (which is definitely worth checking out).

Cherrim

Years
  • Ooh, ouch. :( I think I'd have to move my steam install off my SSD for that. My roommates have the console version but I played the console version of DA2 and hated it because two or three quests glitched--would've been find if I was on PC since I could just console past them and continue the chain but... <_<

Maybe I'll hold off on that for now then, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thank you!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've been eyeing the Puzzle Agent games, Recettear, Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, VVVVVV, LIMBO, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Cave Story +, and Aquaria kinda off and on.

Just... can't seem to commit to it though. Even when on sale. *is weird*. I don't really like gaming on my computer but I think my computer would handle the above without dying hopefully XD

Meant to download a demo for Recettear tonight, didn't get around to it. No time tomorrow night, so I guess I won't be exploring that one in depth and potentially buying it.

Cherrim

Years
  • You really need to keep up with the Humble Bundles. :( Like all of those have been featured in them before, lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I have Braid and Limbo from the last Humble Bundle. Never played Braid and only played Limbo off and on because I get creeped out by it hahaha.

The Carpe Fulgur bundle is going on for 25 hours though! So you should have time to try it :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yeah I have Braid and Limbo from the last Humble Bundle. Never played Braid and only played Limbo off and on because I get creeped out by it hahaha.

The Carpe Fulgur bundle is going on for 25 hours though! So you should have time to try it :3
    Not really. Well, barely. Heading to bed shortly. But, then I don't think I'm back home and able to play tomorrow night until like 10pm, which is doubtful because I'll have some other stuff to work on by midnight

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah I have Braid and Limbo from the last Humble Bundle. Never played Braid and only played Limbo off and on because I get creeped out by it hahaha.

Braid is great, I've had it for a few years. There's no replay value but it's a great puzzler the first time 'round. If you have it, you definitely want to play it.

I just picked up Limbo and bought GTA IV for 5 bucks. Shoulda picked up the Episodes too though. Thinking of buying Super Meat Boy, or maybe Terraria but I already missed that sale.

User19sq

With everyone else, I'll agree that Braid is awesome. As for Limbo, it's like Braid, but different in genre and mechanics. Just as great, though.

Well, I'm happy. I bought the Orange Box for half-price. I could understand why not Team Fortress 2, but why they didn't give me an extra copy of Portal is beyond me. Anyway, I think I'll hold off playing these games until I can get Half-Life: Source, that way, I can play the (currently-)entire saga in order.

Sir Codin

Not entirely sure what I am going to get yet, but this certainly is a killer deal.

Years
  • With everyone else, I'll agree that Braid is awesome. As for Limbo, it's like Braid, but different in genre and mechanics. Just as great, though.

Well, I'm happy. I bought the Orange Box for half-price. I could understand why not Team Fortress 2, but why they didn't give me an extra copy of Portal is beyond me. Anyway, I think I'll hold off playing these games until I can get Half-Life: Source, that way, I can play the (currently-)entire saga in order.
    There's no major need. I didn't enjoy what I played of HL1 nearly as much as 2 and you're not really missing much story, just an inside joke or two.

A heads up, HL: Source is the same game with the Source engine. That means smarter AI from opponents. It makes firefights much harder, while the SMG has been nerfed badly. You might want to play the old one unless you're up for a challenge. Either way, HL2 and the Eps are just awesome.

Just started playing Trine 2. WOW, the art direction is just incredible. NOT what I expected. Also pleasantly surprised that none of the games I've bought so far have an issue displaying a 2560x1400 native resolution. I daresay Crysis 2 is going to hurt my graphics card at that res, but that's not its fault. :P

Back