• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange Pokémon Facts!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
  • On the topic of Dasutodasu, isn't that thing suppose to be a pile of mold, not trash? Just pointing that out...... XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • In the same vain, Youngster Joey's rattata that's like, in the top percentage of rattata, actually boasts an adamant nature and an IV spread of all 27+ all around. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • In Pokemon Yellow you could find wild Pidgeotto at level 9 in Viridian Forest. It's obviously a reference to the anime and it may explain where Falkner got his low-leveled Pidgeotto.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • Did you know that catching Reshiram/Zekrom is important to the storyline of Black/White?
    Did you know that Arceus is the God of Pokemon, though it can still be defeated?
    Did you know that a LV1 Kangaskan with the right moves and the right item can beat any Pokemon?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • In the same vain, Youngster Joey's rattata that's like, in the top percentage of rattata, actually boasts an adamant nature and an IV spread of all 27+ all around. :D

I just checked the article and talk page of Youngster Joey's Bulbapedia article... Apparently, there are conflicting sources...some say it has a Gentle nature with all-zero IVs, and some are saying it has 30-31 IVs... I'm so confused! :cer_confused:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • in the anime, Brock's goal is to become the best pokemon breeder, but in all the 600+ episodes he has been in, he has not produced one single egg.

Just thought i'd post something non-game related.

Maybe he meant a pokemon-related breeder, and that's why he's always trying to hit on women in the show? XD

But he's still failed at that....

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Some more random facts:

According to the Mystery Dungeon Series, the hat-like object on Cacturne's head is indeed, a hat.

Grottle shares its cry with Dustox, the only pre-generation IV cry used on Generation IV Pokémon.

It is stated that Doduo and Magikarp mutated from creatures prior to them, yet neither of the creatures are listed as known Pokémon in the Pokédex, despite the fact that fossil Pokémon which are assumed extinct are listed. This is also true for Genosect, who was modified form an existing fossil Poké
    mon, yet its pre-modified form is not listed in the Pokedex either.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    in the anime, Brock's goal is to become the best pokemon breeder, but in all the 600+ episodes he has been in, he has not produced one single egg.

Just thought i'd post something non-game related.
    I know Pokémon can breed between different species, but if Brock's producing an egg, there's something to worry about.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • the only way to get a 50% critical hit chance is by having a pokemon with Super Luck (like Absol), using a move with an increased critical hit chance (like Night Slash) and that pokemon having an critical hit ratio boosting item (like Scope Lens).

Dire Hit won't add anything, as this is already the limit.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Off Topic: About the picture I posted earlier: It's from the Pokémon RS pre-alpha. It's real. I can't draw anything.

On Topic: Did you know that Kurusu and Honoguma (two unused Pokémon) were going to be the the Johto starters instead of Totodile and Cyndaquil?

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • OMG.
    If you have a Blaziken at lv 100,
    its ability is Blaze and its hp is 10%,
    its nature is mild,
    it had 3 Nasty Plots baton passed to it beforehand,
    Sunny Day is in effect,
    it is holding choice specs,
    max Spatk Evs and Ivs,

IT USES BLAST BURN on a

lv 1 Paras with dry skin,
    rash nature,
    it had been Fake Tears'd 3 times,
    min spdef Evs and Ivs,

AND it's a critical hit,

It will deal 8,922,336% damage.

O_O that paras has to be disintegrated by now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2011
    The female protagonist of Fire Red and Leaf Green was supposed to appear in the original Red and Green, but was dropped from the project.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • In the first generation, Charmander's back is depicted as having a small line of spikes.
    20081115021417%21Spr_b_g1_004.png

The spikes were not shown in the sprites of later generations.
    Spr_b_g2_004.png

Charmander also had these spikes in the Pokémon Adventures manga, the spikes were larger and easier to see. The spikes were also seen on Kai Midorikawa's Charmander from the Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga. This spike can also be seen on the Green Charmander sprite.
    Spr_1g_004.png

(You have to look pretty hard, but they're there)

Back