• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    His hair was not very good in Brawl. It looks better in Smash 4, but in Brawl it looked girly and I actually wasn't sure what gender he was supposed to be when I played Brawl (I didn't know what Fire Emblem was), until I read his trophy description.

Here's Brawl Marth compared to Smash 4 Marth, and looking at the pictures, you can't blame me for thinking he was a girl...(pics from SmashWiki):
    Spoiler:
    IDK, I always knew that Marth was a guy......

With all of these comparisons, I have a feeling that Lucina is first in line to get the boot for the next game, as well as to make room for an FE rep from the latest installment, unless he/she suffers the same issues as Chrom.
    There's little doubt in my mind that Robin and Lucina won't be making it into future Smash games. I think at this point it's safe to say that Marth and Ike (probably) are going to be our regular Fire Emblem reps and anyone else who comes along from the series is just gonna be a one-timer. That's the feeling I get anyway. It's too bad though; Robin has a kinda unique play style.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There's little doubt in my mind that Robin and Lucina won't be making it into future Smash games. I think at this point it's safe to say that Marth and Ike (probably) are going to be our regular Fire Emblem reps and anyone else who comes along from the series is just gonna be a one-timer. That's the feeling I get anyway. It's too bad though; Robin has a kinda unique play style.
    I'm pretty sure Robin's gonna stay, because he represents the avatar, which is becoming a staple to the series since Fire Emblem 12. Robin just happens to be the most popular variation of the avatar feature.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    IDK, I always knew that Marth was a guy......
    But look at his hair and his face in Brawl. He does look a bit like a girl, right? I wasn't sure, because I'd never known the character before.

There's little doubt in my mind that Robin and Lucina won't be making it into future Smash games. I think at this point it's safe to say that Marth and Ike (probably) are going to be our regular Fire Emblem reps and anyone else who comes along from the series is just gonna be a one-timer. That's the feeling I get anyway. It's too bad though; Robin has a kinda unique play style.
    They'll likely keep Robin because of that unique playstyle. They usually only cut clones, except for Snake who was a third-party "guest character", and Mewtwo who is coming back as DLC anyway.

Lord Raven

Gummi Bears
    Years
  • I highly doubt Lucina stays in the next smash; I think a huge part of Lucina's role in Smash is the fact that she was one of the main pulls of Awakening. The mystique behind this masked Marth coming out of nowhere in Awakening I think sold the game quite a bit.

It's really strange what they did to Marth though, considering this is his official art in the most recent game:

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Too much stuff to comment about xD But I will say that I'm confused on all the hate on Project M? I find that beating a level 9 Fox on Project M is fairly simple? Not trying to brag all I'm saying is that it's not totally unbeatable. And yes versing a real live person will always be better, but why make it very easy for noobies and then once they advance into pros there's no challenge anymore?

Years
  • Well Lucina can still be good if you're like me and get into your opponents face all the time which you can't do alot with marth because the tipping will be really ineffective.
    Also I prefer Lucina as a character because in the entirety of shadow dragon Marth only talks about enough to fill one page and is an incredibly bland character.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Too much stuff to comment about xD But I will say that I'm confused on all the hate on Project M? I find that beating a level 9 Fox on Project M is fairly simple? Not trying to brag all I'm saying is that it's not totally unbeatable. And yes versing a real live person will always be better, but why make it very easy for noobies and then once they advance into pros there's no challenge anymore?
    Hate Project M? Who hates Project M? I haven't played Project M, but why would anyone hate it? And I agree with what you're saying.

What's your opinion on Marth's Brawl appearance? Do you think that he looked just a little like a girl? I didn't know anything about Fire Emblem, and I couldn't tell what gender Marth was. Maybe I was just stupid...

Also what's your opinion on Lucina? Downgrade of Marth?

P.S. "Versing" isn't a word. You would instead use "fighting", "battling" etc. You may have noticed by now that I sort of have a compulsion to correct other people's grammar/spelling errors...I hope it's not annoying xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hate Project M? Who hates Project M? I haven't played Project M, but why would anyone hate it?
    It's a jumbled mess with too many gimmicky characters. It has the design philosophy of making every character OP for "balance' without so much set back and as such characters tend to rely on the one thing that makes them that good. And the thing is? Characters are significantly easy to use in comparison to like Melee or even Brawl. (Brawl Diddy is waaay harder to use right than PM Diddy)
    I mean, Jigglypuff and Fox are largely the same from Melee (Except Fox is easier to use) yet Jigglypuff is one of the worst in Project M (despite being top 5 in Melee) and Fox is still the undisputed best in Project M like in Melee. It should tell you how screwed up it is when Puff, a pure fundamental character that doesn't require much execution, fell back significantly. It means Project M favors gimmicks and techniques over solid fundamentals. Smash 4 on the other hand is practically Street Fighter Smash 4 in that fundamentals are the one thing that reigns above all and as such all characters are actually properly balanced.

Mew2king and Hungrybox complained about Project M for its stupid gimmicks (well Hungrybox moreso for the Jigglypuff reasoning), and they're absolutely right.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's a jumbled mess with too many gimmicky characters. It has the design philosophy of making every character OP for "balance' without so much set back and as such characters tend to rely on the one thing that makes them that good. And the thing is? Characters are significantly easy to use in comparison to like Melee or even Brawl. (Brawl Diddy is waaay harder to use right than PM Diddy)
    I mean, Jigglypuff and Fox are largely the same from Melee (Except Fox is easier to use) yet Jigglypuff is one of the worst in Project M (despite being top 5 in Melee) and Fox is still the undisputed best in Project M like in Melee. It should tell you how screwed up it is when Puff, a pure fundamental character that doesn't require much execution, fell back significantly. It means Project M favors gimmicks and techniques over solid fundamentals. Smash 4 on the other hand is practically Street Fighter Smash 4 in that fundamentals are the one thing that reigns above all and as such all characters are actually properly balanced.

Mew2king and Hungrybox complained about Project M for its stupid gimmicks (well Hungrybox moreso for the Jigglypuff reasoning), and they're absolutely right.
    And yet I've been reading comments on Smashboard about fans planning to onto Project M as a response to Sakurai's statement on why Ridley, as a playable fighter, wouldn't work, in order to prove him wrong that he can work. Remember the old saying: "The customer is always right," and these guys have already voted on their to not buy Smash Bros. 4, because they truly believe Ridley's role will determine whether the roster is good thus making the game itself good, despite Mewtwo coming back as DLC. It goes to show how powerful Project M, or any fan-made mods/hacks, can be for the fans to criticize all the content that Sakurai worked hard on.

Imafroggy

King
    Years
  • So my brother and I are looking to get into competitive.

He mains Mario and I main Peach. We know their moves and their capabilities pretty well.
    I secondary Pac man and his is Ike.

Any tips for us?
    We do okay online.
    We win some we lose some, more win that lose to be honest and the only time we lose is to super sweaty mega try hard ultra deluxes. Just kidding haha but yeah really any tips?

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Hate Project M? Who hates Project M? I haven't played Project M, but why would anyone hate it? And I agree with what you're saying.

What's your opinion on Marth's Brawl appearance? Do you think that he looked just a little like a girl? I didn't know anything about Fire Emblem, and I couldn't tell what gender Marth was. Maybe I was just stupid...

Also what's your opinion on Lucina? Downgrade of Marth?

P.S. "Versing" isn't a word. You would instead use "fighting", "battling" etc. You may have noticed by now that I sort of have a compulsion to correct other people's grammar/spelling errors...I hope it's not annoying xD

K, first off I'm going to ignore all the random hate from Spino. But yeah, Brawl's graphics style was weird overall and Marth looked extremely weird. And I definitely don't think Lucina is a downgrade. I mean in some cases, for example Marth has more potential than Lucina. But Lucina is faster and can combo better and she's even stronger (If you're not good with landing Marth's tippers. If you are, than Marth is stronger) Overall Lucina is an easier character to use, and for that reason I think she's a pretty needed character.

And it's not annoying, no worries.

So my brother and I are looking to get into competitive.

He mains Mario and I main Peach. We know their moves and their capabilities pretty well.
    I secondary Pac man and his is Ike.

Any tips for us?
    We do okay online.
    We win some we lose some, more win that lose to be honest and the only time we lose is to super sweaty mega try hard ultra deluxes. Just kidding haha but yeah really any tips?

DON'T OVERUSE SPECIALS!

That's the only tip I have for anyone xD

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Spinosaurus said:
    It's a jumbled mess with too many gimmicky characters. It has the design philosophy of making every character OP for "balance' without so much set back and as such characters tend to rely on the one thing that makes them that good. And the thing is? Characters are significantly easy to use in comparison to like Melee or even Brawl. (Brawl Diddy is waaay harder to use right than PM Diddy)

I really feel like you haven't even really tried Project M yet. I've played Melee and Project M for a while and I don't feel like Project M is "a jumbled mess with too many gimmicky characters."

P.S. Mewtwo is better in Project M. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    ...I did play Project M. I even played it online a lot of times.

You think I made up my reasoning out of thin air?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Last time I played it was just a bit before Smash 4's release, which isn't a long time ago.

I can still play online via an exploit.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I really doubt the update (which was released just recently) fixed my major problems with the mod.

Back