• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I was attending 2 of my online matches with Dragon, Bidoof FTW and a certain someone else several minutes ago, and wow, it was a blast, even though I'm on the 3rd, and the 4th place. Dragon sure have mastered Smash well, ahaha.

Spoiler:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Well guys, as most of us suspected but never expected, the release date of the Wii U version has been confirmed for November 21. This means it's coming out the same day as Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. What does this mean for you? Does this affect which you buy?

In my case, I'm sort of weirded out that this date was chosen. I'll still get Smash Wii U along with Omega Ruby, but for some people, they may only be able to choose one or the other.

Wonder if they'll do a joint midnight release for both games? xD

EDIT: According to Serebii, apparently North America gets it first on this date, while Europe gets it December 5, and Japan actually getting it last on December 6. Craycray. O_O

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I don't think my body is ready.

I'm gonna play Alpha Sapphire with 100% of my full attention. Won't even touch my new Smash U game, controller, and adapter until after I complete everything in AS that I have to do.

Doesn't help that I have both games pre-ordered though. x.x

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Well, for the unlockable characters I obtained Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario, and Jigglypuff yesterday. Dr. Mario was the easiest of those three. The only unlockable characters I have left to get are R.O.B., Ganondorf, and Bowser Jr.

As for the Wii U version release date, it does not affect me since I don't have a Wii U.

Years
    Uh-oh.

Come Black Friday, or maybe even before then, Nintendo's profit are gonna go through the roof. I don't have a Wii U but I can only imagine what the stores will be like then.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What does everyone think of the character customization? On one hand, I think it's a great idea to spice up all the characters a bit and even have a chance at patching up their weaknesses, but on the other, I kinda don't wanna use it too much because I don't wanna get too used to my characters being customized and then having that screw me up in a fight where you can't use custom stuff.

Also, I had a question. Do the different colors for the paths in Classic mode mean anything? Or are they literally just different colored paths?

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    I personally don't like customization. Like, at all. But I'm weird and like having things be clean cut and simple.

I don't have the 3DS version and I'm glad I didn't get it because I don't have much longer to wait for it on Wii now haha! And I have Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta to keep me busy while I wait. Jeez there's so much good stuff coming out... I don't even have time for all of it.

Wait doesn't Pokemon ORAS come out on the same day?

Yes :P My wallet is going to hate me.

Years
    What does everyone think of the character customization? On one hand, I think it's a great idea to spice up all the characters a bit and even have a chance at patching up their weaknesses, but on the other, I kinda don't wanna use it too much because I don't wanna get too used to my characters being customized and then having that screw me up in a fight where you can't use custom stuff.

Also, I had a question. Do the different colors for the paths in Classic mode mean anything? Or are they literally just different colored paths?

I think it's cool, especially in the case of characters who are actually better with a different moveset. But...like you said, you get used to it and then you can't use it and it's GG.

The path colors don't matter until the last path selection. I think it's kinda obvious why.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What does everyone think of the character customization?

I am immediately going to change Link's Gale Boomerang to his normal boomerang because Melee nostalgia. Besides that, I'm a very plain guy and just rather stick with the characters default moves and default colors and stats. Though Marth's tornado shield breaker and Kirby's ice breath are pretty sweet.

I watched ProJared's review and I believe he said that the colors represent an added difficulty to the fight.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I am waiting for a Nintendo WiiU bundled with SSB for WiiU to come out, so that way I can buy it and blow up my bank account with a bomb-omb. gdi nintendo y u do this to me??

$250 for a used Nintendo WiiU at GameStop ehhh idk.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    The paths are a different color based on the difficulty of the upcoming fight, with the default blue path being the easiest and red being the hardest, with green being somewhat in-between. This is also reflected in the rewards in the roulette, which tends to give out more of a certain reward for choosing the harder path.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    The paths are a different color based on the difficulty of the upcoming fight, with the default blue path being the easiest and red being the hardest, with green being somewhat in-between. This is also reflected in the rewards in the roulette, which tends to give out more of a certain reward for choosing the harder path.

Don't you love when you are on a higher than 6 difficulty and you choose a red path, when the roulette is grey with a times zero next to it :(

Btw, is anyone able to beat the classic mode on 9 difficulty? I feel like the final boss isn't too difficult, but rather too resilient to damage. I somehow made it to the final stage, when you battle your buffed shadowy self, and wasn't able to pull if off with ZSS on her last life with over 150% damage. I feel so defeated since you can't use the hammer on that challenge either.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So everyone has found out about Smash's release date, and it looks like the U.S. is getting it first, which means it's our turn to spoil the Wii U version as Japan's punishment for spoiling the 3DS version for us.

Regarding customizations, there are some moves where I wish were the characters' default moves like Ganondorf's neutral B, in which one of his customizables has him use his sword, and Palutena's entire B moveset.

Btw, is anyone able to beat the classic mode on 9 difficulty? I feel like the final boss isn't too difficult, but rather too resilient to damage. I somehow made it to the final stage, when you battle your buffed shadowy self, and wasn't able to pull if off with ZSS on her last life with over 150% damage. I feel so defeated since you can't use the hammer on that challenge either.
    Bowser is your best friend.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Does anyone else feel like it's a lot easier to get juggled around in this game? I feel like I'm playing Tekken. Curse you Namco!

Back