• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Well if you look at the Serebii new Pokemon data, Reshiram and Zekrom are dubbed "The White Yang Pokemon" and "The Black Yin Pokemon."
    Since EVERYONE knows NOBODY ****s with Yin/Yang, I think its safe to say that N or Team Plasma or both probably will.
    Just look at what the past generations have brought:
    Land/Water?
    Space/Time?
    For shame, Gamefreak.
    Bring something besides the balance of power into the equation.
    We got the moral of the story from the other 2 generations.
    You're making a huge brand-spanking new Dex of Pokemon,
    A faraway new region,
    A more technologically advanced region,
    WHY does the story look predictable?!
    : (
    Besides, you've already made the god/creator of everything.
    How are you gonna top Arceus this time?
    With Satan? Nevermind. That would be pretty ****ing cool.
    Uh Giratina is the closest thing we are going to get to Satan...

Years
  • Really, I find that none of us have the right to criticize Game Freak's work, but I think they could have spent more time on the "Villians". I wish they would make more realistic ones, because one reason so many people look down on Pokemon as a baby show is because the villians always want to take over the world.
    Well even in some "Mature" games the Villians want to take over the world...and besides in the show they always show Team Rocket and they want Pikachu...

Years
  • Well I don't know, I see this sort of "goal" used in more than just one series, not just Pokemon. I don't understand how Pokemon can be looked down upon for it's evil teams when the main antagonists in most other anime(if I'm correct) tend to have the same, if not similar, goals.
    My point exactly...though the Team rocket in the Anime isn't like other anime villains (they want a electric rodent)...

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Actually I think these villains will have much more depth than the others. Why, in such a modern world, dress like people from hundreds of years ago? Their mysticism is old-fashioned, and adds a twist to the usual "who's-that-team?" intrigue.

That, and the fact that their actions and decisions might affect the unity of humans and pokemon, which is one of the strongest running themes in the games.

This time, the intent may not be world domination, but something that would have even more impact on the Pokemon world. I'm actually curious to see how this new team goes about their goals.

And the clash in this game seems to be people versus nature, the impact of humans on the environments around them.

@ Swampertrulz: You shouldn't read too much into legendaries.
    They're not gods, they're pokemon with [limited] control on some of the aspects of life in the games. Allegedly in the games some of these (Dialga, Palkia, etc.) were worshipped as gods but this doesn't mean they are. That's why they're called legendaries and not PokeGods.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • You know how every team says "You should join Team ___!" Well I think you should have the choice. Not entirely sure how that would work out... but still fun. Maybe the could make a spin-off installment where you play as your favorite evil team.

stickdynasty

Ruler of the Stick People
    Years
  • I like the evil team Plasma better than any of the others except team rocket because team Magma, Aqua, and Galactic were truly all psychopaths and team rocket really had normal motives instead of changing the Earth. Hopefully team plasma won't be psycopaths either.

incognito322

Years
  • Oh, well team Plasma's goals would fall into the category of Team Magma and Aqua's goals: doing something huge to impact the way people and Pokemon live together, and creating new circumstances to achieve this.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • No, Plasma is on a different degree, Magma/Aqua were looking to change the land--they didn't care about people/pokemon. Now Plasma wants to change society/Pokemon, but they don't care about the earth itself. Weird, but not quite as farfetched as making your own dimension. I also hope that this team is at least a little... down to earth.

incognito322

Years
  • You're right. Magma and Aqua only used Pokemon as an afterthought (M: More land for people and pokemon!)

I want to figure out why the name is plasma, though... such a strange name, and it doesn't seem to fit well with the team's appearance.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • DO NOT LIKE.

Team Plasma? Boy they're running out of creative names. :c
    And the outfits look like medieval kitchen aprons, not evil villains. @_@

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    No, Plasma is on a different degree, Magma/Aqua were looking to change the land--they didn't care about people/pokemon. Now Plasma wants to change society/Pokemon, but they don't care about the earth itself. Weird, but not quite as farfetched as making your own dimension. I also hope that this team is at least a little... down to earth.

...Did you even play the Hoenn games? Team Aqua saw the ocean as the cradle of life and wanted to expand it because they thought it would be beneficial to all life. Team Magma was the same way, with slightly different reasoning.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I like the designs. I just wanna know how "Plasma" came into play. Teams Magma, Aqua, and Galactic all have their main goal in the name... so where does Plasma come from?

incognito322

Years
  • Plasma comes from the combination of the 2 secondary types of Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe because their ulterior motives focus on those two types and the abilitied R and Z have behind those types (Turbo Blaze and Tera Voltage)

Plasma is a high-energy, highly charged source of power. In essence it is a combination of extreme heat and electricity. An example of this power? The sun.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    PokeBeach said:
    [...] and reveals a new shot of Team Plasma (at 0:16). The apparent leader of the team says to a group of Trainers, "What we're discussing is liberating Pokemon." It seems Team Plasma is like the PETA, which is fitting if Isshu is really based off locations in the United States

If you didn't fall of your chair laughing, you need to get yourself checked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back