• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Team Stone (Recruiting & Tile Inserter Needed Desperately)

Team Stone

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Introduction

Welcome to Team Stone!

I am attempting to start a small team, no more than four or five people (just because it's always much easier to work towards the same goal when there's less of you), to make the hack Pokemon Stone, and possibly future hacks if it works well. I origianly tried to make Pokemon Stone on my own, but I am not skilled enough to do that and kept on encountering problems I could not solve, so I decided I would need help with the creation. Also, Pokemon Stone will include a lot of fakemon, and although I hold my powers of creativity in high esteem, I would likely run out of ideas and end up producing sub-par fakemon. Therefore, I will need other members of this team to contribute ideas towards fakemon, plot, towns, trainers, gyms, etc. as many or as few as they want. Pokemon Stone will be based largely around the Classics (Ancient Italy and Greece) because I have a passion for them so any intrest in Greek Myths, Roman life or anything like that would be a massive bonus. Although I can map and sprite reasonably well, and I have plenty of good (in my opinion) fakemon and plot ideas, anyone who can map, sprite, script, create tiles, or has experience putting all of those concepts into a working game would be welcome in this group, though I will need at least one person with each of those skills eventually.

As a last note, I aim for this to be a friendly group where everyone enjoys the creation of this game, and helps others if they encounter any problems to the best of their ability. So please, if you like Classics, want to help with this project, or just want to improve your skills in a fun way, join Team Stone.

Members

Posiden - Leader, Spriter, mish-mash of other things.
    crebirk - Mapper

Projects

Pokemon Stone

The details about the game are a bit mish-mash at the moment but will hopefully evolve into a succinct story soon enough. All aspects of this will be constantly updated. If you don't know any of the myths I refer to, look them up, they're all intresting.

Plot

The game begins with a mysterious man doing the whole professor speech (he is NOT a proffesor though), then he will tell you that you have a great destiny, and an evil force is rising in the Solum region. He will then give you a choice of starters during the opening scene, after which you will wake up in your bedroom. You discover you still have your starter, and you go outside where you meet your nextdoor neighbor who is also your best freind, and you find she also received a pokemon (starter weak to yours) from a mysterious man, who also told her to go to the nearest town. There you meet a boy who received the last starter (strong against yours) in a dream etc. He has been told to go to the Town based on Rome, but since there is a tree in the way, you go to the first gym to be able to use cut.

After that I do not have the majority of the details, but the basic gist of it is that the mysterious man (or actually the mysterious men, each of you has a seperate one) are actually three pokemon based on Zeus, Posiden and Hades which have created the illusion of human shape, but actually have the form of eagle, horse and bat based pokemon respectively. There is no evil team, but just a ledgendary pokemon based on Gaia who is trying to remove all other ledgendary pokemon in order to be the most powerful. She also creates minions out of the soil which have humanshape and take the place of grunts and battle with you with pokemon to try and stop you stopping Gaia.

You have to free the Trio (improsoned by Gaia), and then free and capture a pokemon based on Ouranos (also imprisoned by Gaia), which you use to defeat Gaia eventually. The Trio will only be capturable after you defeat Gaia.

The other two starter owners help you through all of this and the girl (who was visited by Posiden) has a team based on Posiden (Water types, Ground Types, Equine Pokemon and Cyclopian pokemon) and the boy (who was visited by Hades) has a team based on Hades (Ghost, Fire, Dark types, Bat pokemon, and anything else with a strong connection to death.

Pokedex

I haven't got an order of Pokemon yet, but as well as all of the Fakemon in the following section, the following will be included, either because I really like them or because they fit well with an important character. In no particular order:

Syther Line

Skarmory

Minun

Plusle

Ralts Line

Ledyba Line

Spinarak Line

Zubat Line

Duskull Line

Frillish Line

Drillbur Line

Horsea Line

I'm pretty sure there were more I wanted to include, and there is plenty of space left so if there are any I've missed out that you really like just tell me and I'll probably shove them in.

Fakemon

I have lots of ideas for fakemon, in varying degrees of finished-ness. Eventually this section will be a poxedex of sorts, but for now it is just a brief overview of each one. Feel free to submit your own ideas, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I may turn them down, and ideally they should be based off Greek Myths.

All sprites are subject to change, tell me if there's anything you think needs changing, I won't bite.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Pompip: A base stage pokemon whose line is based on Persephone and the myth of Hades kidnapping her. Grass type, but has a penchant for dark type moves. Possible grass starter.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Persepom: The evolution of Pompip. Gains a dark type, and the ability to learn some psycic moves though TM.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Kore: The evolution of Persepom. Gains some fire type moves through level up, since she is based on the goddess of the underworld.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

The Fire starter will be based on Cerberus, and be made out of hot coals, and have metal collars etc. The final stage will be Fire/Steel.

The Water starter will be based on Roman architecture such as Aquaducts and Baths, and the final stage will be Water/Rock.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

The Regional Rodent (not actually a rodent) will be a wolf who's final stage is based on Lupa (wolf which raised Romulus and Remus) and the first stage is based on cadets and scouting.

The weak bug of the region will be based on a mosquito, the first to stages will be Bug/Water, and the last stage is a split evo based on Genders and the male is Bug/Grass and the female is Bug/Dark.

There will be a Poison/Bug line based on Bacteria and Locusts, the first stage will look like a bacteria cell and be a locust egg, and the second form will be a locust with aspects of bacteria in its design.

There will be a fakemon based on the myth of Narcissus, and the first stage is Normal/Steel, a humanshape creature but with a tail with an oval mirror on it, and the second stage is a pure Grass Flower based pokemon.

There will be a prevo of Skarmory based on the metal clad birds Heracles fought on one of his labours.

There will be a Evolution of Scyther (Not Scizor, it will be a split line) which is based off the grim reaper and Bug/Ice.

The Regions

The story will take place in two regions, based on Ancient Italy (Solum) and Ancient Greece (Koera).

In Solum there will be:

Your starting town, based off Herculanium.

The first four gyms.

Towns Based on Rome, Pompeii Naples.

The Pokemon League.

In Koera there will be:

The last four Gyms.

The mountain where you fight Gaia.

Towns based off Sparta and Athens.

The first gym will be situated in a town in a forest, be bug type, and a section of the forest will be the actual gym, which will contain trainers, hidden items, and wild pokemon.

In Conclusion

Sorry for my poor grammar and spelling, but I really need help with this project and I'm really passionate about finishing it. I really hope I meet some people who love Greek Myths as much as I while doing this, but if you don't know much about them at the moment you will by the end of this project.

Application Form

Fill out this form and I will probably accept you into the team.

Skills:

Proof of Work (not necessary immediately):

Time Zone:

Why you want to join this team:

A little about yourself:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    If anyone has any ideas for a name for the reigon, or any of the Fakemon, or anything else, just post and say, even if you don't have the free time to join the team.

Also, I've made a sprite for Ouranos, though I'm not happy with the steamy smoke stuff coming out from the bottom of it.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Anyways, I really need some help with all this stuff, so anyone wanting to join is all too welcome.

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Sorry that I have no clue what the name of the regions should be (maybe words in the language that the region is based off of)

I would like to be an Mapper, (over-world editor) Although I'll figure out how to do anything else if necessary. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Yay! First Member! You're Accepted, though if you could fill out an application form anyway just so I know some information about you that would be great. Do you know anything about Ancient Greece or Rome? It's OK if you don't but it would be helpful in making maps, which you can do by the way. Oh, and when you say mapping, does that include tile creation or tile insertion? If it does thats great, but it doesn't matter if you can't, I can create reasonableish tiles and I'm sure we'll find someone who can insert them.

Thanks for the idea of using the languages for the region names, Solum means country in Latin, and Koera means country in Ancient Greek, so those would be great for region names.

Last of all, thanks for joining the team, and any ideas you have would be appreciated!

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Sorry I didn't read the Application
    Skills: Mapping, (Tile insertion is new to me so I'm not the best) Plot, moves/stat editor (not best at the move graphics)
    Proof of work:Mapping:I'll show you a map sometime. Plot: Me and a friend are working on a book. Moves/SE:I don't know how to prove that...
    Time zone:Eastern Stranded Timezone (USA)
    Why you want to join the team:I could never complete a hack by myself, so I like to help others to complete theirs.
    ( Love the names of the regions :D)
    know a bit about Greek and roman mythology + I've red the Percy Jackson series which has a lot about Roman mythology

Last edited:

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Wow! I love the storyline, I'am a big fan of Greek and Roman mythology.....
    But unfortunately i have commitments to several other teams so i dont think I can sing up......
    Anyways if you need help in some scripts contact me and i will do it when i get free time......

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Wow! I love the storyline, I'am a big fan of Greek and Roman mythology.....
    But unfortunately i have commitments to several other teams so i dont think I can sing up......
    Anyways if you need help in some scripts contact me and i will do it when i get free time......

Thanks! Thats a shame, but nevermind, be sure to check often to see how we're getting along! Thanks for your offer, and since I'm not very good at scripting yet I may well take you up on that if we don't get a scripter who can join.

Crebirk, Thanks for the information and helping out, you can consider this your hack aswell. I'm in the GMT +0 Time Zone (England), so that gives us plenty of overlapping hours. MOve editing is very useful, I wasn't sure if it was possible but it's great that it is so that we can include 4th and 5th gen moves, as well as some new ones.

I've made a tilesheet for a villa, which will be the default house in Solum and possibly in Koera (I've just noticed how close that name is to Korea) but I will make small edits for some towns, and other towns will have entirely different houses. And I'm going to make a custom Poke center and Mart at some point. One of the files is all the tiles you need to make the villa, and the other one is what a complete villa should look like. In the tilesheet file, there were three free spaces, so I included Solum flowers (in the coulors of the italian flag), a signpost and a normal grass tile.

Don't bother starting any mapping yet, as I have a couple more custom tiles to make, but they should be ready soon.

EDIT: It turns out that I completely forgot to do any shading on Ouranos, so I've done that now.

Old:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

New:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    If I didn't have so much schoolwork I would help, as I love the idea of mythology in a Pokemon game that isn't just for kids (Arceus, seriously? doesn't seem very godlike...) If you ever need help with something I'll try to do the best I can.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Thanks, I'm trying to make my gods more divine than Arceus.

I've sprited two more pokemon, a Skarmory Prevo based on a Stymphian Bird and a Pokemon based on Narssicus.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Ah well, since no scripter has joined your team, i might as well apply, but remember that i can't do much work presently since i'am busy with my own team but don't worry as i'am sure to get some free time next week......

Proof of Work : Wait for pokemon Rytra Quest beta 0.5 I've done most of the scripting in it....

Time Zone: UTC+5:30(that is 5hrs and 30 mins ahead of England time)

Why you want to join this team: Well, i want to improve my scripting skills and the best way to do that is loads of experience, plus I really love mythology and all the ancient stuff in fact I'am planning to make my second hack based in the past(check Skyrolab Agencies)

A little about yourself: Well, I'am a great fan of hacking and i love seeing successful scripts work......
    I also like writing poetry :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Thankyou so much for joining! I know you won't have much time to help us but I desperately needed a scripter and now I have one that can work some of the time :D. There's no rush to answer this, but do you know if it is possible to give the trainer their starter during the opening 'proffesor talk' sequence?

I've sprited quite a few more things, and here they are.
    The grass starter, Propheed.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I've re-sprited the fire starter.
    Old:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    New:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

And a Scyther Evolution:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I'm going to work on some more tiles next :).

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Thankyou so much for joining! I know you won't have much time to help us but I desperately needed a scripter and now I have one that can work some of the time :D. There's no rush to answer this, but do you know if it is possible to give the trainer their starter during the opening 'proffesor talk' sequence?

I've sprited quite a few more things, and here they are.
    The grass starter, Propheed.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I've re-sprited the fire starter.
    Old:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    New:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

And a Scyther Evolution:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I'm going to work on some more tiles next :).
    Unfortunately, it isn't possible to gain pokemon in the professor Oak's talking sequence, its pre-scripted........ you can only change the text.
    There might be a way by Hex Editing but that would require ASM which I don't know much about ......
    But, it may be possible that the professor mentions something like "You will be entrusted with the three legendary guardians" and at the start of the game you are offered a choice(once the talking ends)
    Or you can make it like instead of starting the game in the player's house you start in some black place which is actually a dream and the weird give the lecture.....
    That's the best I can do....... I'm sorry

BTW Those are some nice sprites you got there!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Unfortunately, it isn't possible to gain pokemon in the professor Oak's talking sequence, its pre-scripted........ you can only change the text.
    There might be a way by Hex Editing but that would require ASM which I don't know much about ......
    But, it may be possible that the professor mentions something like "You will be entrusted with the three legendary guardians" and at the start of the game you are offered a choice(once the talking ends)
    Or you can make it like instead of starting the game in the player's house you start in some black place which is actually a dream and the weird give the lecture.....
    That's the best I can do....... I'm sorry

BTW Those are some nice sprites you got there!

That will be fine, it was my original plan to have it like that anyway, but then it occured to me that it might be nice to have it during the speech, but if it's not really possible then that will be fine too!

And thanks about the sprites, they were quite a bit of work though I'm not happy with the Scyther evolution quite yet.

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Idea:You could have the dream (after "professor talk" sequence) be part of the over-world.and then have the main character wake up in his or her bed.

Btw: I like the sprites :) :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Sorry I havn't posted in such a long time, but I have a lot to do, and not much time to do it. Keep checking back though, cause I have a lot to update with soon :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Sorry for double posting, but I felt that a post as large as this deserves its own. Firstly, I have a question for crebirk.

You say that you can edit moves, it doesn't matter if you can't, but does that include editing feild effects? That's very useful either way.

I also wan't to ask you what you think about replacing pokemon centres with temples, pokemarts with stalls, and adding a third 'commonplace townie thing' in the form of an arena which is a training area. If you both say where you stand on that, we can start the mapping :) Personally I think it would be a refreshing change, but maybe you think different.

I have made another sprite,
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Its an evolution of Propheed. And the concept of the Water stater is finished, so you can expect to see that sprited soon.

Finally, I have made a lot of tiles, which are attached to this post. They are, Trees, a Temple, a Stall and an Arena. Hope you like them. And crebirk, once you have chosen whether we will use the temple etc. we can start inserting the tiles, and mapping.

Thanks, and I hope you havn't abandoned this Ive been inactive so long...

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Sadly I don't know how to edit the field moves (Very well that is) But I'll most defiantly figure that out. :D
    I like the template ideas and can replace the old ones. (Can't wait to start mapping)

You don't mind if I keep track of the Beta\Games progress on a text file, right?

Edit:I think we may want to add a House and Gym to the tile set.

Last edited:

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Sorry for double posting, but I felt that a post as large as this deserves its own. Firstly, I have a question for crebirk.

You say that you can edit moves, it doesn't matter if you can't, but does that include editing feild effects? That's very useful either way.

I also wan't to ask you what you think about replacing pokemon centres with temples, pokemarts with stalls, and adding a third 'commonplace townie thing' in the form of an arena which is a training area. If you both say where you stand on that, we can start the mapping :) Personally I think it would be a refreshing change, but maybe you think different.

I have made another sprite,
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Its an evolution of Propheed. And the concept of the Water stater is finished, so you can expect to see that sprited soon.

Finally, I have made a lot of tiles, which are attached to this post. They are, Trees, a Temple, a Stall and an Arena. Hope you like them. And crebirk, once you have chosen whether we will use the temple etc. we can start inserting the tiles, and mapping.

Thanks, and I hope you havn't abandoned this Ive been inactive so long...
    What exactly do you mean by field effects?
    If you mean things like cut or rocksmash then its easy enough.......
    You see, all the rock smash boulders or cut trees are separate person events
    Whenever you "talk" to 'em they ask you whether you want to "cut" the tree...
    That is a yesno text box(0x4 0r 0x5 i dont remember which one)
    oh wait, first it checks whether you have a pokemon with cut in your party by using a check_move(i think) command and then if you have it it goes to the yesno script and if you don't, it goes to a msgbox script which says "this tree can be cut" or something
    then if ya press "yes" then they play an animation(alrdy stored in the game)
    then play the cry of the pokemon which uses the move and then another animation and a hidesprite
    thats wat i think is the script, so there is no such thing as field moves and so Crebix can be happy that he does know all abt moves...........;)

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Oh of you mean edit the kinds of HM (Field moves) That's not to hard Just have to change the overworld animation sprites.
    The only problem is changing the in battle move animations, that is rather difficult.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Oh thats great, I wasn't sure if it was possible to edit them, but if it is thats great.

Haxofreak, would it be possible to have a sort of battle tower script, but allow people to get experience from it? Also, would it be possible to set up a map where it is not possible to capture wild pokemon, but they are there? Finally, if you have time could you start off the scripting for the first bit of gameplay. Basically you should have a voice saying,
    "Pick one of three Pokemon to join you on your adventure."
    and there are 3 pokeballs in front of you, and once you 'talk' to them it shows you the sprite and asks you if you want it. You can make them the kanto starters for now, I'm going to replace them with my starters"

Crebirk, you can start mapping the first town, I'm not sure what you meant by map information in the VM, but the first town must have at least two houses, and a temple. Also, the first route moust come out of it from the top or the right, so leave a gap in trees or whatever for that. Apart from those things, you have freedom to do what you want, but try and make it intresting, and ask me if you need any more tiles.

Finally, do not forget we need more members, so if you want to join, please do!

Back