• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Are you sure that the first city should be based of of Herculaneum? because that a rather large and labyrinthine city. That's more of a mid point city.

(Having some problems with inserting the tiles. all the colors disappear. Fixing this will take forever

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Are you sure that the first city should be based of of Herculaneum? because that a rather large and labyrinthine city. That's more of a mid point city.

(Having some problems with inserting the tiles. all the colors disappear. Fixing this will take forever

Well, although Herculanium is a reasonably large town in real life, the thing is almost all other Roman towns are bigger... I suppose Ostia could work, what do you think about that?

I'll have a go at inserting the tiles myself, and we'll probably get someone who can do it joining the team soon.

Just in case, TILE INSERTERS DESPERATELY NEEDED!

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Oh thats great, I wasn't sure if it was possible to edit them, but if it is thats great.

Haxofreak, would it be possible to have a sort of battle tower script, but allow people to get experience from it? Also, would it be possible to set up a map where it is not possible to capture wild pokemon, but they are there? Finally, if you have time could you start off the scripting for the first bit of gameplay. Basically you should have a voice saying,
    "Pick one of three Pokemon to join you on your adventure."
    and there are 3 pokeballs in front of you, and once you 'talk' to them it shows you the sprite and asks you if you want it. You can make them the kanto starters for now, I'm going to replace them with my starters"

Crebirk, you can start mapping the first town, I'm not sure what you meant by map information in the VM, but the first town must have at least two houses, and a temple. Also, the first route moust come out of it from the top or the right, so leave a gap in trees or whatever for that. Apart from those things, you have freedom to do what you want, but try and make it intresting, and ask me if you need any more tiles.

Finally, do not forget we need more members, so if you want to join, please do!
    Right I have the first script ready(the pokemon getting script, send me the IPS patch of the game, give me permission to insert a new map into your game and i'll get started.......
    And i also have plans for the battle tower script, it'll be somewhat like ruby\sapphire's and you can gain xp
    but it'll not be so sophisticated, just say a few floors(number doesn't matter) in which you battle 1 person per floor(the trainers cycle in such a way that you battle the 1st trainer for the second time after only five attempts)
    the script isn't perfected just yet, there are a lot of stuff to research, hopefully i'll finish them once my SA 1 examinations are over....

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I've attached the IPS, though it's blank at the moment. Feel free to insert a map, you should probably put it on top of the players bedroom since that will make it the starting map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    I want to help you if you need me. I know some pokemon hacking programs and how to use them. I'm not very professional but I also want to make a hacked pokemon game.

program list:
    A-tack
    A-mart
    Pokepic
    yape/pokemon edit pro
    Ruby/sapphire rom (download on doperoms.com)
    vba (visual boy advance)
    advance map

hope you reply soon

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I want to help you if you need me. I know some pokemon hacking programs and how to use them. I'm not very professional but I also want to make a hacked pokemon game.

program list:
    A-tack
    A-mart
    Pokepic
    yape/pokemon edit pro
    Ruby/sapphire rom (download on doperoms.com)
    vba (visual boy advance)
    advance map

hope you reply soon

Welcome to the team, although if you could fill out some of the entry form in the first post that would be great :)
    It doesn't matter if youre not so great yet, I hope we will all get better at this while we are working on this project, you can see that my spriting skill has already improved form rubbish to reasonable. Out of intrest, what do A-Mart and A-Tack do? Oh, and we're working on Fire red, but it has no real differences as far as I know when it comes to using those programs. Finally, its a bit of a long shot but are you any good at inserting tiles?

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Welcome to the team, although if you could fill out some of the entry form in the first post that would be great :)
    It doesn't matter if youre not so great yet, I hope we will all get better at this while we are working on this project, you can see that my spriting skill has already improved form rubbish to reasonable. Out of intrest, what do A-Mart and A-Tack do? Oh, and we're working on Fire red, but it has no real differences as far as I know when it comes to using those programs. Finally, its a bit of a long shot but are you any good at inserting tiles?

A-Mart lets you edit the items for sail in a certent pokemart
    A-Attack is a move editer that allows you to edit minor details.
    the only tile inserter i found is advanced map (also my mapping tool) the problem is the sprites you made dont have Gba colors (colors that the game can read) so the tiles colors are blank (I know how to fix this but it will take some time

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    A-Mart lets you edit the items for sail in a certent pokemart
    A-Attack is a move editer that allows you to edit minor details.
    the only tile inserter i found is advanced map (also my mapping tool) the problem is the sprites you made dont have Gba colors (colors that the game can read) so the tiles colors are blank (I know how to fix this but it will take some time

Thanks, if you tell me how you fix it, I can help you :)

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Thanks, if you tell me how you fix it, I can help you :)

Thank :D Tgere are 12 color pallets that the gba can read. if when you sprite and make tiles you stay within thoughs colors then it would work just fine. ^_^ I'll post the pallets when I get the chance too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Thank :D Tgere are 12 color pallets that the gba can read. if when you sprite and make tiles you stay within thoughs colors then it would work just fine. ^_^ I'll post the pallets when I get the chance too.

I've looked on Google and I can't find the pallets you're talking about, so I'll wait for you to post it. How about I recoulour the stall and the villa, and you can do the arena and the trees, and I'll re-do the temple cause it looks to small compared to the others.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    Skills:mapping,spriting

Proof of Work (not necessary immediately):will pm

Time Zone:usa

Why you want to join this team:i like it and it seems promissing

A little about yourself:i mainly map. however if you give me a fakemon thats needs to be shaded and outlined a lil better i can provide that help

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    well actually their are 15 colors per tileset so you can only edit those 15 tileset 0-6 (firerd) is main tilesets and are the tiles you see pretty much all the time
    tileset 7-12 are secondary and are special buildings and or houses ect

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    well actually their are 15 colors per tileset so you can only edit those 15 tileset 0-6 (firerd) is main tilesets and are the tiles you see pretty much all the time
    tileset 7-12 are secondary and are special buildings and or houses ect

Yep, I totally agree with him. Those are the more "free to use without corrupting others". Actually you may think there are 16 colours but one is "transparent" for the background tile to play effect. Oh, and this is not a lecture.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Yep, I totally agree with him. Those are the more "free to use without corrupting others". Actually you may think there are 16 colours but one is "transparent" for the background tile to play effect. Oh, and this is not a lecture.
    haha yea your right ofcourse its not a lecture i just saw them speaking about it and thought i would explain exactly how it works also dont insert a tile into tileset 2 and in game insert it inot tileset 1 what i meen is insert it into the secondary tileset then dont in game insert it into the primary tileset it messes up the tile and im throwing this here as i have seen it done so many times :/
    also im just trying to help :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    demondismon, I've seen your maps and they are brilliant so you are definetly accepted, also if the tiles you used in them are yours it would be great if you could help me with tiles, the trees in particular I am not happy with exactly... (mine trees, not yours, yours are great.)

M.L and Creampuff, Thanks a lot for your help, I'm pretty sure I understand what you're talking about, though I'm still not sure how to access or edit the coulors in question...

EDIT: New Improved Tree Tileset :D Full of Tree-y goodness.
    Oh and check out my new avatar :)

Last edited:

demondismon

Years
    here i fixed some of your fakemon.. remember save them in png not jpg..

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    better tail and steam of fire

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    fixed color and now in png format

the trees are not mine my friend made them however if you want we can use the trees

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Demondismon, sorry, but I already resprited the dog, its on the second page. But thanks for the fixing of Pompip, theres a couple of sprites I've made I'm not happy with so feel free to play around with them and see if you can improve them.

Right, I'm doing a little inventory of sprites so far, including two new ones I made today (Oooh)

Sprites I'm more or less happy with:

Starters:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Propheed: I love this sprite, it's probably irrational but I just love it.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Pupyre: This is sooo much better than the origianal, and I'm quite happy with it.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    NEW: Caldur: I quite like this, it could mabye do with some smoothing out later.

Route 1 'mons:

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Cadulus: Quite an old sprite of mine, but I see no real problems with anything on it, though I'll probably smooth it over later.

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    NEW: Larvamp: I really like this guy, he's like a mosquito larva + a vamire + derp.

Other:

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Stimphory: Nothing really wrong here, maybe the wings are a little off though...

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Pompip Line: All very old sprites, the Pompip was my first ever scratch sprite so probably a little smoothing over needed but quite nice overall.

Sprites I'm not that happy with:

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    These two aren't that bad, but the design and spriting of both of them needs a little work.

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    I actually like the sprite of this guy, but the design doesn't look strong or complex enough for a first stage so I'll re-do him.

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Not at all ledgendary looking enough, and not at all a good sprite, probably a complete do over here.

So, If theres anything you disagree with me about than PLEASE tell me, I wan't to know.

And about the tiling situation, I have sent out a distress call to the brilliant Creampuff, and I sould be able to get them inserted soon so mapping can begin!

I'm making a list of all the pokemon I need to get sprited/inserted for the first beta so I'll post that soon.

demondismon

Years
    Demondismon, sorry, but I already resprited the dog, its on the second page. But thanks for the fixing of Pompip, theres a couple of sprites I've made I'm not happy with so feel free to play around with them and see if you can improve them.

Right, I'm doing a little inventory of sprites so far, including two new ones I made today (Oooh)

Sprites I'm more or less happy with:

Starters:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Propheed: I love this sprite, it's probably irrational but I just love it.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Pupyre: This is sooo much better than the origianal, and I'm quite happy with it.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    NEW: Caldur: I quite like this, it could mabye do with some smoothing out later.

Route 1 'mons:

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Cadulus: Quite an old sprite of mine, but I see no real problems with anything on it, though I'll probably smooth it over later.

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    NEW: Larvamp: I really like this guy, he's like a mosquito larva + a vamire + derp.

Other:

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Stimphory: Nothing really wrong here, maybe the wings are a little off though...

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Pompip Line: All very old sprites, the Pompip was my first ever scratch sprite so probably a little smoothing over needed but quite nice overall.

Sprites I'm not that happy with:

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Team Stone (Recruiting)
    These two aren't that bad, but the design and spriting of both of them needs a little work.

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    I actually like the sprite of this guy, but the design doesn't look strong or complex enough for a first stage so I'll re-do him.

Team Stone (Recruiting)
    Not at all ledgendary looking enough, and not at all a good sprite, probably a complete do over here.

So, If theres anything you disagree with me about than PLEASE tell me, I wan't to know.

And about the tiling situation, I have sent out a distress call to the brilliant Creampuff, and I sould be able to get them inserted soon so mapping can begin!

I'm making a list of all the pokemon I need to get sprited/inserted for the first beta so I'll post that soon.

ok nice i like most of them i fixed up three of them to what is better (in my taste) we can take a vote if needed or not idc.... here they are

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

p.s. you have to remember they can only have 16 colors at the max.
    edit* the third one could be fixed up a bit

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Didn't you guys listen to Creampuff and ML's "lecture"( :P)
    You can only use 15 colors at max in sprites, the first color in the pallete is always invisible
    Actually that is how Creampuff started hacking you know, fixing palletes in pre made sprites and inserting them, that was just a month ago.

B.T.W, I'll ready the script by 2mmorow, damn, i am a procrastinator!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Skills: Mapping, Scripting, Inserting, Banner Making

Proof of Work (not necessary immediately): I lost all my work due to a virus that ruined my computer, and i had to do a system restore. Trust me though, I'm not a noob.

Time Zone: Eastern.

Why you want to join this team: I LOVE mythology, and i LOVE this idea. :D I really wanna  be a part of this hack! I feel like i can also contribute a lot to it, since i can help out with mostly anything! I can write scripts, make maps, insert sprites, and even just make banners to promote the team and hack! I am very hardworking too, and I don't give up on hacks. I have nearly completed a hack before the virus, and in me and my friends' opinions, it was very cool. You played as a  new Team Rocket member, in the normal region. You steal, kill, and sneak your way through the game. So yes, I wrote scripts for stealing and killing, including battles between two people! Haha. 

A little about yourself: Well, as you can see, I type too many words...xD But i am a good person, and i enjoy life. My name is Michael, so you can call me that instead of lolwhet. 

Back