• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    OK, I can't look at it now but I will in the morning, its a good point about the trainers, I'll put them in later :)

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    yea.... when i loaded my ips patch and patch them the tiles where messsed up completely so i fixed them then made route 1.....and for the tiles the inserted is that all the tiles???

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I've made a few changes to your map, but I really really like it, its got the feel I wanted it to have so it's brilliant :D
    This is the edited version.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Firstly, which is totally not your fault, I forgot to tell you the river needed to continue past this route, so I changed that.
    Also, the trees are designed to interlock like they do at the bottom of this map, because otherwise they look too empty.
    The lines of small trees you origianally had looked a little unnatural, so I took a couple out.

Apart from those small things, it's really good, I love it :D

demondismon

Years
    ok i see what the map looks like now
    1) the interlocking trees wont work... go try the game youll noticed the outside of the map is fu**ed up do to the interlocking trees.
    2) unless the water also continues into pallete town then it will also looked messed up..

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    ok i see what the map looks like now
    1) the interlocking trees wont work... go try the game youll noticed the outside of the map is fu**ed up do to the interlocking trees.
    2) unless the water also continues into pallete town then it will also looked messed up..

1) Ah but 'tis the beauty of the interlocking tree tiles :D if you put the right four tiles in the corner where you set the looping tiles, they will loop forever, I've tested it :)
    2) I'm not sure if I made this clear, but pallet town will not be the starting town. There is going to be an entirely new starting town, which will have the river running through it.

I've got a bit of stuff to do on the file before crebirk can start on the first town, so I hope he doesn't mind waiting a while.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    those water paths are small widen them up the trees have very dark pallete maybe add detail on the bark bit

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Better?
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I quite like the darkness of the trees, and I'll work on the bark thing later.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    yep but also add flowers some cenery you know the map is a bit bland as it only has trees and water you want to be interseting :D

demondismon

Years
    dude with the tiles he made there are no flower's (that i saw) and if there are based on the pallete's they would look ugly

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I made some flowers a while ago, but they are a bit wasteful in the colour departement, so I'll probably re-do them and add some. They will not be to the same pallete as the trees though.

In terms of intresting things on maps, there will be some things which i think fall under that catagory on this map, and every other map, and it is one of the major original features of Pokemon Stone, so ...
    Watch This Space!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I made some flowers a while ago, but they are a bit wasteful in the colour departement, so I'll probably re-do them and add some. They will not be to the same pallete as the trees though.

In terms of intresting things on maps, there will be some things which i think fall under that catagory on this map, and every other map, and it is one of the major original features of Pokemon Stone, so ...
    Watch This Space!!!

Like what?
    I think the maap looks too dull. Please do make those flowers.

BTW, im really sorry for disappearing... I've been caught up in schoolwork, and I still am, so i cant get working on this until next saturday, after exams are done.

Is there anything I can do right now? I can do some scripts, or maps, or whatever you need.

demondismon

Years
    yea man i still dont like the tree set up.....and the map does look a lil dull add flower's and a ledge or something

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    lolwhet, its OK, I've got exams soon too so I'm going to be a little inactive for a while, but I'll try to get some stuff done.

I've added some flowers, although I think the're a bit bright, I'll fix that later. I've also added some stepping stones and ledges for fun :)

demondismon, well I like the trees as they are, but if anyone else says they don't like them aswell then I'll think of a new way for them to work.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

How's this? Too busy now? I think it might look better with darker flowers.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Stepping stones? Thats brilliant! :D
    Good job, it looks nice.
    I think the trees are alright. I don't hate them, but i'm not IN LOVE with them...they're good enough for now, though. I'd rather get other things done first before we worry about the trees.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Stepping stones? Thats brilliant! :D
    Good job, it looks nice.
    I think the trees are alright. I don't hate them, but i'm not IN LOVE with them...they're good enough for now, though. I'd rather get other things done first before we worry about the trees.

Thanks! About the trees, maybe we can leave them for now and look back over them at about the time of the first beta, and see what needs changing then. I won't take offence if anyone criticises my tiling or spriting or anything else, I'm still quite new to this and know I need a lot of improvement.

crebirk, I've finished inserting the building tiles for the first town, so I'll attach the ips at the bottom of the post for you to work on. I only really need you to do the first town at the moment, but after we've gone through a similar process with that as we have with the first route and improved it, you can start on the second town if you want. The first town needs to match up with the first route so the path and river are in the same place, and the river must continue and go to the left of the map where it meets the sea. You can put a beach in, or not I don't mind. There must be at least two villas, and a shop-stall thing, but you can include more villas if you want. Feel free to add anything else you think would look nice. The villa tiles are a bit mixed about and hard to work out what goes where, but I've tested it and you can definetly build a villa using them. If you need help, ask me or look on the first page where there is a picture of a completed villa.

Oh, and I slightly darkened the colours of the flowers, and I think it looks better but I cant be bothered to post it for such a small change.

EDIT: Hey crebirk, instead of saving the first town map to the ips then sending that back to me can you save it as a map file which we can insert later? Cause I want to edit the data of the pokemon on the rom I have at the moment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks! About the trees, maybe we can leave them for now and look back over them at about the time of the first beta, and see what needs changing then. I won't take offence if anyone criticises my tiling or spriting or anything else, I'm still quite new to this and know I need a lot of improvement.

crebirk, I've finished inserting the building tiles for the first town, so I'll attach the ips at the bottom of the post for you to work on. I only really need you to do the first town at the moment, but after we've gone through a similar process with that as we have with the first route and improved it, you can start on the second town if you want. The first town needs to match up with the first route so the path and river are in the same place, and the river must continue and go to the left of the map where it meets the sea. You can put a beach in, or not I don't mind. There must be at least two villas, and a shop-stall thing, but you can include more villas if you want. Feel free to add anything else you think would look nice. The villa tiles are a bit mixed about and hard to work out what goes where, but I've tested it and you can definetly build a villa using them. If you need help, ask me or look on the first page where there is a picture of a completed villa.

Oh, and I slightly darkened the colours of the flowers, and I think it looks better but I cant be bothered to post it for such a small change.

EDIT: Hey crebirk, instead of saving the first town map to the ips then sending that back to me can you save it as a map file which we can insert later? Cause I want to edit the data of the pokemon on the rom I have at the moment.

Since he's leaving for a week, can I take over his job while he's away? I would hate to have the progress stop for a week, and in my opinion I'm a pretty good mapper.

Earlier, I was unable to show proof of work. However, I now have three maps I've made, just in case you still wanna see proof :P

unspoil it.
    Spoiler:

So...yeah. If you let me take over for this town, I'll get started tomorrow after school. Which for me is in about 10 hours.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I just spent ages replying but it was deleted accidently D:

In a much simpler Version:
    Yes you can do the map
    crebirk can do the second town

We are going to aim towards Beta 0.1 which is more of a checkpoint then a real beta.

That will have the storyline where you get your starter, battle your friend who got the one weak to you, then go to the next town and battle an arrogant guy who got the one strong against you. Read the basic storyline on the first page for more detail.

We need 5 maps,
    Inside bedroom, Inside house, First Town, Route 1, Second Town

We need 7 Pokemon including data, sprites, backsprites and party screen icons:
    Propheed, Pupyre, Caldur, Cadulus, Lycan, Larvamp and Narcain.

We need overworlds of your friend, you and the guy from the next town.

We need trainer sprites of your friend and the guy from the next town.

I have also made some new sprites, backsprites for the remaining starters :
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

And a sprite for Lycan who you find on the first route, a werewolf and a counterpart to Cadulus.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Back